PDA

View Full Version : recommended tension by manufacture

monkeyisland90
03-21-2010, 08:16 PM
How important is it to get your tension to fall in the manufacture range (for example 55-65 for babolate aero drive pro w/cortex)?

Or is it specifically just preference?

Even though theres always people with there own tension that works for them... i would think that manufacture would have done lot of tests and research to recommended the range of tension...

Also, does tension recomendation usually fall into any kind of grip someone uses? (like eastern grip thru full western grip)... western grip has so much topspin and less power then eastern that im not sure if the manufacture range still falls into the preferred grip... (full western grip players are the rare breed ..which i use)

Steve Huff
03-21-2010, 09:11 PM
Tension recommendations have nothing to do with grip. The recommendations are for using synthetic or natural gut strings. I'd imagine with the onslaught of poly, frames might have to begin putting 2 recommended tensions on their frames. For now, it's left to the string manufacturer to tell you to lower then tension by 10%. The only racket that I've ever played with that was truly "tension-sensitive" was a Fischer VT 98/Pro 1.

brownbearfalling
03-22-2010, 12:08 AM
50-65lbs for a frame 100 sq in and 95 sq in is just....practical. That is the normal playable range.

Also this is the range where the warranty from the manufacturer will be in effect anything, especially higher, the manufacturer will blame it on the tension that you broke your frame. Lower tension doesn't particularly affect this.