PDA

View Full Version : Why doesnt any pro plau babolat aero storm tour gt ???

Cl1ntrock
03-08-2010, 02:21 PM
nobody play this frame although its the best of both worlds i guess..
only dustin brown ATO 120s..and safina..weird..
a mix between aero and storm with a 98 head 16x20..
i hit with it today with that new black babolat string..its was realy nice..
what u guys think???have u played it>>??worth a try..

Storm_Kyori
03-08-2010, 09:39 PM
i play with the older model the ast non gt. it really is the best of both worlds, but no pro seems to think so. lots of control and if you hit like a pro of course you can provide your own power. so i see no reason not to hit with it. beats a stock apdc anyday.

Bogie
03-08-2010, 09:58 PM
most of the top pros with babolat are using pure drives/pure controls that they have been playing with for YEARS. it's likely that they transitioned onto the tour while playing with those sticks so many are very reluctant to switch to something new, especially something "funky" looky you could say, when they have already made a career for themselves playing with the older drives/controls. it's not so much that they probably don't like the aerostorm models, but more mental in that they don't want to switch from something that they have relied on for years and are already comfortable with. if it ain't broke......

raging
03-09-2010, 12:22 AM
nobody play this frame although its the best of both worlds i guess..
only dustin brown ATO 120s..and safina..weird..
a mix between aero and storm with a 98 head 16x20..
i hit with it today with that new black babolat string..its was realy nice..
what u guys think???have u played it>>??worth a try..

interesting comments - hit with this frame at UK Babolat coaches day late January, lots of young pros were getting a lot of spin and power on the ball...all the aeros were strung with PHT.

Some comments were "better than my old aero-storm", "Too much power"(from PSLGT user)..."I would need 2 of these for next weeks nationals!" (from old AST user).

I could definitely get more spin, "drop" on the groundstrokes, serves(normal setup PDGT, VS/PHT or PHT/Xcel at 23kg) but I am older, only coaching and can't generate the swing speeds..hence no need for lead on the PD. I need power and lightness to get the racquet into position earlier as my reaction times, foot speed has slowed. With the ASTGT I could get an amazingly heavy ball on topspin groundies but not surprisingly couldn't sustain it.

If I was 25 years younger...it would be a frame I would seriously consider, especially on the clay...

It will be good to hear/see how much more spin, power that the RPM string brings...?

PED
03-09-2010, 07:57 AM
I'm glad you brought this up as it made me look at the specs on the new AST. It seems like Bab has made some nice changes to the new Tour version. Dropped the static weight by 3g and dropped the SW by 10.

cmb
03-09-2010, 04:33 PM
in dallas I think it was Marco crugnola using this one, or maybe it was stoppini using it. one of them was using this one and the other a K blade...I hit with it and its good, but I prefered the Kblade 98 over this one.