PDA

View Full Version : What is a good string to go with VS team, to increase durability + tension stability

ace high
03-19-2010, 12:49 PM
I was thinking of trying natural gut.

Standupnfall
03-19-2010, 01:17 PM
What strings and tension are you using now?
What do you like or dislike about them?

decades
03-19-2010, 01:18 PM
I think a string like pro red code or silverstring might work for you. both seem to hold tenison well. poly force is also a popular hybrid.

ClubHoUno
03-20-2010, 01:40 PM
Try VS Team 17 mains with WeissCannon Silverstring 1.20 crosses.

Very nice feel, good tension maintenance and nice blend of control and power.

I get 10 hours out of this setup, and the poly breaks first before it has died.

I normally play with VS Team 17 mains and Luxilon Alu Power crosses, and I get 8-10 good hours out of this hybrid.

When I use full Luxilon Alu Power and a hybrid with Alu Power mains and nat gut or multi in the crosses, the Luxilon dies after just 4-6 hours.

When I hybrid the Luxilon in the crosses with gut mains, it's as though I don't feel the Lux Alu POwer dies as fast or maybe it dies, I just don't feel it or the nat gut makes the Lux die later........

Try it - some feel it dies fast no matter where it's placed.
I don't :)

jim e
03-20-2010, 03:52 PM
Try VS mains with VS crosses, its a great set up, and the gut will not die out on you!The tension stays very stabil, and is very playable until it breaks.

ClubHoUno
03-20-2010, 04:14 PM
Try VS mains with VS crosses, its a great set up, and the gut will not die out on you!The tension stays very stabil, and is very playable until it breaks.

I use this setup in the winter, when it's cold (even indoor cold) - but once it gets warmer, I feel like I lose a bit of control and strings move too much (even at higher tension), and I start to miss the VS - Alu Power hybrid a LOT

I always at least once a year return to a full VS nat gut setup, just so that I remember how it feels - but must admit my game is better with the VS - Alu Power/Silverstring setup.

I normally break a full VS Team 17 setup in 12-14 hours and a full VS Touch 16 setup in 14-16 hours, so I don't get that much more playing time out of a full nat gut setup compared to a nat gut - poly hybrid.

But every tennis player should at least twice try a full set of VS nat gut just so they know how it feels.