PDA

View Full Version : Pac 10 tennis

dlesser13
03-05-2010, 07:33 AM
Mainly a question for fedace here, since he considers himself the pac 10 guru. Where does oregon stand in the mix? I saw them warming up today as they're about to take the court against my college(UTSA) not to be confused with USTA. I've seen D1 talent, it's pretty level across all spectrums of divisions and conferences IMO. UTSA is only a tier 2 school in D1 standards. I don't know any scores because they just started and I would tape some footage but my camera is at home. How good is oregon in terms of stanford/ucla/cal/usc?

Who Dey Nation
03-05-2010, 09:36 AM
Are you referring to tennis on campus? (usta) Im not quite sure on what you are asking when you are referring to usta as a tier two school in D1 Standards.

Joeyg
03-05-2010, 12:06 PM
DUDE! If you are looking to Dr. Fedace for opinions that make sense, you need to get back on your meds, pronto!!

Lindsay
03-05-2010, 12:55 PM
Are you referring to tennis on campus? (usta) Im not quite sure on what you are asking when you are referring to usta as a tier two school in D1 Standards.

Re-read his post. He said UTSA. As in University of Texas at San Antonio.

Kick_It
03-05-2010, 02:42 PM
They have some decent players. I don't know how good they are this year. Look up their results on itatennis.com

Historically over the past 10 years they've usually finished either last or second to last place in Men's tennis within the Pac-10. (now only 7 of 10 teams field men's tennis teams in the Pac-10).

K_I

dlesser13
03-05-2010, 03:14 PM
Kick it pretty much summed up what I was asking for. I'm sure fedace will chime in though.

Fedace
03-09-2010, 03:05 PM
Mainly a question for fedace here, since he considers himself the pac 10 guru. Where does oregon stand in the mix? I saw them warming up today as they're about to take the court against my college(UTSA) not to be confused with USTA. I've seen D1 talent, it's pretty level across all spectrums of divisions and conferences IMO. UTSA is only a tier 2 school in D1 standards. I don't know any scores because they just started and I would tape some footage but my camera is at home. How good is oregon in terms of stanford/ucla/cal/usc?

Oregon is behind all 4 of those teams. Stanford is the best of them all. Oregeon just isn't as deep as other teams. They have Verdasco and that other guy that plays #1 and that is it. #3 down, they are weak compared to other Pac-10 teams.

Jonny S&V
03-09-2010, 03:14 PM
Stanford is the best of them all.

...and yet they seemed to somehow choke against Cal and USC?

Fedace
03-09-2010, 03:17 PM
...and yet they seemed to somehow choke against Cal and USC?

Oh really,,,, they lost by 1 match. It came down to the last game and last point. It could have easily gone the other way.....

Jonny S&V
03-09-2010, 03:19 PM
Oh really,,,, they lost by 1 match. It came down to the last game and last point. It could have easily gone the other way.....

But Cal? Really?

Fedace
03-09-2010, 03:30 PM
But Cal? Really?

Its ok. they always play highly motivated when they play us. but don't worry, when we win the NCAA tournament in May, all this will be forgotten very quickly.......:)

Jonny S&V
03-09-2010, 03:37 PM
Its ok. they always play highly motivated when they play us. but don't worry, when we win the NCAA tournament in May, all this will be forgotten very quickly.......:)

Umm, *snort*, I doubt that'll happen, but I also don't believe Johnson (USC) should be #1, so I'm putting my money on Virginia as of right now.