PDA

View Full Version : How does Henman do it, really???

TwistServe
05-05-2005, 07:17 AM
How does Henman get a thread asking "How does Henman do it" when he can't even make it to the QF of Rome?... and beats Massu/Guga who have been so injured they can't win two matches in a row?

BTW heman lost to Hrbatry 3-6, 6-3, 3-6...

Marius_Hancu
05-05-2005, 07:22 AM
Well, losing to Hrbaty is not shame for anyone.
But yes, Tim isn't dominant on clay.

gugafanatic
05-05-2005, 12:59 PM
lol soo funny. SOO predictable, just how does Henman do it!!??. Consitently gets beat up by guys ranked below him. Like I have stated before put any clean striker of the ball (off both wings) with some reasonable movement and he will dismantle Henman. Tim just doesnt have any style on hes groudies, and he has made no attempt to bulk up to add some extra power to hes game. Hes great at net, but hes baseline game is relatively weak for a top 5 player.

Craig Sheppard
05-05-2005, 01:01 PM
hey thanks for NOT WRITING SPOILER dip#@*(

DashaandSafin
05-05-2005, 01:17 PM
OH NO WATCH OUT SPOILER COPS ARE GONNA GETCHA

jeez

Yea its pretty funny how guga lost to henman seeing that guga is a 3 time grand slam champing with twice the titles of henman. I laugh at that "failure" guga.

gugafanatic
05-05-2005, 01:22 PM

jeez

Yea its pretty funny how guga lost to henman seeing that guga is a 3 time grand slam champing with twice the titles of henman. I laugh at that "failure" guga.

Mate get a life, Guga is no where near hes best and Henman is number 4 in the world and loses conistently to players like: Davydenko, Canas and Hrbaty. Henman is pathetic, number 4 in the world and no great titles or achivements.

Craig Sheppard
05-05-2005, 01:55 PM

jeez

Well excccccccuse me for respecting others...I have this match taped from The Tennis Channel Coverage today and was going to watch whatever they showed when I got home from work... Henman's my fav player to watch... but it kind of SUCKS now that I know he lost. But I'll watch anyway.

Feņa14
05-05-2005, 01:56 PM
Henman is actually ranked 6th in the world, Safin is 4th.

And yes Guga's movement didn't look very good and he looked more than step slow... one last push at RG please!

TwistServe
05-05-2005, 02:08 PM
if you look at the top of my message it says spoiler.. it just didn't say spoiler from the forum for some reason

DashaandSafin
05-05-2005, 03:28 PM
Guga you go get a life....19 yr old aspiring pro in his first tourtament as i remeber? Where does this animosity toward henman come from? Im no henman fan but i respect him becuase he carries the weight of Britian on his back and has to endure through Wimbeldon every year. Oh yea no one gets to world no.6 by being "crappy".

gugafanatic
05-05-2005, 04:34 PM
Guga you go get a life....19 yr old aspiring pro in his first tourtament as i remeber? Where does this animosity toward henman come from? Im no henman fan but i respect him becuase he carries the weight of Britian on his back and has to endure through Wimbeldon every year. Oh yea no one gets to world no.6 by being "crappy".

Henman may be carrying the weight of Britain during Wimbledon, but then why shouldnt he be??. Infact I recall the same expectation for a guy named ANDY Roddick at the US Open. The only difference being A.Rod is capable of using the aura built up around him to hes advantage. Henman is a choker, he is one of the few guys that has the previlage to practice on grass courts for larger periods of hes career, yet he falls short every year at Wimbledon.

DashaandSafin
05-06-2005, 04:33 AM
At least hes consistent and isnt idiot enough to use his damn hip so much to blow it out and end his carrer.

Gugafan_Redux
05-06-2005, 05:37 AM
"...and isnt idiot enough to use his damn hip so much to blow it out and end his carrer."

Um, what?
Care to explain that brilliant statement?

DashaandSafin
05-06-2005, 01:32 PM
Wow nice use of sarcasm there. But if you really were a guga fan you would know that Guga used his hip rotating into the shot so excessivly much that thats why he got hip surgery. See its not a hard concept to understand dolt. By blowing out his hip he's well...fallen out of the top hundred and he is pretty old. I doubt a top 10 future is attainable.

gugafanatic
05-06-2005, 03:04 PM
The reason hes hip got damaged was because he naturally uses alot of hip rotation on hes strokes. He did not deliberately wear hes hip out, but it was a combination of natural technique and attempting to conquer hard courts.

BTW your id is pretty lame. Why would anyone call themself 'DashaandSafin' unless they were ********.

ragnaROK
05-06-2005, 07:05 PM
I think what DashaSafin is trying to say is, if Guga's smart, he'd change that technique to prolong his career. Btw gugafanatic I'm pretty sure you have to beat up on a lot of sub top 10 people to get to #6 in the world. I don't think Henman's a natural grass court player, he lacks that big kick serve or a powerful one to take full advantage of the grass. Britain simply expects him to win because he is a serve and volleyer and/or he's their only good player (Greg doesn't count anymore). He's gotten plenty close, you can compare his "failures" at his home slam to pros like Mauresmo and Hewitt. No one should deserve the pressure of HAVING to win a certain major every year other than Federer and with Fed at his prime on grass, frankly I dont see anyone challenging him.

Steve Huff
05-06-2005, 08:07 PM
What keeps Henman in the top 10? He's consistent. On surfaces other than clay, he is consistently into the quarter- or semifinals. Clay is tough for any S & V player, ask Sampras. As for Henman on clay, well at least he's always played them. Guga didn't even come to Wimbledon for several years because he felt he didn't have a chance.

gugafanatic
05-07-2005, 06:09 AM
What keeps Henman in the top 10? He's consistent. On surfaces other than clay, he is consistently into the quarter- or semifinals. Clay is tough for any S & V player, ask Sampras. As for Henman on clay, well at least he's always played them. Guga didn't even come to Wimbledon for several years because he felt he didn't have a chance.

The reason why Guga skipped wimbledon was because he was too tired after RG, where he consistently made at least the quarters. The schedule was too demanding, thats why its unheard of someone winning both RG and Wimbledon.

DashaandSafin
05-07-2005, 07:04 AM
Do you even know who Dasha is guga? Or are you one of those guga fans with his shirt off at tennis matches displaying your overweight fat ass? No one has ever won both RG and Wimbeldon in the same year? Wow get your facts straight you idiot...Bjorn Borg...back to back Roland Garros and Wimbeldons. Guga your an 19 yr old *** who blows at tennis ok? Your opinions revolve around blasting Henman...who EVERYONE i bet even ayhan thinks is NOT a failure.

gugafanatic
05-07-2005, 07:41 AM
Dasha is Safins gf and thats what makes your id suck. First of all I only consider Henman a failure because he is one of the few players who has been consitently in the top 5 and not broke through at grand slam level despite hes talent. No one can argue that he chokes at Wimbledon when chances are presented to him.

Why have you resorted to name calling??? your immature and need to get a life mate

verdasco67
05-07-2005, 07:41 AM
Mate get a life, Guga is no where near hes best and Henman is number 4 in the world and loses conistently to players like: Davydenko, Canas and Hrbaty. Henman is pathetic, number 4 in the world and no great titles or achivements.

davydenko, canas, hrbaty are very good players whats your point? do you know how hard it is to stay in the top 10 these days? i guess you dont...

gugafanatic
05-07-2005, 07:44 AM
Henman is a fine player, but if you can beat guys like Fed and Roddick then you should not consistently lose to players that are descent ball strikers around the top 50.

DashaandSafin
05-07-2005, 07:56 AM
Gugafanatic you are the biggest hypocrite in the whole world. You start this name calling by calling me a ******** and that my ID was ********. Well your the only one that thinks so. Furthermore Henman does not lose consistenly to players that are in the top 50 otherwise he would not be no.6 in the champions race would he? Ahead of both your boy Nadal and Guga. Oh yea btw i see guga has been consistenly losing to players in the top 50...what a shame what a failure.

verdasco67
05-07-2005, 08:41 AM
Henman is a fine player, but if you can beat guys like Fed and Roddick then you should not consistently lose to players that are descent ball strikers around the top 50.

decent? they are beyond decent i still dont think you know how good these guys are in real life =P.

Feņa14
05-07-2005, 02:31 PM
No one can argue that he chokes at Wimbledon when chances are presented to him.

Well I can,

if you look at who he has lost to in the past, they often end up becoimg Champion:

1998 - Sampras
1999- Sampras
2000- Philippoussis
2001- Goran (heavily rain affected)
2002- Unstoppable Hewitt
2003- Grosjean on good form
2004- outstanding performance from Ancic who gave Roddick a real scare aswell.

People always seem to step it up when they play Tim at Wimbledon, they all want to be the one to beat the home boy, which I think is a reason why he seems to be doing better at RG and US Open where the press aren't harassing him and he can concentrate on playing.

He's the best we got, so support him!

gugafanatic
05-07-2005, 02:49 PM
I find it hard to support a player who shows little emotion on court, and who doesnt posses great technique or style other then on volleys. Henman is very difficult to look at as a role model as their is no natural flair to hes game, and he was brought up from a rich tennis background having access to great facilites from a young age. A ton was spent on coaching and he was training in the top academys.

On the other hand I have greater admiration for players like Guga who started playing tennis on abandoned clay courts, practicing in difficult conditions. He has donated alot of prize money from matches to needy causes, and is conisdered a great humanitarian.

Feņa14
05-07-2005, 03:02 PM
well that's fair enough, everyone has their reasons :)

I like him for his great British sense of humour and his game is so different with great finesse and touch.

I am very patriotic and like all of our players, My country means alot to me and Tim represents us so I support him.

I also know what you mean about Guga, he has come along way with all the personal tragedy in his life and has become a real idol and role model :D

Young Siward
05-07-2005, 03:46 PM
....who doesnt posses great technique or style other then on volleys. Henman is very difficult to look at as a role model as their is no natural flair to hes game, and he was brought up from a rich tennis background having access to great facilites from a young age. A ton was spent on coaching and he was training in the top academys.

On the other hand I have greater admiration for players like Guga who started playing tennis on abandoned clay courts, practicing in difficult conditions. He has donated alot of prize money from matches to needy causes, and is conisdered a great humanitarian.

I doubt many top players have got to the top without top coaching. As for flair, I'll respectfully disagree, to such an extent that Henman is a far better player to watch on a typical day (Yet I still do miss Guga's lethal backhand)

I agree that Guga is a nice guy. However that same also applies to many players - including Henman (Kids at Heart, ATP kids charity etc...). But then again I'm the type to queue overnight at SW19 to watch him ;)

DashaandSafin
05-07-2005, 07:10 PM
I guess you dont like Sampras, Edberg, and Rafter as well i guess? Especially Rafter with his slices.