PDA

View Full Version : Volkl C10 Pro

benbo3756
04-13-2004, 08:17 PM
Okay, i am thinking about trying this racquet out and i really would like to know what the people on here have to say about it

louis netman
04-14-2004, 12:05 AM
My favorite stick...and I've played them all...A bit too heavy (with added butt diameter increase and fairway) for my injured shoulder...Maybe after my surgery and rehab?????

Richie Rich
04-14-2004, 05:18 AM
Heavy, stable, flexy (especially in upper hoop), nice spin potential (due to open string pattern). Decent power on flat serves but nice spin on out wide serves and on kickers. One of the nicest frames I've played with in a long time and, IMHO, one of the best players frames available.

iscottius
04-14-2004, 05:49 AM
Great racquet, flex feel weight of a true players frame, that is easy to swing and has more pop than most players frames. Possibly the best frame ever made ....I have three of them, try all the "new" stuff but never switch

Blue Drop
04-14-2004, 06:42 AM
Great racquet. When you get into a groove and are really swinging out, the C10 Pro really pockets the ball and lets you put it exactly where you want it. Its weight makes it nice and stable. I love it for returning hard serves.

@wright
04-14-2004, 08:12 AM
The C10 Pro is one of the best bats I've ever tried. Great control and plenty of power, plus it looks great. Enjoy.

deflori
04-16-2004, 09:10 AM
HI

Has anyone played the Völkl C10 Pro Extended??? (plus 1,5cm) ??

HOw is it????

Thx

@wright
04-16-2004, 09:17 AM
I have. It's lighter and not as solid feeling. I like the C10 pro much better.

Koz
04-17-2004, 06:45 AM
Awesome racquet. Second only to the Tour 10 Midplus :-D. The only thing that made me switch from the C10 to the T10 was the T10 seemed noticeably more 'solid' to me.

Craig Clark
04-17-2004, 03:18 PM
The Volkl C10 Pro (98si, 27") is without a doubt one of the best frames I've every played:

Serve: not the last word in heat, but the ability to hit slice and kickers that really move lead one of my long-time hitting partners to state, "I can't wait until you decide to try another frame so I'll have a chance to break your serve again!". Enough said, yes?!

Volleys: SSSWEEEETTTTT! Mac played this frame for a reason. :D LOVE the 'feel' of the ball 'settling' on the strings. Um, um, good. And nice zip/control IF you have good technique. TAKE NOTE: This is NOT a 'stick the frame out and let its stifffness/mass cause the ball to scoot back' kind of weapon......nonetheless another opponent called my C10's 'the yellow jackets' b/c he said he was tired of being 'stung' by volleys! :twisted:

Groundies: full swings only please....heavy, stable, with a consistent, reliable face and very few 'suprises'.

Transition shots/touch: maybe the best of any frame I've ever used in this regard. Plenty of mass for half volley 'pick ups', lots of feel and touch to create angles at net, but maneuverable enough to allow for baseline 'pick ups' and 'using your hands' to modify shots (5.0+ players will know what this means)

ON THE OTHER HAND, I did NOT care for the C10 Pro Extended. Unwieldly, poorly balanced, in short NOT even in the same ballpark as it's standard length kindred.

Hope this helps!!

CAC