PDA

View Full Version : Luxilon Big Banger Ace 18

highschoolertennis
03-18-2010, 06:38 PM
Any comments on this, thinking about getting my racquet strung with this. Looking for comments on the durability,power and spin.

Who Dey Nation
03-19-2010, 07:51 AM
well seeing that your name is highschoolertennis assuming that you are in Hs still the durability should last you a week. The power is Nice, but the spin is where I fell you get your moneys worth. It seems a bit crisper than BB rough but seems to have the same amount of spin.

I would recommended using something different in the crosses. If you do the all poly set up the strings will Rub down and snap in about 6 hours of playing. Maybe get a nice multi to go with it?

downs_chris
03-28-2010, 07:17 AM
i agree with this guy...get a nice multi in the crosses...like a pro supex maxim touch or something...if you can afford it, go with natural gut in the crosses...gaucho gut is only $7 / half set...you will not be disappointed...

kiteboard
03-28-2010, 08:06 AM
i agree with this guy...get a nice multi in the crosses...like a pro supex maxim touch or something...if you can afford it, go with natural gut in the crosses...gaucho gut is only $7 / half set...you will not be disappointed...

Listen to this guy. Gut cross, ace 18 mains, good spin and durability ok if stick is flexible.

Tennis_Crazed
03-28-2010, 10:18 PM

I've seen gaucho gut mentioned in a couple of different places. how's the durability of it relative to the same gauge in VS Gut? Any quality issues (premature breaking along the frame or snapping during stringing, etc)?

Starting to string for people and thought it would be great if I can offer a good quality natural gut at a very affordable price.

downs_chris
03-29-2010, 04:08 AM
I've seen gaucho gut mentioned in a couple of different places. how's the durability of it relative to the same gauge in VS Gut? Any quality issues (premature breaking along the frame or snapping during stringing, etc)?

Starting to string for people and thought it would be great if I can offer a good quality natural gut at a very affordable price.

durability seems to be decent...i've only had 2 experiences with it...once was in the mains with a poly cross -- i got a good 12+ hours out of it in an 18x20 string pattern before selling the frame (which is really good for me)...played pretty consistently every time...then i had this latest experiment, with the Gaucho in the crosses...i mean, don't get me wrong -- the string feels a little cheap (definitely compare to VS or Wilson gut) -- almost has this brittle feeling...so you just have to be really careful when stringing it (don't let it kink, don't force anything, etc.) -- but yeah, I haven't had any issues in my limited experience...

I heard Gaucho stopped selling their gut while they're working on their new product...i think it's suppose to be "better" and more improved...i think the rumor is that it will be back in april or may (but don't quote me on that)...i have a bunch still from last year (you can't beat $14 / set on natural gut!!)