PDA

View Full Version : Wilson BLX bag designs: "Walk like an Egyptian..."

MAXXply
02-26-2010, 01:09 AM
Dunno about you, but if I was carrying around one of the latest BLX bag designs from Wilson, it'd make me feel like I was schlepping around some buried Egyptian treasure I've just looted from the Pyramids of Giza or something...all that red...all those swirly black and gold stripes...the bags all look like King Tut's deathmask...too blingey for me but that's just my opinion. I'm sure they'll sell and others love the design. :)
And the white HEAD Djokovic bags look like a small dairy moo cow...like the Gateway Computers branding...

As one who prefers much more tamer, conservative aesthetics, the black/red Wilson Pro Tour colours and the Volkl Black bags will get my money. Anyone else feel the same?

J011yroger
02-26-2010, 04:06 AM
OooooWay OooooWay oooooWayoooooWayoooo.....

Big snow here, good day to switch my stuff off over to the new bags.

J

ryangoring
02-26-2010, 06:13 AM
I kinda like the new bags

J011yroger
02-26-2010, 07:18 AM
Just posted up pics of all of mine in the other thread, they aren't so bad looking, and at least the racquet bags have lots of little compartments now.

J

BagelMe
02-26-2010, 07:26 AM
I'd have to agree with Maxx.....the design of the BLX bag is pretty bad, also I really hate the new Eco friendly material crap they are using in their new bags. Babolat bags are the best!

JavierLW
02-26-2010, 07:29 AM
Dunno about you, but if I was carrying around one of the latest BLX bag designs from Wilson, it'd make me feel like I was schlepping around some buried Egyptian treasure I've just looted from the Pyramids of Giza or something...all that red...all those swirly black and gold stripes...the bags all look like King Tut's deathmask...too blingey for me but that's just my opinion. I'm sure they'll sell and others love the design. :)
And the white HEAD Djokovic bags look like a small dairy moo cow...like the Gateway Computers branding...

As one who prefers much more tamer, conservative aesthetics, the black/red Wilson Pro Tour colours and the Volkl Black bags will get my money. Anyone else feel the same?

I think the whole BLX line thing is ugly as well.

But it's not surprising, fanboys will still say they are hot.

7 years from now (and 2 or 3 or 4 lines later), it will probably be forgotten about and it will just be one of those obscure lines that someone digs out a picture of for the "most ugliest racquet/bag" thread.

Plus it will help their sales for their next line. If they just keep creating better and better frames that look better as well, then it makes consumers want to hold onto them which is not good for business in the long run.

I think they are just backing up a bit. Because the whole Boron thing is nonsense, the name is bollocks, and the design is just weird unless you enjoy being able to play tennis and pretending you're flying thru the Doctor Who time vortex at the same time!

babolatchaznike
02-27-2010, 03:16 PM
babolat aero bags all the way!