PDA

View Full Version : String suggestions

Weston
03-18-2010, 02:24 PM
Hi TW community,

I have recently become addicted to Tennis, I just picked up the sport a little less than a year ago but I am playing as frequently as north west weather permits with out an expensive tennis club membership. I am a healthy, relatively young (30) adult male. I would say that my skill level is around a NTRP of 3.0-3.5

I am currently using a Prince 03 Hybrid Hornet and need to restring my racquet. My raquet was strung at a tension of 58 with and unknown type of string. I am picking up the use of topspin with my groundstrokes but feel that my raquet is a little too powerful and I am considering stringing my racquet at a tighter tension and/or with a type of string that yields more control. I am looking for some advice from the community about what type of string and tension I should go with. Thanks!

Valjean
03-18-2010, 03:59 PM
Your best bet for added control seems to lie in more frequent restringing.

Weston
03-20-2010, 12:31 AM
It is true that I am 2 months past the date I was reccomended to restring my racquet on. I take it that your opinion is that it does not matter what strings I choose so long as I keep up on replacing them when needed. I suspect there is more to it than that and I would like to hear others suggestions.

Valjean
03-20-2010, 05:43 AM
It is true that I am 2 months past the date I was reccomended to restring my racquet on. I take it that your opinion is that it does not matter what strings I choose so long as I keep up on replacing them when needed. I suspect there is more to it than that and I would like to hear others suggestions.
There can be, but, at this point, could you tell?

I'd say not. Do you want to find a reliable solution? Then do it one thing at a time.

bruce nissenbaum
03-20-2010, 06:58 AM
FWIW, I have strung the Hybrid Hornet Oversize with Head FXP 17 at 60# for 3.0/3.5 (senior/super senior) players with very positive feedback. If you're using the MP I think I would try 56-58#.

struggle
03-20-2010, 11:04 AM
try to get an idea of the current tension.

have it restrung with a similar string at your choice of tension.

compare.

repeat as needed.