PDA

View Full Version : Putting Overgrip the Other Way

Pioneer
02-25-2010, 08:45 AM
Has anyone tried wrapping an overgrip starting with the thicker end at the buttcap and finishing with the end that's a bit thinner and cut at an angle? I found this method easier if you are wrapping a racquet with a new Wilson buttcap, plus you don't need the finishing tape because you can just use the sticky part to secure it

ronalditop
02-25-2010, 08:51 AM
Has anyone tried wrapping an overgrip starting with the thicker end at the buttcap and finishing with the end that's a bit thinner and cut at an angle? I found this method easier if you are wrapping a racquet with a new Wilson buttcap, plus you don't need the finishing tape because you can just use the sticky part to secure it

I always wrap overgrips the way you describe. I find that it feels better because doesnt leave any bumps on the buttcap, so the grip is smoother and more symmetrical.

tennisdude083
02-25-2010, 10:06 AM
I have done that a few times with Super grap, but found that I prefer starting with the tapered end.

kingdaddy41788
02-25-2010, 10:09 AM
Most of us use far less than the full grip, so this would not be very effective...

Pioneer
02-26-2010, 10:46 AM
lol it produces the same thing as the normal way, just easier to finish off symetrically and easier to wrap around the buttcap. Doesn't really matter how much of the grip you use

mikeler
02-26-2010, 11:04 AM
I've been putting on my Supergrap this way for years. I just could never get it down "the correct way". Plus you can hand your buddies some extra black sticky tape for their grips which they'll invariably need one at some point.

tennis24
03-11-2010, 09:44 PM
tourna grip is all even - its fine- maybe better