PDA

View Full Version : CTS Prince Approach from the late 80's or late 90's

TommieF
03-07-2010, 09:16 PM
Is there a racket like it today??? I play a lot off and on and still like using my Approach rackets from High School. They must be over 20 years old. I still use the 110 Approach. Is there something similar? I have an all around game. I like to come to the net but I can also baseline when I have to.

dekko1
03-08-2010, 12:58 AM
I used to play with the CTS Graduate, and I remember the CTS Approach being a more powerful version of it, it was a great racquet!
If I were you, I would just go to you local shop and demo a bunch of racquets. Racquets now a days feel more stable, powerful and lighter, I think it will be tough to find something that is similar, but you might just find something that suits you better for now.

Woodersen
03-25-2010, 12:33 AM
Is there a racket like it today??? I play a lot off and on and still like using my Approach rackets from High School. They must be over 20 years old. I still use the 110 Approach. Is there something similar? I have an all around game. I like to come to the net but I can also baseline when I have to.

I played with the CTS Approach 110 as well. I found the Fischer M Pro #1 98 to have a similar feel and characteristics of the Approach, probably because of the constant taper system on the M Pro #1, however since Fischer is no longer making racquets, your best bet is to go onto the classifieds and see if anyone is selling. Otherwise, maybe wait and see what the Pacific racquets play like.

Colpo
03-25-2010, 11:21 AM
I played with the CTS Approach 110 as well. I found the Fischer M Pro #1 98 to have a similar feel and characteristics of the Approach, probably because of the constant taper system on the M Pro #1, however since Fischer is no longer making racquets, your best bet is to go onto the classifieds and see if anyone is selling. Otherwise, maybe wait and see what the Pacific racquets play like.

This too would have been my recommendation. Note that the Fischer "SL" weight will more likely come close to the heavier lumber of the original Approach, rather than the "UL" weight. The last two Fischer Pro One series contained 105 head models. Same principle: stiffer head, flexible shaft.

Baxter
06-23-2014, 05:44 PM
Scored one of these today - CTS Approach 90 - and I can't wait to hit with it. It feels like a sledgehammer. It must have insane plow through.

PSC85
06-25-2014, 09:40 AM
The CTS line was great, approach, precision, blast, synergy 24 DB, and graduate.

Was so glad the pro shop was going out of business and had a chance to take over much of their new old stocks.

Now I'm really hesitant on stringing them and may be keeping them wrapped for the time being lol

hrstrat57
06-25-2014, 01:22 PM
Radical OS would work....ti Radical OS or MG Radical OS would fit nicely.

LeeD
06-25-2014, 04:38 PM
Blade 104.
Older Prince White, Blacks, Reds.
I have a MGRadOS, nice solid racket.

Baxter
06-27-2014, 08:50 PM
Played for a bit with my CTS Approach 90 today. What a great racket! Super solid with great plow through as I expected. I get arm problems with lots of rackets so I'm afraid to play a whole match with it, but this feels as good as any "modern" racket I've played with. I wish I could find a new bumper for it. Does anyone know what the specs are for this racket?

big ted
06-28-2014, 10:27 PM
that racquet was stiff and weighed almost 12.5oz if im not mistaken? whatever you try i think youd need to add at least one ounce of extra weight to it