PDA

View Full Version : Dementieva's Racquet

ervinxhufka
03-13-2010, 12:00 AM
I had a chance to talk to the guy who strings Dementieva's racquet.
He said it's RDiS 100 paintjob. Completely different racquet. It's thinner, a little longer than 27' stock form,100" head, only 2-3 points headlight, with old Muscle Power grommets only on the side (at 3 & 9 o'clock area). The grip size is about 4&1/4, but prince shaped. Its like 4 different racquets, made into one.

Ross K
03-13-2010, 12:32 AM
I had a chance to talk to the guy who strings Dementieva's racquet.
He said it's RDiS 100 paintjob. Completely different racquet. It's thinner, a little longer than 27' stock form,100" head, only 2-3 points headlight, with old Muscle Power grommets only on the side (at 3 & 9 o'clock area). The grip size is about 4&1/4, but prince shaped. Its like 4 different racquets, made into one.

Interesting... and I wonder about how many other pros/frames this could be said of?

PED
03-13-2010, 09:01 AM
A buddy of mine(former d1 player) who hit with her a few years back says she hits one of the hardest balls he's ever seen. With that balance of 2pts hl, I'm sure that helps.

Greg Raven
03-13-2010, 09:24 AM
It certainly doesn't seem to have a very high swingweight, FWIW.

PED
03-13-2010, 11:48 AM

Thanks for that, any idea what the actual SW is? I would have thought it was fairly high from the way she pounds the ball so flat. Any chance of you getting more measurements this year at Indian Wells. I've always love looking over your specs and appreciate your hard work on that.

Watching her in Charleston last year, she's like a machine from the baseline.( I mean that in a positive way :) )

Greg Raven
03-13-2010, 03:56 PM
Thanks for that, any idea what the actual SW is? I would have thought it was fairly high from the way she pounds the ball so flat. Any chance of you getting more measurements this year at Indian Wells. I've always love looking over your specs and appreciate your hard work on that.

Watching her in Charleston last year, she's like a machine from the baseline.( I mean that in a positive way :) )

I've been too busy this year to do much with measurements. I posted some swingweights in the Strings and Stringing section, though.

I just picked up Dementieva's racquets and gave them a swing. They felt stock to me. I use the same stick, but I bump the swingweight up to 335, and hers felt lighter than mine.

Buckethead
03-13-2010, 08:50 PM
I've been too busy this year to do much with measurements. I posted some swingweights in the Strings and Stringing section, though.

I just picked up Dementieva's racquets and gave them a swing. They felt stock to me. I use the same stick, but I bump the swingweight up to 335, and hers felt lighter than mine.
What about Nabandian's ?
Hewitt's?
Does Ancic really use RDS 002 Tour with 1/4 grip?
What's the grip sizes of the rackets you've strung?
Thanks for the info,we really appreciated it Greg.

markmdfw
03-14-2010, 06:05 AM
Thanks for this thread I found it very interesting! I wish I had more pics and authentic info on those pro yonex sticks! Verdasco is on or off? Does he get 2 checks for keeping with both rackets!

Greg Raven
03-14-2010, 06:30 AM
What about Nabandian's ?
Hewitt's?
Does Ancic really use RDS 002 Tour with 1/4 grip?
What's the grip sizes of the rackets you've strung?
Thanks for the info,we really appreciated it Greg.

I had in the back of my mind that this year I'd log a lot more information, but I did not take into account the fact that whether you are banging out sticks or running the check-in desk, you simply do not have a moment to spare. I was working from seven in the morning straight through until 11:30 at night with virtually zero down time. I feel fortunate to have gotten what little information I did get!

Buckethead
03-14-2010, 12:05 PM
I had in the back of my mind that this year I'd log a lot more information, but I did not take into account the fact that whether you are banging out sticks or running the check-in desk, you simply do not have a moment to spare. I was working from seven in the morning straight through until 11:30 at night with virtually zero down time. I feel fortunate to have gotten what little information I did get!

Thanks a lot for what you have already brought us,i thought i just ask in case you knew,but i know you are busy and you almost don't have time to eat when stringing in events like this.
How many use extra length rackets,from those who you have strung for?
Thanks

Buckethead
03-14-2010, 03:42 PM

Greg a i have a question for you about tension:
If you string a racket like Davydenko does,with different tension for different strings,does the tension of the string bed evens out turning the same tension on the entire racket?
Ex
cross 1 H strung at 50
cross 2 H strung at 52
C 3 strung at 54
then all the rest strung at 60lbs,except:
cross 18 strung at 50
cross 19 strung at 48.
So each of these strings which were strung in different tension would keep their original tension or the string bed would be uniform tension wise?
Thanks

Greg Raven
03-15-2010, 04:05 PM
Thanks a lot for what you have already brought us,i thought i just ask in case you knew,but i know you are busy and you almost don't have time to eat when stringing in events like this.
How many use extra length rackets,from those who you have strung for?
Thanks

There seem to be quite a few extra-length racquets, although you probably know most of them already. Davydenko, Bryan Brothers, Fish, etc. That's another thing I was going to check, but haven't had time to do. (Sigh.) Add Kevin Kim to that list.

Greg Raven
03-15-2010, 04:06 PM
Greg a i have a question for you about tension:
If you string a racket like Davydenko does,with different tension for different strings,does the tension of the string bed evens out turning the same tension on the entire racket?
Ex
cross 1 H strung at 50
cross 2 H strung at 52
C 3 strung at 54
then all the rest strung at 60lbs,except:
cross 18 strung at 50
cross 19 strung at 48.
So each of these strings which were strung in different tension would keep their original tension or the string bed would be uniform tension wise?
Thanks

As far as I know, the tension doesn't migrate around like that. After two 180-degree turns, there's so much friction involved -- and so little tension differential -- that it's a non-issue.