PDA

View Full Version : Tennis Ball Machines

chadasan
02-26-2010, 06:02 AM
Hi

Does any one own a SP LITE ball machine? I am a 3.5 player and would like to increase my consistency. Is there any draw backs with this machine? How long does the battery last? Is it able feed short balls? Does the machine place a spin on the ball?

Thank you.

cl1
02-26-2010, 11:17 AM
I had one for 4 months now. It is very helpful. I improved a lot with this machine. The machine can do top spin or under spin. Also can sweep side to side.

The spec saids the battery last one hour, but in my experience I never run out of battery. My sessions are about 1.5 hours(more than that just too tired). I play for about 10 minutes, then turn off the machine and spend the next 10 minutes collecting all the balls, so you don't really run the machine the whole time.

Typicall training session with 100 balls:
(1) Short, slow ball, no sweep: practice attacking the short ball, hiting to the left, right and drop shot. (2) Deep, fast ball, no sweep: practice hitting back consistently and deep. (3) Do (1) and (2) again in sweep mode, much harder. (4) Practice slice, volley and overheads.

Every session you will sweat a lot and when the sweep is on you will struggle a lot. After practicing like this real matches seems much easier and less tiring.