PDA

View Full Version : Zo Magic/Cyber Blue hybrid

MuscleWeave
03-20-2010, 09:10 PM
I have a whole reel of Zo Magic (-1/2 set) and 1/2 set of Cyber Blue, neither of which I like, and I thought I'd take these lemons, and try to make lemonade. My problem with the Zo is that it provides no power but decent bite, and while the CB is soft and has plenty of power, it has no bite. I would string the Zo on the mains, with both at 52 lbs.

On an AG200 (normal setup Multifeel @ 59 lbs.) My game is all-court, flat hitting w/ spins when I need them; full, medium to fast swing. 3.5

Does this sound like it would work?

MuscleWeave
03-22-2010, 07:32 PM
I also have half a set of Klip Legend that I need to use. I'm thinking I'll try Gut 59 / Zo Magic 52, on my LM Radical 107. The Zo Magic is quite a dead string. And I'm done trying out the full set of Polylon Comfort 16 on that racquet.

Should I even bother trying these setups? It will cost me $14 per job for the labor. My #1 racquet (AG200) is decently playable right now with a Cyber Blue / Multifeel setup, but I'm going to switch it over to Pro Red Code / Multifeel in another couple of weeks.

Hunting for strings is very expensive without your own stringing machine.

COPEY
03-22-2010, 08:29 PM
Hunting for strings is very expensive without your own stringing machine.

Just curious - what's stopping you from getting one?

MuscleWeave
03-23-2010, 06:16 AM
Just curious - what's stopping you from getting one?

I know that I would love it and be good at it, but I need to go to a weekend 12-hour tennis clinic at Harvard in June more. They both cost about the same, $380. I wouldn't want to pay less for the machine. And my present stringer is top-notch. I think that within the next two months, I'll have all three of my racquets figured out. I'm very scientific about it.

What I think might work for my racquets:

1) AG200 with Pro Red Code 17 (55 lb) / Multifeel 16 (58 lb)
2) MW 200G 95 with WC Scorpion (55 lb) / Multifeel 16 (58 lb)
3) The jury is still out, but a full bed of SPPHex 1.25 might work at 58 lb.

Since the outdoor season will cost much less than the indoor did, maybe I'll be able to afford a stringer in July or August. It would be great to have a little extra income.