PDA

View Full Version : Important Stringing question

David123
03-21-2010, 07:35 PM
Hey guys i've been watching yulitle's videos of how to string a lot lately. However i've come to see the video demonstrating the around the world stringing pattern, and have come to question is it neccessary to do it that way? pros/cons?

*I use the ksix one 95 ( 16x 18 ) that has 6 grommets at the throat therefore i start from the bottom and end at the bottom.

I just finish all my mains and yes my mains end at the bottom and i start from bottom. so since I do one piece stringing, i put the short through the second last cross, and then through the last cross and just tie it off, and cut the rest of the string off. Then i take the long side and put it into the third last and go all the way though the racket til last cross, and just tie it off. I don't use any starting knots :S how come that is? am i doing something wrong? is the around the world method reccomanded?

And also whats the difference between all the around the world method (diredesire,UKRSA, Universal) and are they reccomended? any alternative since i don't own a starting clamp :S i also don't really understand the around the world method :S.

And also whats the cons of doing it my original way?

David123
03-21-2010, 07:35 PM
In addition i don't have a starting clamp? is it reccomended? any alternative or is the way i am doing it fine? and if it's not why not?

Steve Huff
03-21-2010, 08:05 PM
David,
I use a different ATW pattern. My has hard weaves and soft weaves. I prefer it to the others I've tried. If you're interested, you can write.
stmt@comcast.net

David123
03-21-2010, 08:17 PM
yes i am interested could by any chance explain it to me?

dancraig
03-21-2010, 09:39 PM
Here is a simple and easy to remember ATW pattern. I suppose all patterns have pros and cons, but this one surely accomplishes the "top down" goal.
When you finish the mains and see that the crosses will be done from the bottom up, don't string the last long side main. This will leave you at the top of the frame. If the racquet has an odd number of crosses, start weaving at the second cross. You will string that first cross a little later. If the racquet has an even number of crosses, start weaving at the first cross. When you get to the end of the crosses, weave that main you skipped back up to the top of the racquet. If you are finished, tie off. If you skipped the first cross earlier, weave that and tie off.

David123
03-22-2010, 01:44 PM
but what is the point of doing around the world stringing pattern? Why can't i just do it normally is what i am asking :S?

Irvin
03-22-2010, 02:46 PM
Hey guys i've been watching yulitle's videos of how to string a lot lately. However i've come to see the video demonstrating the around the world stringing pattern, and have come to question is it neccessary to do it that way? pros/cons?...

You make it sound like there is only one ATW pattern. There are many. Why not string it as Wilson recommends bottom to top?

KSix-One 95 16x18
String Tension : 50-60 lbs.
String Length : 36' (ss:10') or (18'M's and 18' X's)
String Pattern : 16 x 18
Start Main : at Throat. Mains skip 7T, 9T, 7H and 9H. Tie off M's at 8T.
One Piece : Start X's at Bottom at 7T. Top X: 7H. Tie off X's at 5H.

Irvin

TenniseaWilliams
03-22-2010, 03:03 PM
but what is the point of doing around the world stringing pattern? Why can't i just do it normally is what i am asking :S?

Some people believe that every racquet should have the crosses strung head to throat, although in this case the manufacturer allows 1 piece, bottom to top.

There is nothing wrong with the way you are stringing that particular racquet, although if you strung certain others the same way it might be a problem.