PDA

View Full Version : Ok...my recent string testing

Six.One.Tour.90FAN
03-20-2010, 06:12 AM
Well, over the last couple of months i've played with LOADS of strings. Lots of variety and it was interesting to see how i adjusted my game to different setups. Here we go...

Mantis Power Poly + Mantis Power Synthetic

I was extremely impressed at these strings and loved them. The poly provided decent spin and power. The synthetic brought a consistent, solid feel to my strokes. It felt like a crisper, more enjoyable tournament nylon/poly. I strung the Poly in the mains at 59 and the Synthetic in the Crosses at 55. Over all it was pretty close to what i was looking for but it just doesn't do it for me. I would definitely have this setup if i wanted the performance of a poly but with a more arm-friendly approach(cheaper than gut of course). It didn't give as much control as i wanted.:neutral:

Mantis Power Poly + Mantis Cofort Synthetic
Nope, WAY to powerful. I couldn't control my shots but the amount of FEEL was INCREDIBLE. Touch shots were a dream.:oops:

SOLINCO tour bite

B-E-A-UTIFUL. strung at 65, I finally found myself comfortable. There was good feel and crazy bite. Identical to ALU Spin. It did have a bit more pop to it though. SPIN SPIN SPIN. It was insane, I made on opponent crash into the back fence.

Mantis Power Poly
BINGO, I loved it has it was more control orientated than the Solinco string. Heaven is a place on earth. Might go up a couple of pounds for less power though.

Feel free to post positive comments and your own opinions on these strings.

asiank90
03-20-2010, 06:24 AM
Have you tried signum pro poly plasma, alot of people say it is one of the best what do you think? Also wats ur name, im sure i have met u in sum lta tournaments

Six.One.Tour.90FAN
03-20-2010, 06:27 AM
here's my lta no. 103127771

rather not post my details openly.....

Six.One.Tour.90FAN
yours?
10 chars

asiank90
ok, so hav u tried SPPP?

Six.One.Tour.90FAN
03-20-2010, 06:30 AM
no i haven't......
whats your name?

Larrysümmers
03-20-2010, 06:31 AM
does the power poly give the same amount of spin as the solinco?

asiank90
03-20-2010, 06:31 AM
sorry i must hav mistaken u for sum1 else

my lta number is 106225828

Six.One.Tour.90FAN
03-20-2010, 07:44 AM
does the power poly give the same amount of spin as the solinco?

I don't think anything gives as much spin as tour bite but it is still plentyful

Tennis_Crazed
03-20-2010, 01:23 PM
I don't think anything gives as much spin as tour bite but it is still plentyful

Really? How would you compare Solinco Tour Bite with Lux Alu Rough?

Six.One.Tour.90FAN
03-20-2010, 01:29 PM
The solinco string has a pentagonal shape but it's in a massive
gauge so it has SHARP corners. I played with ALU Rough quite
a while ago so my memory is a bit blurred. The texture was 'rough'
but it lost its shape/texture after half an hour of hitting! The solinco's structure wears after a good 5-7 hours of hard hitting but no sign of tension loss/deadness yet! I desperately want to try ALU Rough/Spin
and solinco tb to have a final verdict!

Tennis_Crazed
03-20-2010, 02:29 PM
The solinco string has a pentagonal shape but it's in a massive
gauge so it has SHARP corners. I played with ALU Rough quite
a while ago so my memory is a bit blurred. The texture was 'rough'
but it lost its shape/texture after half an hour of hitting! The solinco's structure wears after a good 5-7 hours of hard hitting but no sign of tension loss/deadness yet! I desperately want to try ALU Rough/Spin
and solinco tb to have a final verdict!

I somehow stumbled upon just a set of it a while back. thought it was great string as well, but couldn't find it anywhere, and if anything is going to get me off my lux, i'd need to be pretty thoroughly convinced!

With the weather warming up i'm going to get out there and playtest stings I've been hearing about... I'll give the Tour Bite another shot (if I can find it) and compare it to my lux.