PDA

View Full Version : Gamma Live Wire Professional review

mad dog1
03-18-2010, 01:39 AM
i strung up a prince boron w/ gamma live wire professional 17g for the mains at 65lbs and gosen og sheep micro 17g for the crosses at 65lbs and have hit with it for the past few weeks. gotta say i'm really impressed with this set up so far. the gamma professional offers a nice combination of great feel, power & control. i find it to be pretty soft as well since gosen is certainly not a soft string. i beginning to wonder how a full bed of gamma live wire professional will perform if it does so well as in a hybrid setup.

Ron Insana
03-18-2010, 04:27 AM
You call this a review?

Lefty5
03-18-2010, 06:55 AM
I would break that setup in less than 3 games....

floydcouncil
03-18-2010, 07:17 AM
You gots magical skillz if you can review just the main strings in a hybrid!!!!!!!!!!!

mad dog1
03-18-2010, 10:05 AM
You call this a review?

should've titled it "impressions" rather than "review"...wrong terminology...my bad.

mad dog1
03-18-2010, 10:07 AM
You call this a review?

or "comments"

parasailing
03-18-2010, 10:16 AM
For $20 a set, I am not impressed with it compared to Babolat Xcel Power or Technifibre Biphase.

I strung my KPS 88 at 55lbs using the 17g version and it was no where as crisp and powerful as either the Xcel Power or Biphase 17g versions. It was comfortable string but that's it.

aggfan
03-18-2010, 11:43 AM
I played with Gamma Prof 17 and have to say it's one of the best Multi I've palyed with. It has that soft feeling and gives you that feel when you are tryin to rip a shot. I've felt that other multi tend to provide too much power or pop at time.

I don't mean to say Gamma is low powered it has its share of power, but the best thing i like about it is the soft plush feeling. I'm currently testing the Gamma Prof , Tech Multifeel and NRg2 to pick one. Also like to hear what other think about this comparison.

Cup8489
03-18-2010, 11:56 AM
Gamma strings are awesome..when theyre free :)

mad dog1
03-18-2010, 11:57 AM
For $20 a set, I am not impressed with it compared to Babolat Xcel Power or Technifibre Biphase.

I strung my KPS 88 at 55lbs using the 17g version and it was no where as crisp and powerful as either the Xcel Power or Biphase 17g versions. It was comfortable string but that's it.

i picked up a couple of sets of Xcel Power that i'm going to try eventually as well so i'll be able to compare these two. but next i intend to try a full bed of Professional.

mad dog1
03-18-2010, 12:07 PM
the problem w/ having your own strining machine is the desire to experiment w/ alot of different strings & hybrid combos. w/ all the recommendations on this forum, that's alot of strings to experiment with! u find that u end up spending more time tinkering w/ strings & less time actually playing tennis!

rios76
03-18-2010, 12:08 PM
Someone can make a comparison between Gamma Professional 16, Pacifc Pmx 16 and Nrg2 16?

Cup8489
03-18-2010, 12:26 PM
the problem w/ having your own strining machine is the desire to experiment w/ alot of different strings & hybrid combos. w/ all the recommendations on this forum, that's alot of strings to experiment with! u find that u end up spending more time tinkering w/ strings & less time actually playing tennis!

i had the same problem. i have been using SPPP in my frames for about 3 months now, but i'm playtesting RPM Blast for TW, and i'm starting to like it... so i may be switching again >.<

parasailing
03-18-2010, 03:02 PM
I don't think see having a stringing machine as a problem. I see it as a great opportunity to test out all the different types of strings in a specific class and provide feedback.

I guess if you can't settle on a class of tennis strings, ie, poly vs multifiliament, then that's quite a lot of strings to try out.

mctennis
03-18-2010, 08:59 PM
I tried the Gamma Live Wire with horrible results. Dead shorty after stringing.
All the Gamma strings go dead on me after about 2-3 hours of play. Not a very good return for the money. I hated trying so many different Gamma strings with the same results.

Ronaldo
03-19-2010, 05:17 AM
I tried the Gamma Live Wire with horrible results. Dead shorty after stringing.
All the Gamma strings go dead on me after about 2-3 hours of play. Not a very good return for the money. I hated trying so many different Gamma strings with the same results.

Not sure whether to string Livewire Pro 2# higher just to compensate for that dead feel once the string settles in. Best multi IMHO for those that have TE. Cheap gut does everything Pro does, holds its tension, and even better for those with TE.

brownbearfalling
03-22-2010, 12:36 AM
LW professional has been around for ages. Nothing new. Try Lw professional spin if you want to get some more attention/ feedback with your review