PDA

View Full Version : For TW buyer : Head Pro Tour 630 come back possible?

spinbalz
04-14-2004, 03:18 AM
Are you still in negociation with Head to reintroduce a batch of Head Pro Tour 630 (with cap grommets), or did you give up the idea?

Pro_Tour_630
04-14-2004, 05:04 AM
Why would TW bring back the PT630 which is in direct competition with the LM prestige Midplus, we sure are paying a premium for LM prestige and they are making mucho profit on it for $199.

Richie Rich
04-14-2004, 05:11 AM
Cost on lm prestige is around $120, probably less for TW as they probably get volume discount from Head. $80 per frame profit is pretty good for TW :D but not for us!! :?

Mike is right. Why bring back a similar racquet to the LMP and make less money doing it?

spinbalz
04-14-2004, 01:17 PM
Don't you know guys, that TW reintroduced the Prestige Classic 600 last years, while it was in direct competition with the I.Prestige Mid? Of course you know, especially you Mr Chaho, so what?

And Sysop said a few months back, on the old TW board, that he was negociating with Head to see if they can reintroduce the Pro Tour 630, so it's not a stupid question from me to ask if they will finally make the deal!

Pro_Tour_630
04-14-2004, 03:07 PM
http://talk.tennis-warehouse.com/discussions?128@80.7grRaymMIWx^3@.eebcd31

spin, why did TW/Head decided against reintroducing the Prestige classic 600 again for the third time? why not always have it in stock since it is so popular even more than the PT630 IMO, I think Head did a one time favor for TW but I doubt it will do it again for the LM, maybe I am wrong, would you buy a PT630 for $200 ?? maybe not, when many know where to get the PT280 for $50 and slap on an LM CAP for $5, not sure many people will dish out the extra $145 for the real deal, only the few fanatics will, not sure how much profit is involved in a $50 retail frame after all the troubles of making them, also the weakness of the dollar vs the Euro does not help TW and other US merchants.

It would be nice to want Wilson open up the St Vincent Factory and reintroduce Sampras's PS6.0, but impossible

Richie Rich
04-14-2004, 05:35 PM
Spinbalz, nobody said it was a stupid question. It's actually quite valid but I think the PC was a little more popular frame than the PT. That's why TW brought them back. Would the PT sell at the $119 the PC's did? Who knows. Two dealers are selling the PT on **** for $50 a frame. If TW does make a deal with Head more power to them and all who want the PT back.

spinbalz
04-15-2004, 01:30 AM
Michael, I never played with the PT 280, did you installed CAP on your PT 280? Can you please compare the PT280 (with and without CAP) to the Pro Tour 630?

python
04-15-2004, 04:04 AM
Spinbalz, nobody said it was a stupid question. It's actually quite valid but I think the PC was a little more popular frame than the PT. That's why TW brought them back. Would the PT sell at the $119 the PC's did? Who knows. Two dealers are selling the PT on **** for $50 a frame. If TW does make a deal with Head more power to them and all who want the PT back.

I agree. I've said this on another similar thread, but I wanted to repeat myself if anyone from TW is reading this. I would definitely pay $120 for a Pro Tour 630. I would not pay $199, but I am not in the market for a Head LM either at a $199 price. I may buy a (new) LM Radical after the price drops to about $120. I am sure that TW and Head understand that different people pull the trigger on buying at different price points. Certainly a $120 sticker offers plenty of margin for profit, and I suspect a $90 price would bring in plenty of business.

There's a reason after all why TW brings in cheaper remakes like the current Prince Warriors and sells them at a value price. TW, here's your chance to make a lot of people happy.

Pro_Tour_630
04-15-2004, 08:22 AM
Spin, if you read my link, in it I did not want to get into this subject because many dont know and some will tell you that the PT280/630 are the same and that they do not see a difference, but here it goes: the PT280 is made in china unlike the Austrian PT630 and in general the PT280 is heavier with higher SW than the PT630 and that is without the CAPS, the PT630 is just a bit more flexible than the the PT280 and weighs just a tad above the LM prestige midplus with CAPS, so you see it is a matter of how much weight/SW you can handle, if you can handle 13OZ+ with +335 SW then a PT280 with CAPS(30grams) will do the trick but it will be a bat, or you can go with an LM prestige Midplus for $199 and add lead to match a PT630, but you will still have that jarring effect,

IMO the PT630 has the best combination of weight, balance, SW, and has the best feel and is the most stable of the bunsh

JeffG
04-16-2004, 04:49 AM
Michael,

Do you have any experience with the Designed in Austria 630s? I was just wondering how they compare to the ones made in Austria.

Thanks.

Pro_Tour_630
04-16-2004, 10:27 AM
I do have a PT630 that does not say made in austria, the markings are also different, dont know how it plays. There were also early production PT280's that spec similar to the PT630, I had one and sold it :cry:

spinbalz
04-16-2004, 12:05 PM
Michael, if you have a source to find some PT630 or if you sell some of these racquets, you are welcome to my mailbox.

touchytennis
04-20-2004, 03:09 AM
hey i was wondering whats the different models of prestige classic? i heard theres also a one called prestige classic pro or something? can some please elaborate on the difference between the few prestige classics out there? thank u