PDA

View Full Version : rocket launcher, no really

cantaloupe
04-13-2004, 09:57 PM
So today a racket came in,

a head I. s18, with about 2 packets of lead tape along the side, strung with extreme at 45 lb, :shock: :shock: :shock:

and the funniest thing was the guy who uses it is 6ft 2, looks huge.. :roll: :roll:

and he tells me he breaks string every 45 minutes, and that he's got 6 of these tomahawk launchers so he'd always have a racket with strings in it :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

from the way the racket felt in my hand, i could have broken the string in about 30 mins serving, i'd like to see him play tennis, maybe i'll schedule a mach with him.........

PHSTennis
04-13-2004, 10:46 PM
Oh god, thats just scarry, every 45 mins, hes like a machine, maybe you should recommend him to use something else thats just insane , 6 rackets... me is like a week and thats a lot!

cantaloupe
04-14-2004, 12:22 AM
almost forgot to add

the grip is a 4 5/8, with a heat sleeve on top, 2 replacement grips on top and an overgrip, frigging thing feels like a matress, i could not feel the bevels at all.

someone forgot to tell him that you are supposed to REPLACE grips rather than just laying them on top each time....

i'll try to get a pic next time......

python
04-14-2004, 10:11 AM
Maybe he's a rusher and crusher, cantaloupe. I play regularly with a big guy who uses a granny stick. He's always looking to get into net and he'll slice virtually every ball. Guys like that don't need pinpoint accuracy, and they love the spin and power they get from granny sticks. If he's got a lot of lead tape on his Head, it sounds like your customer knows what he is doing.

corncob3466
04-14-2004, 10:33 AM
cantaloupe, you must post a pic of that bazooka. i really wanna see what that "racquet" looks like.

@wright
04-14-2004, 11:01 AM
I want to feel that handle, must be like holding a round brick.

Stitch626
04-14-2004, 04:01 PM
a soft one!