PDA

View Full Version : Is Prince Synthetic Gut Original arm not arm friendly?

c_hari_c
03-20-2010, 05:59 PM
This string is not listed in the list of strings considered arm-friendly in TW. Anyone using the string? Please let me know if you have developed tennis elbow or arm stiffness after using this string.

mikeler
03-20-2010, 06:10 PM
This string is not listed in the list of strings considered arm-friendly in TW. Anyone using the string? Please let me know if you have developed tennis elbow or arm stiffness after using this string.

In terms of arm friendly, this is the generally agreed upon order:

1. Natural gut
2. Multifilaments
3. Synthetic gut
4. Polyester
5. Kevlar.

Keifers
03-20-2010, 09:45 PM
At 217 and 214, respectively, PSGO 16 and 17 have stiffness ratings at the high end for syn guts. That said, I would still consider them arm-friendly, just not as arm-friendly as syn guts with lower numbers. The tension you string them at will be a factor, of course.

Valjean
03-21-2010, 03:44 AM
Have you developed some early signs of TE while using POSG? The usual advice with its first signs is to restring at once and drop tension five lbs. Players often don't know that and often take more radical steps first, such as racquet and string changes. But these can throw your timing off, require tension and technique adjustments that involve some experimentation, and undercut the pleasure you get from the game, at least for a while.

ProgressoR
03-21-2010, 03:49 AM
i had early signs of TE then got a flexy racket pre string with prince syn, its ok, TE has gone, there may well be softer strings out there, but with an arm friendly racket then this string surely is ok, if your arm is still sore with this perhaps you need some nat gut or a more arm friendly racket

c_hari_c
03-21-2010, 03:14 PM
Have you developed some early signs of TE while using POSG? The usual advice with its first signs is to restring at once and drop tension five lbs. Players often don't know that and often take more radical steps first, such as racquet and string changes. But these can throw your timing off, require tension and technique adjustments that involve some experimentation, and undercut the pleasure you get from the game, at least for a while.

I haven't used POSG at all. I am currently experimenting with middle of the pack(price wise) multis like NRG2, Prince Premier SoftFlex LT, etc. I was wondering if I can find something under $10 that is arm friendly multi and has good feel.

Valjean
03-21-2010, 03:28 PM
Regular Prince Premier with Softflex is then your only real qualifier in the under $10 range--although the somewhat firmer Tecnifibre Multifeel is certainly a nice hit. TW still sells Babolat's fine old Fibertour too. Prince's Synthetic Gut Multifilament loses tension too fast to be playable for very long.

slow_duster
03-21-2010, 03:45 PM
I haven't used POSG at all. I am currently experimenting with middle of the pack(price wise) multis like NRG2, Prince Premier SoftFlex LT, etc. I was wondering if I can find something under $10 that is arm friendly multi and has good feel.

Have you tried Head's RIP control. Multi nice muted feel, would go great with your frame $8.00 a set at TW.

goosala
03-21-2010, 06:42 PM
I don't go by flex numbers but by feel. I like the feel of PSGO and would say it is soft. If you don't like it then try these which I consider arm friendly:

Pro Supex Titan Syn Gut
Forten Sweet.

drummerdan
03-21-2010, 07:46 PM
I used PSG original for years and it's more arm friendly than the PSG w/duraflex. PSGD is much crisper than PSGO. Both are nice strings, just different.