PDA

View Full Version : Do airlines allow super 6 bags as carry ons?

BagelMe
02-26-2010, 07:33 AM
I am just wondering if they do because of all the recent security and stuff. Also, there is no way that I would let my rackets be stored with luggage.

kingdaddy41788
02-26-2010, 07:36 AM
Typically no (in my experience). Most college players check their racquets if I'm not mistaken. I've actually been told I couldn't have my racquets on the plane because it was a potential weapon before haha

J011yroger
02-26-2010, 07:40 AM
Typically no (in my experience). Most college players check their racquets if I'm not mistaken. I've actually been told I couldn't have my racquets on the plane because it was a potential weapon before haha

They must have seen your backhand!

Kidding aside, I have brought super sixes as carry on many times.

I can't guarantee that they wouldn't give you trouble, but I have done it.

J

kingdaddy41788
02-26-2010, 07:43 AM
They must have seen your backhand!

Kidding aside, I have brought super sixes as carry on many times.

I can't guarantee that they wouldn't give you trouble, but I have done it.

J

HA! That would be the first time anyone ever considered my backhand a weapon. To clarify, I've been allowed to do it before too, but I've gotten turned down enough times that I'd rather not hassle with trying to carry it on. I just check them unstrung and restring them at my destination if at all possible. For some reason the tension feels very strange to me after I've checked a racquet (even if it's probably all in my head).

J011yroger
02-26-2010, 07:49 AM
HA! That would be the first time anyone ever considered my backhand a weapon. To clarify, I've been allowed to do it before too, but I've gotten turned down enough times that I'd rather not hassle with trying to carry it on. I just check them unstrung and restring them at my destination if at all possible. For some reason the tension feels very strange to me after I've checked a racquet (even if it's probably all in my head).

When I am flying for fun, I will just put 2 frames in my suitcase and check it. If I am flying down to play for real, I will carry on my Super 6.

Sometimes when you check them, they come out loose, and sometimes they are fine.

Maybe it has to do with if they pressurize the cargo compartment, or if they heat it. I have been told that it depends on if there are pets stored below.

J

kingdaddy41788
02-26-2010, 07:53 AM
When I am flying for fun, I will just put 2 frames in my suitcase and check it. If I am flying down to play for real, I will carry on my Super 6.

Sometimes when you check them, they come out loose, and sometimes they are fine.

Maybe it has to do with if they pressurize the cargo compartment, or if they heat it. I have been told that it depends on if there are pets stored below.

J

That makes sense. Thanks for the tip.