PDA

View Full Version : Rafter Interview Transcript - Tarango, Sampras, Flipper etc.

Yours!05
05-03-2005, 01:04 AM
http://tinyurl.com/98f3d
Edited transcript. Details of the Tarango altercation have gone, and other bits too. Lawyers at work would be my guess.

Re. Sampras: IMO the bigger man picks up the phone first - but maybe I'm biased ;)

slice bh compliment
05-03-2005, 07:16 AM
Thanks for posting that.

raftermania
05-03-2005, 04:38 PM
Yours!05, you're a pretty intense fan! Good gets your digging up here!

West Coast Ace
05-03-2005, 05:50 PM
As much as I respect Rafter, the way he carried himself and his game - he actually could hit all the shots, not just groundies like most of today's stars, I have to wonder what the motivation is. Why bring this up now? What purpose does it serve? Flip gets his nose rubbed in the dog poop again - I'm sure he already regrets some of his choices.

Yours!05
05-03-2005, 07:28 PM
Yours!05, you're a pretty intense fan! Good gets your digging up here!
Thanks raftermania. I'm a big fan of Aussie tennis players who always give it their best shot, so that even includes Ll**t*n. As for Rafter, he may not be totally perfect but he suits us, and from my perspective, as an unreconstructed serve volleyer myself, he is The Man!

raftermania
05-04-2005, 07:10 PM
hehehe, don't tell my TW is censoring Lleyton now!!!! I'm glad there are ppl like you around who still respect the kind of guy and player Rafter was and still remember him even after his retirement.