PDA

View Full Version : A Pic of Global Gut after 9 hours of hitting

beststringer
03-18-2010, 08:28 AM
http://lh3.ggpht.com/_saJ1z9W-2_g/S6JVlkeKxEI/AAAAAAAAAFQ/KcbHMk0Wr4o/tt.jpg

GG 50 mains
Multi 55 crosses
POG 110

It looks like these puppies don't frail much after 9 hours.

I typically break gosen 18g after about 2 or 3 hours. I think using string savers definitely helps. I also wax the gut with candle wax to keep the gut strong.

But I also have a theory that because the cross strings are way soft so it doesn't cut into the mains as much. Any thoughts?

alidisperanza
03-18-2010, 02:09 PM
Methinks this is one of those cases where stringsavers are literally saving the day. I typically pop econoguts in 45min-3ish hours of decent hitting. Having softer strings and string savers certainly helps. Waxing imo, although there is much debate on this, helps keep the gut together and from fraying excessively.

alidisperanza
03-18-2010, 02:17 PM
Methinks this is one of those cases where stringsavers are literally saving the day. I typically pop econoguts in 45min-3ish hours of decent hitting. Having softer strings and string savers certainly helps. Waxing imo, although there is much debate on this, helps keep the gut together and from fraying excessively.

-Kap-
03-18-2010, 05:53 PM
That pic's got a freaky optical illusion going on. Let your eyes quickly jump from one stringsaver to the next, and you'll see the ones in your peripheral vision turn gray.

:shock:

Heh.

mad dog1
03-18-2010, 06:32 PM
That pic's got a freaky optical illusion going on. Let your eyes quickly jump from one stringsaver to the next, and you'll see the ones in your peripheral vision turn gray.

:shock:

Heh.

you're right. it's rather amusing!

ManuGinobili
03-18-2010, 07:57 PM
or roll your mouse wheel and u get a weird stop motion sequence!!

mctennis
03-18-2010, 08:00 PM
Looks like you use stringsavers. I'm not sure what they would look like without them.

auburnlull
03-19-2010, 05:05 AM

What type of wax is used and where do you get it? What is the debate?
Thanks.

The_Question
03-19-2010, 06:11 AM
Wow, that's a lot of string savers on there...

jrod
03-19-2010, 06:24 AM
This is more of a statement on the stringsavers than it is on the string.

What does GG look like without all those stringsavers after hitting for 9 hours?

auburnlull
03-19-2010, 08:07 AM

Thanks.

beststringer
03-19-2010, 09:07 AM
Thanks.

I used something i bought for 20 cents. Here's a pic like it. I run the bottom of the candle over the string bed slowly with some light pressure.

http://www.elmsgiftswholesale.com/images/_products/sunrisedemo/38565.jpg

beststringer
03-19-2010, 09:27 AM
Thanks.

the debate is whether it was the soft crosses, string savers, or the candle wax that kept the string going?

I guess it's all of the above.

jrod
03-19-2010, 10:23 AM
the debate is whether it was the soft crosses, string savers, or the candle wax that kept the string going?

I guess it's all of the above.

If you had instead introduced each of these independently instead of together you wouldn't have to guess. As it stands, it's still unclear whether it was one or a combination of these things that helped.

InsideOut94
03-19-2010, 09:45 PM
How hard are you hitting the ball to keep those strings in that condition after 9 hours?

beststringer
03-20-2010, 12:05 AM
How hard are you hitting the ball to keep those strings in that condition after 9 hours?

i played about 3 or 4 matches where i was hitting very hard serves and groundies. in similar matches i've broken gosens 17g or poly 17gs within 1 hrs (sometimes 10min or less) of play due to mis-hits. (but they didn't have string savers and were strung at 60 or 65.)

beststringer
03-20-2010, 12:06 AM
the greying of the yellow stringsavers is just freakish. still...

KiNG
03-20-2010, 01:39 AM
Global Gut has the worst quality of any natural guts you can ever see. That thing is a whopping 14G string, depsite what the package says. Its more like a rope than a string. No surprise it lasts.

marosmith
03-20-2010, 11:33 AM
Global Gut has the worst quality of any natural guts you can ever see. That thing is a whopping 14G string, depsite what the package says. Its more like a rope than a string. No surprise it lasts.

you are an idiot.

thanks

pvaudio
03-20-2010, 01:37 PM
Thanks for your input, it's greatly appreciated! And by greatly appreciated, I mean keep that **** to yourself unless you can comment constructively.

hoodjem
03-20-2010, 07:21 PM
GG 50 mains
Multi 55 crosses
POG 110

It looks like these puppies don't frail much after 9 hours.Is "frail" like fray?

BTW, which multi?

brownbearfalling
03-21-2010, 11:18 PM
Those string savers would have a lot to do with the durability. Is it also changing the way you play? With different strings I play slightly different, is that what is happening to you with the natural gut. Either way 18g syn gut isn't that hard to break.

beststringer
03-22-2010, 02:09 PM
Is "frail" like fray?

BTW, which multi?

yes, fray.

it's called german fibregut from eebbbaaaaaayyyy

beststringer
03-22-2010, 02:10 PM
Those string savers would have a lot to do with the durability. Is it also changing the way you play? With different strings I play slightly different, is that what is happening to you with the natural gut. Either way 18g syn gut isn't that hard to break.
these are Unique ones so they make the strings really separated from each other (mains/crosses). It kept the tension higher in the beginning. it didn't really change the way i played. i think it kind of helped 'cause i strung the natural gut really loose (50lbs). i agree. 18gs are not hard to break.

masterxfob
03-22-2010, 06:24 PM
you are an idiot.

thanks

:lol:

10 char