PDA

View Full Version : DiabloMP not too demanding???

ErwinFromParis
04-14-2004, 07:37 AM
I wish i could have some feedbacks from your test of this stick as here in France we haven't the possibility to test it yet.(I don't really know why by the way...)It seems a really good stick regarding the review but I suspect, after reading few posts here, an unsweet feel on B/line strokes and and maybe a not forgiving swspot?? Is that all wrong? please fulfill your tennis level with your post.
Take care ;)

devwizard
04-14-2004, 10:36 AM
Okay, this is not really what I felt at all. The Diablo was incredibly solid from the baseline, with groundstrokes almost taking on a new level of ease. Though you certainly had to make a good stroke at the ball, the low power of the racquet coupled with the thin beam created a huge amount of control and spin along with well-adjusted depth. The sweetspot, though tiny compared with other MP's, is overshadowed by the considerable amount of forgiveness within the frame. Unless hit directly off the frame, virtually every spot of the string bed would place a ball back into play. On volleys, it was highly maneuverable and easy to control, with overheads and serves also having a considerable amount of pace and angle control. I'm about a 4.5 or 5.0 level junior player and would definitely recommend this racquet as a great players frame.

tetsuo10
04-14-2004, 10:44 AM
I actually felt the Mid was better on groundies and the MP did better with serves and volleys. But I went with the MP because it had more flex. Otherwise, I don't feel it's too demanding at all, and I'm only a 3.5 player.

ian5
04-14-2004, 12:08 PM
I feel it is a great racket with no weakness. Great spin and enough power. Unbelievable control, probally the best volleying racket I have used. At Baseline it is great for spin and control. If you want a racket that supplies power, this is not it, but if you have no problem providing your own power, then give it a try.

spinbalz
04-14-2004, 01:13 PM
I didn't like it - I bought 2 eyes blind, due to the smashing review, and now I regret, so they are for sale/trade currently. ErwinFromParis : je peux te les faire essayer, je suis basé à environ 1 heure de paris durant le mois d'avril, les grips sont de taille 3 (4-3/8), si tu es intéressé envois moi un Email je te répondrais et te donnerais mon téléphone.

mary fierce
04-14-2004, 03:30 PM
Two notable problems with this frame...1) it is quite underpowered, even compared to other players' frames in its class, and 2) the sweetspot is very small, something I didn't readily perceive playing singles but became acutely aware of playing doubles, when I had real problems with quick-exchange volleys, something I usually handle reasonably well.

Hewitt_will_be_#1
04-14-2004, 07:40 PM
Nice from the baseline, great spin and control. And as stated, not super demanding (6.0 85) due to its forgiving frame. Still prefer my I. Prestige XL for serves though.

ErwinFromParis
04-15-2004, 01:21 AM
Ok spinbalz donne moi ton email chui très intéressé pour test puis selon achat. ;)
I appreciate your shares guyz. Many Thks. have definitely to make a try on this frame, 'cause it seems we have 2 type of tastes here...

spinbalz
04-15-2004, 01:51 AM
Mon Email est : spinbalz@yahoo.fr

Benjamin
04-15-2004, 11:05 AM
See my post concerning the Initial Impressions.

Benjamin