PDA

View Full Version : Thin and tacky overgrip

dadozen
03-02-2010, 12:58 PM
I'm about to try leather grips again, but I'd like to hear your opinions about thin and tacky overgrips. I know Supergrap is one of the thickest, but it's tacky enough, while VS Overgrip from Babolat is really thin, but with a dry feeling.

I'd like to know which of you like thin and tacky overgrips, and which one do you use. I barely sweat on my hands, so I don't need absorbant OGs.

Thanks in advance!

Tina
03-02-2010, 02:52 PM
I brought two packages of the Prince microzorb overgrip. They are dry and tacky. It was recommended by TW staff. -Tina

wrxtotoro
03-02-2010, 03:14 PM
Gamma Dermagrip?

dadozen
03-03-2010, 02:01 PM
Gamma Dermagrip?

That's one of my options, but I'd like to hear more about it. It seems to be a nice solution for me, at least from its description.

Kostas
03-03-2010, 02:06 PM
I think overgrips really always come down to personal preference.

I use Gamma Supreme overgrip. It's thin (I think) and tacky enough for me.

dadozen
03-03-2010, 02:22 PM
I think overgrips really always come down to personal preference.

I use Gamma Supreme overgrip. It's thin (I think) and tacky enough for me.

Agreed. It always comes down to personal preference, like everything else in tennis.

But I've read some posts where people said Gamma Supreme was thicker than Yonex Supergrap, and when I tried Yonex SG it felt a bit too thick for me.

Has anyone tried Gamma Dermagrip?

Racer41c
03-03-2010, 02:31 PM
I think your looking for Gamma Grip 2. I use the Gamma Supreme on the small handles and it's the bomb. I'll be using the Grip 2 on a racquet I pulled out of the closet that has a bigger grip.

dadozen
03-03-2010, 02:36 PM
I think your looking for Gamma Grip 2. I use the Gamma Supreme on the small handles and it's the bomb. I'll be using the Grip 2 on a racquet I pulled out of the closet that has a bigger grip.

Problem is that I'm from Brazil and I can't find Gamma Grip 2 in the usual webstores from USA or Europe I buy from. TW charges a very expensive shipping rate and I can't afford to keep buying OGs from them.

From Gamma, my only two choices are Supreme and Dermagrip.

Thanks anyways!;)

FedHammer
03-03-2010, 03:31 PM
Been using the Prince DuraTac+. Pretty thin w/ nice tack.

Badger
03-09-2010, 01:32 PM
I brought two packages of the Prince microzorb overgrip. They are dry and tacky. It was recommended by TW staff. -Tina

Dry and tacky? How does that work?

Tina
03-09-2010, 01:52 PM
Dry and tacky? How does that work?

Item description said so.

Steve Huff
03-12-2010, 09:47 PM
I think the Technifibre Contact overgrip is the thinnest I have (I keep several because I put a new one on the rackets I string for people if they use them). They are tacky, come in red and black that I know of.

vincent_tennis
03-12-2010, 10:00 PM
Wilson Pro Overgrip Hands down (that is if u want blisters.)

Badger
03-13-2010, 01:59 PM
Item description said so.

Sounds interesting, so kinda tacky with good absorbtion?

Tina
03-13-2010, 04:09 PM
Sounds interesting, so kinda tacky with good absorbtion?

Yeah, that sounds about right.

coyfish
03-13-2010, 04:34 PM
Wilson pro overgrip is the "tackiest" overgrip imo. Lasts a long time to. Its a little too tacky for me though. Its not thin unless you pull it tight though.

rschuller
03-14-2010, 01:35 PM
Well,

Tourna Grip is extremely tacky and very thin, but if you don't sweat a lot, Tourna won't get tacky because it relies on moisture to gain tackiness.

Mansewerz
03-14-2010, 01:37 PM
Gamma supreme is definately thicker than supergrap, which is thick already. Maybe tournatac? Regular tourna is pretty moderate.

coyfish
03-14-2010, 05:19 PM
Well,

Tourna Grip is extremely tacky and very thin, but if you don't sweat a lot, Tourna won't get tacky because it relies on moisture to gain tackiness.

Tourna grip isn't tacky at all. Its a dry grip. Unless you mean tourna II "tacky" which really isn't tacky at all. And it gets very slippery very fast if you sweat at all. Doesn't last long either. Is tacky for about 1 use and thats it. Wilson pro, yonex supergrap, or babolat grip are all superior.

dadozen
03-14-2010, 07:09 PM
Original tournagrip isn't tacky at all. It's great for people who sweat a lot, which is not my case.

I ordered a pack of Gamma Dermagrip, which I was told that is a thinner version of the Gamma Supreme. Let's see if it'll work for me.

nvottennis
03-15-2010, 04:13 PM
Wilson Pro Overgrip Hands down (that is if u want blisters.)

So you think its the tackiest you've ever used in your opinion?

Personally, I use gamma supreme and derma, but the derma is a bit tackier (But for the price, not worth it). I also tried the wilson tacky one with tread marks but its really slimy. But try grip enhancers.

dadozen
03-15-2010, 04:27 PM
So you think its the tackiest you've ever used in your opinion?

Personally, I use gamma supreme and derma, but the derma is a bit tackier (But for the price, not worth it). I also tried the wilson tacky one with tread marks but its really slimy. But try grip enhancers.

Actually, I'm using Wilson Profile( the tackiest one from Wilson, which has the tread marks, I think that's the one you're saying ) but I'm finding the grip a bit too big. Is Dermagrip thinner than Wilson Profile?

thanks!

dadozen
03-24-2010, 04:09 PM
I just want to thank everyone who suggested me Gamma Dermagrip. It's perfect for what I was looking for. Thin and tacky enough. It gives me the best feel over leather grip and the grip size is just perfect.