PDA

View Full Version : Anyone experience racket cycling?

khw72004
03-05-2010, 12:26 PM
I am right now. Sell one, have money, buy one, buy one more, sell one more etc.

Its like an even trade. I can't seem to just do one thing. The last couple of days I got rid of a K90 and and SV PS (9+/10) and got my hands on an Elite Pro and a Prestige Pro. (Yeah, I know, sorry guys, I got it. I was surprise too, because I normally do not get the chance to get the rarer rackets on the board). For me I think I got the better deal but to others may see it differently.

I don't see how Plasma is doing it right now. I think he is just selling and not buying. But I think I am still addicted to my beloved Head Pro's.

In the last month, I have sold over 600 dollars of rackets/string but bought over 700. Its always seems like there are much more rackets to buy than to sell.

Some of you have down sized in the last months which is a trait I should acquire, but seeing these artifacts come to my door with every passing day keeps me motivated to keep going

But my trait is having rackets cycle through my house. It seems like rackets are coming from ever parts of the country and making a home in the bay area.

Is anyone else experiencing racket cycling?

VGP
03-05-2010, 12:54 PM
I wish it were that way for me.....

.....racket cycling for me goes like this:

Rackets in - money out.

coachrick
03-05-2010, 02:26 PM
I wish I could perform some 'cycle' cycling...too many bicycles...need to sell a couple just to make room! If you think racket collecting is addictive, just try handgun buying and selling! I'll bet plenty of marriages have broken up because of that addiction. Of course, golf is another addiction for many people. VERY spendy if you try to keep up with new ' technology'.

"Buy low, sell high" has not yet applied to my racket collection, I'm afraid. :(

retrowagen
03-05-2010, 02:49 PM
I wish I could perform some 'cycle' cycling...too many bicycles...

I'm guilty on this too. Nicer bicycles can be addictive.

pshulam
03-05-2010, 05:43 PM
I am just about break even on about 40 racquet trades (buying/selling). My inventory reached 32 at one time and now stands at 14. I play primarily with 2 PC600s and one PS85. The rest will not be needed. I will wait a while before selling them since it seems to a buyer's market now.

pshulam
03-05-2010, 05:52 PM
got my hands on an Elite Pro and a Prestige Pro.
Which Prestige Pro, the all brown version (first gen) or the brown hoop + red throat (second gen)? Plaz is selling both, but I am NOT willing to spend $600 even though I can always sell them later. Further, I don't think the PP600 is any better than the two PC600s that I have.

I don't see how Plasma is doing it right now. I think he is just selling and not buying.
It seems that way. He seems to be trimming his collection.

pshulam
03-05-2010, 06:01 PM
I'm guilty on this too. Nicer bicycles can be addictive.

.. and even more expensive than racquets. A decent one can cost thousands.

retrowagen
03-05-2010, 06:28 PM
.. and even more expensive than racquets. A decent one can cost thousands.

Yes, I have a few mountain bikes, each of which cost more than a new motorcycle. Some of my friends think I'm nuts (until they ride one of my bikes).

pshulam
03-05-2010, 06:39 PM
.. Some of my friends think I'm nuts (until they ride one of my bikes).

Now they are proud owners (or dreamers) of these extraordinary bikes. :):twisted:

galain
03-05-2010, 09:38 PM
How I wish I was capable. I'm usually not a materialistic person and put very value faith in "things" - but my babies.....they're different goddamit!

khw72004
03-05-2010, 10:57 PM
Which Prestige Pro, the all brown version (first gen) or the brown hoop + red throat (second gen)? Plaz is selling both, but I am NOT willing to spend $600 even though I can always sell them later. Further, I don't think the PP600 is any better than the two PC600s that I have.

It seems that way. He seems to be trimming his collection.

Its an all brown prestige. First or second gen prestige

pshulam
03-06-2010, 05:00 AM
Its an all brown prestige. First or second gen prestige
Very nice - I hope you like it. How does it compare to your other head classics? I heard it is the same as the TXP and plays very similar to the PC600 except the Prestige Pro is heavier and therefore has more plow through and stability.

teachingprotx
03-07-2010, 12:19 PM
racket cycling is the only way i can buy rackets from you Keith!!!!:) thanks again for the rossi's i am now addicted...my girlfreind hates you..:)

khw72004
03-07-2010, 02:01 PM
I think I know how to stop racket cycling. Because I know I can not control myself from cycling rackets, If everyone else stop posting things I want we can end this cycle.

Currently, I am trying to reimburse my bank account for the vacation I bought tickets for and I've been selling some rackets but buying rackets is taking all my money away.

So, a solution for my addiction to rackets is for you to stop posting them.

teachingprotx
03-07-2010, 02:19 PM
AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thats exactly the problem here. all these awesome people posting sweet pics and amazing experiences with certain frames. its killin me! yet i cant stop..breif synopsis:
my addiction started in college when looking for puma BB supers pre internet...1992...i would call or have my parents and freinds call weekly into a place called H*&#Bird@#$%ts, lookin for them...finally gave up and moved on to the Puma Winner because they were all sold out...for the 6th time.......
and i pray to god my journey has ended with my new rossignol endeavor.... 2010..
wait.......did lacoste really make tennis racquets????? uh oh.......here we go again...

pshulam
03-08-2010, 03:44 AM
So, a solution for my addiction to rackets is for you to stop posting them.
Sorry, it's not a feasible solution. :)

jimanuel12
03-08-2010, 04:41 AM
I am right now. Sell one, have money, buy one, buy one more, sell one more etc.

Its like an even trade. I can't seem to just do one thing. The last couple of days I got rid of a K90 and and SV PS (9+/10) and got my hands on an Elite Pro and a Prestige Pro. (Yeah, I know, sorry guys, I got it. I was surprise too, because I normally do not get the chance to get the rarer rackets on the board). For me I think I got the better deal but to others may see it differently.

I don't see how Plasma is doing it right now. I think he is just selling and not buying. But I think I am still addicted to my beloved Head Pro's.

In the last month, I have sold over 600 dollars of rackets/string but bought over 700. Its always seems like there are much more rackets to buy than to sell.

Some of you have down sized in the last months which is a trait I should acquire, but seeing these artifacts come to my door with every passing day keeps me motivated to keep going

But my trait is having rackets cycle through my house. It seems like rackets are coming from ever parts of the country and making a home in the bay area.

Is anyone else experiencing racket cycling?

same here, at one time i had about 10 or 12 rackets.
i sold, gave away, traded and am down to just 3.
but i am going to buy a new one here very soon, but 4 is not too bad.

pshulam
03-08-2010, 09:13 AM
same here, at one time i had about 10 or 12 rackets.
i sold, gave away, traded and am down to just 3.
but i am going to buy a new one here very soon, but 4 is not too bad.
You are doing a good job of keeping the count low - great self-control.

Fed Kennedy
03-08-2010, 09:25 AM
Look on the bright side, at least you are not addicted to golf. Or meth.

pshulam
03-09-2010, 04:01 AM
Look on the bright side, at least you are not addicted to golf.

That reminds me that golf season will be starting soon here in Minnesota -- time to stock up with new and "better" gear to improve my game. :???:

jimanuel12
03-10-2010, 05:23 AM
You are doing a good job of keeping the count low - great self-control.

not so much self-control as my wife will kill me if my racket collection starts to grow like her shoe collection!!!

she will kill me anyway for posting this remark (LOL)

jimanuel12
03-10-2010, 05:23 AM
not so much self-control as my wife will kill me if my racket collection starts to grow like her shoe collection!!!

she will kill me anyway for posting this remark (LOL)

i meant to add that she never complains about how many rackets i have - she is a good woman!!!

beststringer
03-10-2010, 02:15 PM
I am just about break even on about 40 racquet trades (buying/selling). My inventory reached 32 at one time and now stands at 14. I play primarily with 2 PC600s and one PS85. The rest will not be needed. I will wait a while before selling them since it seems to a buyer's market now.

when do you think it will be a sellers market? June?

beststringer
03-10-2010, 02:16 PM
i meant to add that she never complains about how many rackets i have - she is a good woman!!!

yes, she's a keeper.

coachrick
03-10-2010, 02:39 PM
I'm afraid I'm only cycling IN and not OUT at this point...just scored a Fischer SuperForm(made it to my first mxd finals using that racket back in the old days) and a Spalding Smasher(my first non-wood, expensive[~$40] racket, ca. 1969). I'm running out of wall space! :)

tennis005
03-10-2010, 02:59 PM
Me too but I'm pretty good at getting good deals. Just bought a Wilson Ultra original and Jack Kramer woodie for 1 cent( not including the 15 dollar shipping charge).

pshulam
03-11-2010, 05:05 PM
Me too but I'm pretty good at getting good deals. Just bought a Wilson Ultra original and Jack Kramer woodie for 1 cent( not including the 15 dollar shipping charge).
The seller is nuts! She/he had to spend time and effort to list and ship the racquets for $0.01.

tennis005
03-11-2010, 05:36 PM
Yup, great deal for me though. I've always wanted a Wilson Ultra original.