PDA

View Full Version : Verdasco to Dunlop

drakulie
03-22-2010, 11:32 AM
I just heard Verdasco might be switching to Dunlop. I believe he was seen practicing with a blacked out frame recently. Let's see what happens. Anyone else heard anything??

rovex
03-22-2010, 11:33 AM
There was a thread on this. Read that he's trying different brands now since he hasn't managed to find a decent frame.

JoelDali
03-22-2010, 11:43 AM
Go Fiasco.

:)

Rabbit
03-22-2010, 11:44 AM
I just heard Verdasco might be switching to Dunlop. I believe he was seen practicing with a blacked out frame recently. Let's see what happens. Anyone else heard anything??

Verdasco needs to remember who brung him to the dance. :)

Last I heard, Killer Cahill had advised him not to change frames, the added dough was neither needed or worth it.

However, if the reports of TF's demise in the racquet game are true, he may not have a choice.

ahile02
03-22-2010, 02:02 PM
I thought he signed with Yonex a few days ago

OliverSimon
03-22-2010, 02:02 PM
I thought he signed with Yonex a few days ago

He switched back to his Tecnifibres for IW.

ahile02
03-22-2010, 02:07 PM
yea, i saw that, but i had read that they were doing some tune-ups to them to better meet his needs, and plus TW just started listing him under the new RDiS 200. then again, yonex hasn't said much, so i guess anything's possible

AJK1
03-22-2010, 04:55 PM
Who cares, he'll underachieve with anything he uses!

roundiesee
03-22-2010, 05:47 PM
Does anybody know what happened to Verdasco recently? He was badly beaten by Berdych at IW, bagelled in the first set I think. Wonder whether it had anything to do with his racket?

OliverSimon
03-22-2010, 09:09 PM
^^ His game may have been off, the wind, mentally he may have not been 100%. It can be any of those and does not have to be the racquet.

Nextman916
03-22-2010, 09:22 PM
Sadly I feel like TF is going to capsize, they don't have the money to shell to high ranked players anymore. And hopefully Verdasco joins Dunlop, it would be nice for them to get a decent lineup again.

featherlight
03-23-2010, 02:22 AM
i hope verdasco stays with TF coz they have no high ranked male player in the tour

drakulie
03-23-2010, 05:29 AM
I hear he will be receiving a European edition Muscle Weave 98 size. It will be painted as the Dunlop 300.

drakulie
03-23-2010, 05:30 AM
However, if the reports of TF's demise in the racquet game are true, he may not have a choice.

It's too bad, because for those who have played with these frames, they know how well made they are.

GasquetGOAT
03-23-2010, 06:04 AM
I believe he was seen practicing with a blacked out frame recently, which looked like a BLX61 Tour.

rovex
03-23-2010, 10:25 AM
He's still on TF's website.

http://www.tecnifibre.com/en_GB/products/rackets/performance/t-fight-series/t-fight-320-vo2-max

Skabeast121
03-23-2010, 03:38 PM
Its beyond me why a pro would jeopardize their career like that, he used that frame for how long 2 weeks?

raging
03-24-2010, 12:56 AM
It's too bad, because for those who have played with these frames, they know how well made they are.

Especially if you have cut one in half! The graphite is top quality..as is the engineering/finish. sometimes the paintjobs were a bit... different..but that is personal taste!

He would be a good pick-up for Dunlop as they need to re-stock their pro stable! He is ...a player! and if Killer goes full-time with him (unlikely though as I heard he was happy in Vegas, doing a bit with Adidas programme, having variety in working with different players )...but stranger things have happened.

One to watch.

Miami Tiburon
03-24-2010, 04:15 AM
[QUOTE=drakulie;4493936]I just heard Verdasco might be switching to Dunlop. I believe he was seen practicing with a blacked out frame recently. Let's see what happens. Anyone else heard anything??[/Q
At the Sony in Miami he has been practicing with Tecnifibre.It would be
good for Dunlop to have him and Davydenko.They mentioned during a
I.W telecast that Verdasco had officially signed with Yonex and was still testing frames.

drakulie
03-24-2010, 05:18 AM
Miami, thanks for the update.

vasquez90
03-24-2010, 05:48 AM
the same way Davydenko is with dunlop? - next they will claim federer signs with dunlop.

schap02
03-24-2010, 05:52 AM
Could be sick nasty with a few changes, he's got the talent...makes me feel better about being protective and anal about my frames...

Seems to be with all the technology - most guys are trying to find the best fit now more than ever...

zidane339
03-24-2010, 06:31 AM
Don't think Nando is happy with his TF racquet...if anybody watched the end of the Berdych match at IW, he was looking disgustingly at his racquet and kicking it angrily..he couldn't keep a ball in the court...would be cool to see him go to Dunlop but I liked Nando ever since he used the preVo2 320 so it's sad to see him go. Maybe he'll wield the 200 tour. He's beastly enough to handle that bat of a racquet!

drakulie
03-24-2010, 06:54 AM
federer signs with dunlop.

Federer signed with Dunlop? :)

Buckethead
03-24-2010, 08:04 AM
Go Fiasco.

:)
LOL,Go Verdasco Fiasco,to Dunlop it will be a Fiasco,their stock frames su..ck,

Pro Staff Pete
03-24-2010, 08:27 AM
Didn't Verdasco switch to Yonex? Someone posted a thread+picture lately..

rovex
03-24-2010, 08:39 AM
LOL,Go Verdasco Fiasco,to Dunlop it will be a Fiasco,their stock frames su..ck,

Have you ever hit with a Dunlop? They make very good frames.

biggsy
03-24-2010, 08:55 AM
Buckethead...there is no way he will use a stock racket anyway. He'll only go for the money. most pro rackets end up fairly similar after the considerable customisation anyway...

drakulie
03-24-2010, 09:17 AM

agree. They make some awesome frames.

rovex
03-24-2010, 10:22 AM
SE Open practice

http://i44.tinypic.com/2ppm0b8.jpg

Rabbit
03-24-2010, 10:39 AM
SE Open practice

http://i44.tinypic.com/2ppm0b8.jpg

Wow, that Yonex looks just like a Dunlop.... ;)

samster
03-24-2010, 10:40 AM
Looks like a Technifibre.

Power Player
03-24-2010, 10:42 AM

He always trolls Dunlop threads. Must have gotten crushed by Dunlop players on the courts and is bitter. Their sticks are amazing. Anyone knows that even if they prefer another brand.

I love that Verdasco uses that Tecnifibre Paintjob..lol. It's so insane looking, but the racquet is very very nice.

ericsson
03-24-2010, 11:37 AM
Don't think Nando is happy with his TF racquet...if anybody watched the end of the Berdych match at IW, he was looking disgustingly at his racquet and kicking it angrily..he couldn't keep a ball in the court...would be cool to see him go to Dunlop but I liked Nando ever since he used the preVo2 320 so it's sad to see him go. Maybe he'll wield the 200 tour. He's beastly enough to handle that bat of a racquet!

He played that racket for about 10 years! trust me it's not the racket, it's his head, he played the best tennis with that stick, if he change it's for the bucks not for a better racket.

rovex
03-24-2010, 11:41 AM
He played that racket for about 10 years! trust me it's not the racket, it's his head, he played the best tennis with that stick, if he change it's for the bucks not for a better racket.

It's funny you say that, because he won his first title in I don't know how long playing with that Yonex frame. I do think his state of tennis has a lot to do with his head but a switch may be a good thing. I would like him to stay with TF, since a switch could lead to the demise of the brand in the racquet industry.

ericsson
03-24-2010, 11:47 AM
It's funny you say that, because he won his ft irstitle in I don't know how long playing with that Yonex frame. I do think his state of tennis has a lot to do with his head but a switch may be a good thing. I would like him to stay with TF, since a switch could lead to the demise of the brand in the racquet industry.

Yes but the next tournament he was out the first round...

rovex
03-24-2010, 11:49 AM
Yes but the next tournament he was out the first round...

And you blame that on the racquet?

ericsson
03-24-2010, 11:52 AM
And you blame that on the racquet?

Not at all, my point was he won a tournament with the Yonex but the next tournament he was out the first round, says more about Verdasco then the racket IMO

tsongaali
03-24-2010, 12:12 PM
Not at all, my point was he won a tournament with the Yonex but the next tournament he was out the first round, says more about Verdasco then the racket IMO

That was because he played immediately the next day so he was very tired. He had to play a whole tournament then went immediately on to another one without any rest.

stingstang
He always trolls Dunlop threads. Must have gotten crushed by Dunlop players on the courts and is bitter.

I heard he was bullied as a child by a kid who played with a 200G. Just being in the same room as a guy called max gives him nervous breakdowns to this day :(

< I play with a k95 but would happily switch to a dunlop, 200's and 500tour are sick frames

hoodjem
Fiasco Verdasco: one semi wonder.

Buckethead
03-24-2010, 02:49 PM
Yes,you can name AG200,Ag 100,AG 500T(one of the worst racquets in the market,hehe).
AG 100,god,that's the worst mid size racquet.
AG200 i didn't like the feel and the spin access,sweet spot was small,and the Dunlop grip is horrible,i hate that shape.
And no,they don't make good frames,not to average people,but to their players,they maybe do.Any racquet they have,there are at least 5 better from any other brands.
Guys,it is just my opinion,you don't have to take it serious or be offended,just let it as it is.

Buckethead
03-24-2010, 02:54 PM
Didn't Verdasco switch to Yonex? Someone posted a thread+picture lately..

Verdasco wants money,if Wilson pay him what he wants and if Wilson wants him,they will fall in love.Verdasco adapted well to the Yonex ,if i'm not wrong he won his only Tournament as a ATP Tour Pro with that one,so it must've brought him some luck,but he was not superstitious enough and got crushed in IW.

Buckethead
03-24-2010, 02:55 PM
Fiasco Verdasco: one semi wonder.
He was only in that semi because Murray had a cold.That's it,other wise he wouldn't have had the opportunity to play Rafa.

amorco
03-26-2010, 06:38 AM
Fernando with his old TF. :)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/7863933@N04/4458482933/http://www.flickr.com/photos/7863933@N04/4458482933/

Hidious
03-26-2010, 07:42 AM
What mold are these Verdasco Tecnifibres? Are they the same as the old 325? More like the old 320 and 335 (which are the same as M-fil 200 16x19 and AG 4D 300T)? Neither of those?

nabbydian
03-26-2010, 08:04 AM
doesnt Verdasco have to sign some sort of pre-contract to use a brand's frame?

all this ding-donging between these 3 brands is starting to look ridiculous

ericsson
03-27-2010, 12:37 AM
What mold are these Verdasco Tecnifibres? Are they the same as the old 325? More like the old 320 and 335 (which are the same as M-fil 200 16x19 and AG 4D 300T)? Neither of those?

It's a Major Bullit mold.

drakulie
03-27-2010, 10:55 AM
Just got word that verdasco signed with Dunlop this week and it can't be announced until next week.

rovex
03-27-2010, 10:56 AM
Just got word that verdasco signed with Dunlop this week and it can't be announced until next week.

Now, let's see if he really does sign with them after this Yonex mess.

drakulie
03-27-2010, 11:00 AM

Babolast
03-27-2010, 11:19 AM

This cant be true... can it?!

hugonovoa
03-27-2010, 12:45 PM
When Verdasco was using Yonex in Acapulco (i think it was the only tournament that he was using it, cause he went back to his old frame in Indian wells) he was complaining a lot about how quickly the strings were losing tension, i can tell that because a good friend was a stringer in that tournament

rovex
03-27-2010, 12:51 PM
When Verdasco was using Yonex in Acapulco (i think it was the only tournament that he was using it, cause he went back to his old frame in Indian wells) he was complaining a lot about how quickly the strings were losing tension, i can tell that because a good friend was a stringer in that tournament

He actually played with the frame in San Jose and won the tourney. :)

ahile02
03-27-2010, 04:29 PM
He used in in Acapulco too. Hmm, does the racquet effect how long string tensions last? I thought that was mainly a function of the type of string.

DNShade
03-27-2010, 04:36 PM
doesnt Verdasco have to sign some sort of pre-contract to use a brand's frame?

all this ding-donging between these 3 brands is starting to look ridiculous

Any pro - as can anyone - just like you - can use any frame they like (as long as they aren't in a contract with another company to endorse only their products etc). So it's up to the player to choose to black-out a frame if they don't want to give any free publicity (or are still under contract with prior company)...But if they are a free agent - they can just pick up any frame and play with it.

nabbydian
03-28-2010, 04:59 AM
Any pro - as can anyone - just like you - can use any frame they like (as long as they aren't in a contract with another company to endorse only their products etc). So it's up to the player to choose to black-out a frame if they don't want to give any free publicity (or are still under contract with prior company)...But if they are a free agent - they can just pick up any frame and play with it.

i'm just very surprised Yonex choses to annouce Verdasco were using their RDIS200 frames and started doing all the publicity without any contract been signed - the player went on to try other brand frames after all the hype and publicity :shock:

DNShade
03-28-2010, 01:21 PM
i'm just very surprised Yonex choses to annouce Verdasco were using their RDIS200 frames and started doing all the publicity without any contract been signed - the player went on to try other brand frames after all the hype and publicity :shock:

I hear ya. I have no inside scoop on what happened in this particular incident. Perhaps the negotiations fell through after he had started playing with it - or they were just sure that it was all done till something came up in the last second. No idea. It's not unusual to see players trying out sticks now and then - but it was the apparent "announcement" from Yonex that seemed to throw everyone and assume that it was a done deal.

THESEXPISTOL
03-28-2010, 04:26 PM
Seems like Dunlop has the new endorsment for the 200 line.

AJK1
03-28-2010, 08:10 PM
Yes,you can name AG200,Ag 100,AG 500T(one of the worst racquets in the market,hehe).
AG 100,god,that's the worst mid size racquet.
AG200 i didn't like the feel and the spin access,sweet spot was small,and the Dunlop grip is horrible,i hate that shape.
And no,they don't make good frames,not to average people,but to their players,they maybe do.Any racquet they have,there are at least 5 better from any other brands.
Guys,it is just my opinion,you don't have to take it serious or be offended,just let it as it is.
Good players want a small sweetspot, not a big one, you have just shown your playing level and your ignorance. Go away.

nabbydian
03-28-2010, 08:36 PM
I hear ya. I have no inside scoop on what happened in this particular incident. Perhaps the negotiations fell through after he had started playing with it - or they were just sure that it was all done till something came up in the last second. No idea. It's not unusual to see players trying out sticks now and then - but it was the apparent "announcement" from Yonex that seemed to throw everyone and assume that it was a done deal.

yeah, very likely something crops up at the last moment. But there is so much uncertainty now i wont be surprised if Verdasco ends up using the RDIS200 afterall. Its begining to looks like the tug-O-war Davydenko had with Prince and Dunlop.

Tennis_Crazed
03-29-2010, 02:10 AM
Interesting... is blake still with dunlop?

Darth_Timmaayyy!!
03-29-2010, 02:32 AM
agree. They make some awesome frames.

Drak, Chris here. (Japan)

You know me, old school all the way, agreed with you on the Microgel Prestige mid, but have finally settled on the original AG100, and bought a stack of them, as this is my holy grail.. Dont care if the V man goes to Dunlop or not. But many people are so hooked on what is cool, that they dont try great frames when they are out there..

Everyone is jumping on the 4D stuff, but its the original Ag100 for me mate!

aldeayeah
03-29-2010, 02:45 AM
Verdasco wants money,if Wilson pay him what he wants and if Wilson wants him,they will fall in love.Verdasco adapted well to the Yonex ,if i'm not wrong he won his only Tournament as a ATP Tour Pro with that one,so it must've brought him some luck,but he was not superstitious enough and got crushed in IW.
He'd won 3 tournaments before that.

drakulie
03-29-2010, 05:16 AM
Drak, Chris here. (Japan)

You know me, old school all the way, agreed with you on the Microgel Prestige mid, but have finally settled on the original AG100, and bought a stack of them, as this is my holy grail.. Dont care if the V man goes to Dunlop or not. But many people are so hooked on what is cool, that they dont try great frames when they are out there..

Everyone is jumping on the 4D stuff, but its the original Ag100 for me mate!

Yes, ag100 is a great frame. Rocket launcher with great feel and balance. Glad to hear you have settled in with something you are going to enjoy. How are things going with you???

rovex
03-29-2010, 05:25 AM
He'd won 3 tournaments before that.

Yeah his last one was New Haven. Then before that Umag in 08 and Valencia back in 04. But honestly, these titles for a top 10 player is pathetic. As much as i like him, he seriously can't just be winning 250's. Hope he can bag a Masters this year...

Dunlop make great sticks, this might very well push for greater success.

Darth_Timmaayyy!!
03-29-2010, 02:10 PM
Yes, ag100 is a great frame. Rocket launcher with great feel and balance. Glad to hear you have settled in with something you are going to enjoy. How are things going with you???

All is good mate. Cant wait for the summer.. Need to lose a few lbs... Still stuck over here. Was hoping to have been moved back to Australia this year, but work extended my contract by 12 months.. Was hoping to play some over 35's national events, but that will just have to wait now..

The AG100 is special....

Miami Tiburon
03-29-2010, 06:49 PM

Your right,At the Sony it was mentioned that Verdasco will not continue with Yonex.Dunlop has signed him as well as Davydenko.
Verdasco played tonight against Meltzer with his Tecnifibre, but with no stencil.His racquets were all in a black duffel bag with no logo.

Mm10
03-30-2010, 02:29 AM
Interesting. Dunlop's facebook page says they are going to announce some sponsorship news tomorrow. Either Blake or Verdasco - there's always talk about who Verdasco is with on here and it never comes of anything

rovex
03-30-2010, 03:18 AM
Interesting. Dunlop's facebook page says they are going to announce some sponsorship news tomorrow. Either Blake or Verdasco - there's always talk about who Verdasco is with on here and it never comes of anything

Maybe it's both?

Mm10
03-30-2010, 03:28 AM
hmmm. Doubt it they only just got Davydenko. Would be pretty impressive if they did get Blake back and get someone else

drakulie
03-30-2010, 06:27 AM
All is good mate. Cant wait for the summer.. Need to lose a few lbs... Still stuck over here. Was hoping to have been moved back to Australia this year, but work extended my contract by 12 months.. Was hoping to play some over 35's national events, but that will just have to wait now..

The AG100 is special....

Hey man, right now, I say its all good as long as you have work. Be happy about that. You making it to the states any time soon for a visit???

Your right,At the Sony it was mentioned that Verdasco will not continue with Yonex.Dunlop has signed him as well as Davydenko.
Verdasco played tonight against Meltzer with his Tecnifibre, but with no stencil.His racquets were all in a black duffel bag with no logo.

Yeah, lets see what news Dunlop announces tomorrow. I wonder what "paint job" frame he will be using. Hmmmmmmm.

nabbydian
03-30-2010, 06:35 AM
Here is the link to facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Dunlop-Sport/165056843743?ref=ts

IMHO it should be Verdasco as there is no pt creating so much hype over Blake returning as compared to a top-ten player joining their ranks!

Darth_Timmaayyy!!
03-30-2010, 04:03 PM
[QUOTE=drakulie;4517425]Hey man, right now, I say its all good as long as you have work. Be happy about that. You making it to the states any time soon for a visit???[QUOTE]

I wish!.. I am sending the wife and kids off to Australia for a month July, August to visit the parents ect.. I have to stay andwork..

If I could come for a visit, I would in a flash...

Havn't been back to the States in about 5 years..

alch97
03-30-2010, 08:42 PM
Folks I was watching Verdasco's match today against Cilic, and let me tell you, I think that he is playing with a Head Pro Tour 280/630 with a paint job. I was right up on the baseline behind him. I'm just saying....

DNShade
03-30-2010, 08:53 PM
Folks I was watching Verdasco's match today against Cilic, and let me tell you, I think that he is playing with a Head Pro Tour 280/630 with a paint job. I was right up on the baseline behind him. I'm just saying....

And you'd be wrong...a lot of people out here know what he has under the TF PJ - based off the old Major stick he's played with forever - and some out here even own the actual sticks themselves. Might want to ask them.

Unless for some reason he switched to a TF PJ of a Head stick for one match...which I kinda doubt.

alch97
03-30-2010, 09:10 PM
So then what does he have? I was close enough to touch it and it sure looked like a head....

DNShade
03-30-2010, 09:21 PM
So then what does he have? I was close enough to touch it and it sure looked like a head....

Something based on his old Major Bulit Elite built to his specs with TF PJ I believe - until tomorrow apparently....

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=275916

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=302060

alch97
03-30-2010, 09:35 PM
Interesting.....

Ronaldo
Legend

Default Major Bullit Elite
Any information about the Major Bullit Elite racquet is welcome. It's 27.25" long, weighs 12.1 oz. strung, and has a 95-97" head
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by Ronaldo
Old 10-13-2004, 07:35 PM #2
Pro_Tour_630
Hall Of Fame

nice stick since it is a 95/97 ala head pro tour only with open pattern, I found it to be on the stiff side,

Commando Tennis Shorts
03-30-2010, 09:37 PM
Maybe it's a bluff move by Dunlop to muscle Verdasco into honoring an agreement with them instead of heading over to Yonex?

The speculator in me...

Rabbit
03-31-2010, 03:55 AM

Just to be picayune, I saw the bag on TV. It had an Adidas logo that was a shade lighter than the black of the bag. :)

stingstang
03-31-2010, 04:57 AM
turned out to be true then. I like an inside rumour that turns out to be true!

rovex
03-31-2010, 05:01 AM
Even the Dunlop site is "undergoing a transformation"

http://www.dunlopsports.com

Mm10
03-31-2010, 05:23 AM
amazing! very good news for dunlop

drakulie
03-31-2010, 05:25 AM
Well, it seems he has indeed signed with Dunlop. Great to have insider information. :) Thanks, vincescourt.

http://i43.tinypic.com/2wpmpn8.jpg

mikro112
03-31-2010, 05:42 AM
Dunlop confirmed it on its Facebook page. I'm not sure if it was posted here before!

March 31st 2010 – Dunlop are pleased to welcome Fernando Verdasco as the latest tennis star to join as a brand ambassador. The 26 year old Spanish ace has signed an international contract for rackets, strings and accessories, while also agreeing to play a key role endorsing Dunlop’s junior talent identification programme – D-Squad.

Verdasco capped off a successful 2009, in which he compiled his best career season by finishing in the top ten and qualified for his first year-end championship at the Barclays ATP world tour finals in London. The Madrid native also played a central part in helping his country win 2 consecutive Davis Cup titles, winning the deciding match in both years.

Verdasco commented: “Becoming a brand ambassador for Dunlop is a very proud moment for me and I look forward to joining the great players already associated with the brand. I am continuing to work hard and with the help from Dunlop I hope to be able to make this my most successful year to date.”

Barry Leach, MD of Dunlop Sport said: “Fernando is a world class addition to Dunlop and exemplifies the quality we look for at the brand. He plays an exciting style of tennis and, if he can build on last year’s performances, I would expect him to be a main fixture in the ATP top ten this year.”

Verdasco will immediately commence testing of Dunlop’s new 2011 technology.

http://i42.tinypic.com/k3oy87.png

rovex
03-31-2010, 05:45 AM
I'm dying to know this new "2011 technology".

Fee
03-31-2010, 09:11 AM
So... paint job on his TF?

andfor
03-31-2010, 09:21 AM
Verdasco's quest to switch from Tecnifibre may well be his death march. He would be best suited to just play with a TF paint job if he has to ditch them for Dunlop or what ever racquet maker he goes with.

Rabbit
03-31-2010, 09:31 AM
first Yonex, then Dunlop...next thing you know he'll be swinging a Prince with painted O-ports....

Oh the humanity!

drakulie
03-31-2010, 09:38 AM
^^Are those paintjobbed o-port frames made in Mojo land??? :)

Rabbit
03-31-2010, 09:39 AM
Yes, the Mojo province in Southeastern China...man...you're good!

raging
03-31-2010, 09:49 AM
Yes, the Mojo province in Southeastern China...man...you're good!

yes there will be paintjobs! The time for testing is over...he will be TF (with Dunlop PJ naturally) at least until end of clay court swing.
Love to see the contract...good call Drak!:)

THESEXPISTOL
03-31-2010, 10:01 AM
Tour 200 PJ?

alch97
03-31-2010, 11:44 AM
In response to the mold of the Head Pro Tour 280 frame:

01-03-2009, 05:24 AM #4
Kevin T
Professional

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I believe it's from the original Major (parent company of Tecnifibre) Bullit Elite frame.

andfor
03-31-2010, 12:58 PM
He's playing with a TF 320 vo2.

Steve F.
03-31-2010, 01:44 PM
More than the pj theories, this reminds me of Bagdhatis moving to Tecnifibre from Fischer, with TF producing his old frame from the old Fischer mold of his frame.

Safin's Head 600 was still being made when he briefly signed with Dunlop which is what lead to trouble, while Verdasco's frame has been out of production for years.

Out of production molds is a Dunlop specialty it seems. Their mold or other company's. Melzer, Robredo, Johannson, Almagro, Mauresmo, and Berdych, Blake, Haas (until recently), etc..?

As Verdasco's actual frame hasn't been sold to the public since who knows when (and still won't be no doubt), has the mold to what he's actually using recently become/always been available?

Racketdesign
03-31-2010, 03:52 PM
Even the Dunlop site is "undergoing a transformation"

http://www.dunlopsports.com

This always seems strange to me. Its perfectly possible to design, develop and build a new website before pulling the current one offline. Did they suddenly decide thier old site was so lame they couldnt allow it to be showing anymore?

sandflea
03-31-2010, 04:05 PM
Verdasco, Blake... should be using Vantage....

This always seems strange to me. Its perfectly possible to design, develop and build a new website before pulling the current one offline. Did they suddenly decide thier old site was so lame they couldnt allow it to be showing anymore?

OliverSimon
03-31-2010, 07:04 PM
A new Dunlop racquet came out today on TW. Maybe he'll use that?

decades
03-31-2010, 07:08 PM
I think the can he is holding is a PJ. He is actually holding Wilsons....

Miami Tiburon
03-31-2010, 08:03 PM
Well, it seems he has indeed signed with Dunlop. Great to have insider information. :) Thanks, vincescourt.

http://i43.tinypic.com/2wpmpn8.jpg
Great news,Im a Dunlop user and so is my daughter.At the Sony this past weekend the Dunlop rep gave us some Dunlop hats and the news about Verdasco and Davy coming on board.My daughter got a picture taken with Verdasco and he signed her Dunlop hat.Verdasco is one of the good guys on tour very accomadating with the fans.This is a very good move by Dunlop.

OliverSimon
03-31-2010, 08:54 PM
^^ Awesome picture.

drakulie
04-01-2010, 05:10 AM
Great news,Im a Dunlop user and so is my daughter.At the Sony this past weekend the Dunlop rep gave us some Dunlop hats and the news about Verdasco and Davy coming on board.My daughter got a picture taken with Verdasco and he signed her Dunlop hat.Verdasco is one of the good guys on tour very accomadating with the fans.This is a very good move by Dunlop.

where do you all play tennis??? Dade or Broward??

jsomrak
04-01-2010, 05:22 AM
Good for him. I think he will fit in great with dunlop. They'll make him a great frame to play with, one we all will try to get.

Automatix
04-01-2010, 05:50 AM
This always seems strange to me. Its perfectly possible to design, develop and build a new website before pulling the current one offline. I agree! Plus their "under construction" sites were made longer than the Egyptian pyramids. They could just leave the old site until the new one is ready.

rovex
04-01-2010, 05:52 AM
Their new website should be interesting. Might give us a sneak peak for what's to come in 2011.

johnnymacfan
04-01-2010, 07:46 AM
I love all the PJ conspiracy theories. Especially from so many people who have so few facts. Here are a few actual facts for you:

Fact: I am an attorney who deals with intellectual property (copyrights, trademarks, etc) and it is illegal and grounds for a lawsuit to take another company's racquet and put a "PJ" of another company on it without the express written consent of the original manufacturer (which I would assume TF would not give Dunlop).

Fact: The TF mold that Verdasco uses is a copy of the Dunlop 300 T mold that has been around since the 1990s. TF created their version of the mold mold to try and fit Blake with a racquet before he "went to Prince" a few years back. As we have all seen, Blake can only play with a Dunlop.

Fact: Verdasco will be playing Dunlop racquet (not a TF "PJ" or any other racquet with a "PJ"). It will be a Dunlop, and my guess is that it will be sweet.

I am very much looking forward to the 2011 technology that Dunlop says he is testing now. The 4D racquets are solid (much better than AG in my opinion), but I'm ready to see what they have in store. Not sure what to think about the website deal, but their old site was terrible anyway.

andfor
04-01-2010, 09:18 AM
I love all the PJ conspiracy theories. Especially from so many people who have so few facts. Here are a few actual facts for you:

Fact: I am an attorney who deals with intellectual property (copyrights, trademarks, etc) and it is illegal and grounds for a lawsuit to take another company's racquet and put a "PJ" of another company on it without the express written consent of the original manufacturer (which I would assume TF would not give Dunlop).

Fact: The TF mold that Verdasco uses is a copy of the Dunlop 300 T mold that has been around since the 1990s. TF created their version of the mold mold to try and fit Blake with a racquet before he "went to Prince" a few years back. As we have all seen, Blake can only play with a Dunlop.

Fact: Verdasco will be playing Dunlop racquet (not a TF "PJ" or any other racquet with a "PJ"). It will be a Dunlop, and my guess is that it will be sweet.

I am very much looking forward to the 2011 technology that Dunlop says he is testing now. The 4D racquets are solid (much better than AG in my opinion), but I'm ready to see what they have in store. Not sure what to think about the website deal, but their old site was terrible anyway.

You speak with such authority. Please enlighten us on your insider information.

Fact: Do you have access to Verdasco's racquet contracts and know specifically what the conditions are within them? If so please provide evidence to back up your claims as being facts.

Fact: What factual source can you sight to substantiate the following claim? "...that Verdasco uses is a copy of the Dunlop 300 T mold that has been around since the 1990s. TF created their version of the mold mold to try and fit Blake with a racquet...."

As you are an attorney please do not try to bamboozle us with here-say and circumstantial evidence.

rovex
04-01-2010, 09:23 AM
I
Fact: I am an attorney who deals with intellectual property (copyrights, trademarks, etc) and it is illegal and grounds for a lawsuit to take another company's racquet and put a "PJ" of another company on it without the express written consent of the original manufacturer (which I would assume TF would not give Dunlop). .

As far as i'm aware a company is allowed to make a mold similar (not identicle) to the one from another company.

He will either play with a mold of his old TF or a PJ of it.

Tofuspeedstar
04-01-2010, 10:22 AM
Ana lead him away from Yonex LOL.

ngtaj88
04-01-2010, 10:33 AM
As far as i'm aware a company is allowed to make a mold similar (not identicle) to the one from another company.

Im sure if Tecnifibre was willing to sell the mold to Dunlop they can OR Dunlop pay royalties to Tecnifibre for using the mold. Isnt something like that possible? I think that's what I remember from my business law class.

rovex
04-01-2010, 10:58 AM
Still using his TF PJ against Berdych.

Rabbit
04-01-2010, 11:03 AM
Molds can be owned or not. Boris Becker bought the mold to his Puma frame, so he owns it. It was apparent that Volkl did not own the mold to the DNX-9 as Stepanek contacted Marshall Industries and had a number run off for him.

matchpoint71
04-01-2010, 11:06 AM
Im sure if Tecnifibre was willing to sell the mold to Dunlop they can OR Dunlop pay royalties to Tecnifibre for using the mold. Isnt something like that possible? I think that's what I remember from my business law class.

Yeap but you can be sure they won't do it !! Why ? Money ? His old Tecnifibre is unique. If he does not perform he will have to take his Tfight 320back...for peanuts

jackson vile
04-01-2010, 01:10 PM
There was a thread on this. Read that he's trying different brands now since he hasn't managed to find a decent frame.

You will have to forgive Drak for acting like a noob...

decades
04-01-2010, 01:32 PM

I don't know....are molds of frames patentable? seems silly...

rovex
04-01-2010, 01:37 PM
You will have to forgive Drak for acting like a noob...

Oh really? Why would that be? Moron.

FloridaAG
04-01-2010, 02:44 PM
I received an e-mail from Dunlop yesterday announcing this:

It's Only Spring, but Dunlop is Bringing
the Heat with Two Incredible Tour Signings
and Two New Aerogel 4D Racquets!

In less than a month, Dunlop has re-energized its Tour Team by signing two premier ATP World Tour stars: Russian Nikolay Davydenko and Spaniard Fernando Verdasco. The two players, both in their absolute prime, reaffirm Dunlop's position at the pinnacle of the sport.

Complementing the new Tour signings are two new Aerogel 4D Lite racquets, featuring the look and feel of player frames, but at lighter weights: the 3Hundred Lite and 5Hundred Lite are hitting stores now. Read below how to demo one now!

Fernando Verdasco Trusts Dunlop

This Spanish firebrand's star is rising rapidly (on the court and off), and at this point in his career he's chosen to sign with Dunlop, endorsing the Flying D's racquets, balls and accessories.
Currently ranked number 12, Verdasco has made a name for himself with his ridiculous groundstrokes, athleticism and tenacity.
Now he'll be executing his magic with a Dunlop racquet; he's currently testing Dunlop's 2011 racquet technology. Read more on the signing on the Dunlop Facebook page

JStar7
04-01-2010, 04:43 PM

One of two things will happen.

1: Dunlop with purchase the Bullit mold from TF, recreate it with their own technology or whatever Ver tells them to use (Graphite, Kevlar, a combo of both, Aerogel....whatever...you get my point), and Verdasco will use that. (Similar to what TF did with Baghdatis' Fischer Pro One)

2: Verdasco will go through a bunch of Dunlop frames and figure out which one suits him best, and use that.

I guess Verdasco figures why not make a little more money being a lead endorser for another company. Even though he's a top tennis player, the fact remains that any pro can use any racquet because they're that good. If Fed used Nadal's racquet and played you in a set with it, he'd probably still wipe the floor with you even though he doesn't have his Wilson. Why you may ask? Because he's that good. These players have a choice of frames and they pick what suits their game best, but they could virtually use anything. Thats why Verdasco was able to pick up a Yonex and smoke everyone at the SAP Open.

alch97
04-01-2010, 05:02 PM
Still looks like a Head Pro Tour 280 to me. I saw it up
close yesterday and again today.

It might be a mold, but it's built after a head..

philosoraptor
04-01-2010, 05:53 PM

Second this thought, didnt dunlop make the 300 series just like the prestige series for safin? its drill pattern is the same and it can be capped...how come head didnt sue for that?

vsbabolat
04-01-2010, 06:09 PM
Second this thought, didnt dunlop make the 300 series just like the prestige series for safin? its drill pattern is the same and it can be capped...how come head didnt sue for that?

You can't put C.A.P. System grommets on a AG 4D 300 Tour. It won't fit. Actually HEAD did sue Dunlop for Safin using a racquets what appeared to be a Prestige Classic 600 with Dunlop MuscleWeave 200G cosmetics and the C.A.P. System from the HEAD Prestige Classic 600 in 2002.

After ATP Tour player Marat Safin's sponsorship switched from Head to Dunlop in early '01, Head execs noticed Safin using "what it believed to be" its i.Prestige racquet with a Dunlop stencil on the strings last fall, according to TENNIS. Head filed a complaint with the district court in Munich, claiming the Dunlop logo "misled consumers into thinking Safin's racquet was a Dunlop." While an injunction was granted before the ATP's Masters Series in Stuttgart last October prohibiting the use of the logo in Germany, Head "hasn't taken any legal action in other countries." But Head "may do so if Dunlop and Safin continue to use the logo." Head VP/Marketing Kevin Kempin said that Dunlop "doesn't confirm or deny the racquet's make but contends that the logo is legal because Safin uses Dunlop strings"
http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/article/62508

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w50/vsbabolat/1077491.jpg
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w50/vsbabolat/1078514.jpg
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w50/vsbabolat/1081633.jpg
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w50/vsbabolat/1081632.jpg

vsbabolat
04-01-2010, 06:20 PM
Racket brands duel over Davydenko

By DANIEL KAPLAN
Staff writer

Published March 22, 2010 : Page 09
Nikolay Davydenko, a perennial top 10 tennis player from Russia, has never enjoyed many endorsements. Now, he apparently has one too many.

Prince and Dunlop rackets each contend that Davydenko, the world’s No. 6-ranked player, signed an endorsement to promote its lines of rackets, tennis bags and, in Dunlop’s case, apparel and sneakers. The companies even sent out press releases within two days of each other earlier this month touting their ties to the player. Dunlop plans to make Davydenko its face of tennis.

The development serves as just the latest twisted tale involving racket sponsorships in the sport. Spain’s Fernando Verdasco, the world’s No. 12-ranked player, recently was poised to switch to Yonex and played a tournament with a Yonex racket, but he now is back with a racket from Tecnifibre that he used previously. Prince and Dunlop themselves sparred over the rights to James Blake several years ago, and Head in 2002 sued Dunlop over rights to Marat Safin.

“Changing rackets, especially if the agenda is economics, is a slippery slope,” said Ken Meyerson, the agent for Andy Roddick, who has always played with Babolat.
In Davydenko’s case, his agent, Ronnie Leitgeb, said the player’s deal is with Dunlop. Asked why Prince touted a partnership with Davydenko, Leitgeb responded, “No idea. This was not agreed with Nikolay or his management. He is in the process of testing and developing Dunlop rackets.”

Indeed, in a match earlier this month, Davydenko wore Dunlop apparel, carried a Dunlop racket bag and played with a Prince racket with its identification seemingly blackened out.

Dunlop expects Davydenko to begin using its rackets in the summer.

Prince, which in its release noted a Davydenko association dating to 2006, is not amused.

“We/Prince have a fully signed and executed contract with Nikolay through 2010, as an exclusive endorsee of Prince tennis racquets and Prince racquet bags,” wrote George Napier, Prince’s chairman and CEO, in an e-mail. “Anything Nikolay is doing to the contrary of the terms of this agreement is a breach of that contract … regardless of what he or his agent say … and we will deal with that accordingly.”

Dunlop is trying to take a neutral position on the matter, calling the dustup one between Davydenko and Prince.

“We were surprised as anyone by the Prince release and we can only go on what the Davydenko camp tells us,” said Steve Hall, Dunlop’s director of marketing. Dunlop, he said, has had no communications with Prince about the matter.

This is not the first racket imbroglio involving Prince and Dunlop. In late 2005, Prince signed a then-up-and-coming Blake to a high-profile endorsement deal, but Blake never switched rackets and played his old Dunlop with Prince logos, leading insiders to scornfully call his racket the Prinlop. Ultimately, Prince ended the relationship with Blake, who re-endorsed Dunlop.

Hall said he believed the current standoff between Prince and Dunlop is unrelated to the incident with Blake, whose contract Dunlop did not renew when it expired last year.

Meanwhile, tennis agents have also been buzzing about Verdasco. One agent said he went up to Yonex officials to congratulate them on signing Verdasco, only to find out the deal had never occurred. Verdasco’s agency, CAA Sports, declined to comment.

Prince’s Napier said he thought there might be two deals Davydenko signed.

“My ‘sense’ is that no one is lying and there are likely two contracts,” he wrote. “He signed ours and subsequently his manager signed one on his behalf with Dunlop. Who signed first is not known and who prevails legally is beyond my skill set.”

One thing is sure: Davydenko won’t be playing with either racket for a while. He pulled out of a tournament earlier this month with a broken wrist and is sidelined until at least the late spring.

drakulie
04-01-2010, 06:34 PM
vsbabolat re-affirms he is THE MAN!!!!

I love how you come out of the woodworks with all this cool info!!

Thanks!

Miami Tiburon
04-01-2010, 07:34 PM
where do you all play tennis??? Dade or Broward??

We play in Dade

vsbabolat
04-02-2010, 06:28 AM
vsbabolat re-affirms he is THE MAN!!!!

I love how you come out of the woodworks with all this cool info!!

Thanks!

Thanks man!!!

I think it is pretty funny how nobody wanted to sponsor Davydenko for the longest time and now you have two different racquet companies claiming they are sponsoring him.:)

drakulie
04-02-2010, 06:37 AM
^^Yup, that is pretty hysterical. He gets some wins over Nadal and Fed, and all of a sudden Frame Wars are on.

philosoraptor
04-03-2010, 06:37 AM
my bad vsbabolat

cesarmo03
04-03-2010, 10:02 PM
safin used to have powerpads on his "dunlop"

vsbabolat
04-04-2010, 12:39 AM
safin used to have powerpads on his "dunlop"

He also had Powerpads on his "HEAD" racquet.
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w50/vsbabolat/Safin_2004_MonteCarlo.jpg

raging
04-04-2010, 06:17 AM
Thanks man!!!

I think it is pretty funny how nobody wanted to sponsor Davydenko for the longest time and now you have two different racquet companies claiming they are sponsoring him.:)

Yes, the man who came in from the cold...finally gets a bit of love and gets 2 big racket companies fighting over him..then busts his wrist!
Bad Karma for Nikolay but they will sort it out in the courts...lawyers fees.
I love George Napier's last comment: "Who signed first is not known and who prevails legally is beyond my skill set".
thanks vs.

Jeewalk
04-12-2010, 10:13 PM
so apparently there is news that fernando will use the 4d 300t, can anyone confirm this, besides going to the web page on tennis warehouse

markmdfw
04-13-2010, 04:05 AM
I am watching Verdasco, what is the weird painted racket he is using? black and hot pink?

rovex
04-13-2010, 04:12 AM
Still using his TF PJ?

THESEXPISTOL
04-13-2010, 04:16 AM
Those are his old tecnifibres blacked out (except the throat).

markmdfw
04-13-2010, 04:18 AM
Wow you guys are fast! If i had a big screen i might be able to see that, thanks!

jwbarrientos
04-13-2010, 04:36 AM
I am watching Verdasco, looks he's still using TFs.

Bjorn
04-13-2010, 05:15 AM
I've read on this board a few times that the Tecnifibre Tfight 320 is the same mold as Dunlop 4d 300 Tour.

Is this true or not?

RacquetCraft
04-17-2010, 04:21 AM
I've read on this board a few times that the Tecnifibre Tfight 320 is the same mold as Dunlop 4d 300 Tour.

Is this true or not?

deleted sorry

BOZO
04-17-2010, 06:44 AM
So, Verdasco went back to TF?

rovex
04-17-2010, 02:54 PM
Well, Fernando making a good final at a big tourney this week is all good news for Dunlop. still, the fact he hasn't got dunlop PJ and he's in final where he'll get a lot of exposure is dissapointing on Dunlop's behalf.

ae1222
04-18-2010, 02:35 PM
dunlop is probably pretty happy he wasn't using one of their frames while he was getting destroyed in that final...

Kick Serve 14
04-18-2010, 02:38 PM
So, Verdasco went back to TF?

He's still using his TF PJ, but without a stencil, and a Dunlop bag...

NikeUp
04-18-2010, 02:40 PM
anyone notice in the final he pulled out a fresh racket out of a Priority One bag and not a technibre bag? Earlier on in the week it seemed he was using the tournament stringers....

Chopin
04-19-2010, 02:51 PM
Friends,

I thought Verdasco had switched to Yonex! Clearly I'm behind the times. Does anyone know what happened there?

Yours,
Chopin

Rabbit
04-19-2010, 02:59 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
The Yonex experiment didn't pan out. He used a Yonex for two tournaments, Memphis and Acapulco and then back to TF for Indian Wells. In the interim he's apparently signed a contract with Dunlop, or at least agreed to try and find a frame.

IMO, if you make the finals of your first Masters' series event no matter how bad you lose, you stick with the frame that you won with.

Chopin
04-19-2010, 04:50 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
The Yonex experiment didn't pan out. He used a Yonex for two tournaments, Memphis and Acapulco and then back to TF for Indian Wells. In the interim he's apparently signed a contract with Dunlop, or at least agreed to try and find a frame.

IMO, if you make the finals of your first Masters' series event no matter how bad you lose, you stick with the frame that you won with.

Thanks, Rabbit.

Tennis100
07-11-2010, 10:03 AM
i believe hes still playing with a tecnifibre painted as a dunlop or a new dunlop

specmaster17
07-11-2010, 03:31 PM
ya i agree bc i saw him playing davis cup and the racket looked like a pj that i never say before.

okdude1992
07-15-2010, 10:01 AM
verdasco and robredo are both using new dunlop pjs this week in bastad

rovex
07-15-2010, 10:20 AM
Yep. here it is

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/6033/adsfdsa.jpg (http://img228.imageshack.us/i/adsfdsa.jpg/)

For sure it's simply a PJ of his TF.

Gasolina
07-15-2010, 01:10 PM
Wasn't there a rule which disallows racquet companies to falsely use competitor technologies for advertisements? Case in point, Dunlop painting a Major racquet to look like theirs?

I mean that's false advertising through and through. You're like, "Wow, Verdasco hit a lot of winners today, must be that racquet, Imma get one!". When in reality he's using Majors.

I thought that's why he PJ'd his Major black. Also for the same reason why Berdych has a Radical inside a Dunlop bag.

NikeUp
07-16-2010, 01:42 PM
You have a lot to learn buddy....

As to what racket Verdasco has pj'd, im not sure. I think it's the new 300 tour. I think Robredo has the 200, but i could be mistaken. i'll try and get a name of the new technology and stuff this week. But keep an eye on Fernando's feet. He'll be wearing some cool new shoes after the US Open... You heard it here first! ;)

rovex
07-16-2010, 01:47 PM
. But keep an eye on Fernando's feet. He'll be wearing some cool new shoes after the US Open... You heard it here first! ;)

Oh please tell us more! :twisted:

Babolast
07-16-2010, 07:39 PM
You have a lot to learn buddy....

As to what racket Verdasco has pj'd, im not sure. I think it's the new 300 tour. I think Robredo has the 200, but i could be mistaken. i'll try and get a name of the new technology and stuff this week. But keep an eye on Fernando's feet. He'll be wearing some cool new shoes after the US Open... You heard it here first! ;)

Dont you mean the adizeros which he will wear at the start of next year?

featherlight
07-16-2010, 09:48 PM
sorry out of topic but did you guys know that robredo is now sponsored by dunlop apparel like davydenko

lcstringer
07-17-2010, 09:41 PM
It seems like nobody really knows the story. Here it is. Yonex wanted to pay him $2 mil to use it's products. However, he had to test of course for which he got paid, of course. Isn't it unfortunate that a lot of these guys get to a point in their careers where they think they deserve more money, and in a way give up on their game for the "quick buck"?! Sad!
Anyway to get back on track. In the end Yonex wasn't IT. So along came Dunlop. As of RG he only had a handful of racquets from TF, which they were blacked out. Of course TF doesn't want to pay him more, why would they. Soon enough he'll be out of the picture. He's been testing D's but nothing yet, as of RG that is. In the end I doubt he'll find exactly what he's looking for because TF will not give D the specs. On top of that there is a bit of more bad blood between TF and FV. He'll have to settle for what he can find, unless he can swallow his pride...which is not likely to happen in the near future. Sad, again!

TJfederer16
07-18-2010, 03:54 AM
Verdasco really needs to sort out that serve as well, i watched him in the davis cup against llodra against France and he's slowing his first serve down so much, just rolling it in, i dont know if this is because he's scared of hitting second serves cos it certainly looks like it.

rovex
07-18-2010, 04:15 AM
Verdasco really needs to sort out that serve as well, i watched him in the davis cup against llodra against France and he's slowing his first serve down so much, just rolling it in, i dont know if this is because he's scared of hitting second serves cos it certainly looks like it.

I agree with this. He's is just rolling serves in and even with 80% first serves in he's still losing matches. Funny, because he can smack them down the T mid 120's.

booster75
07-18-2010, 05:43 AM
Verdasco and Davydenko are testing at the moment the new Dunlop Racquets that gonna be released in January 2011 thats the news that i got directly from Dunlop Germany
Greetings Marc

TJfederer16
07-18-2010, 10:22 AM
I agree with this. He's is just rolling serves in and even with 80% first serves in he's still losing matches. Funny, because he can smack them down the T mid 120's.

I know, its actually quite anoyin lol cos suddenly he just smashes a 125-130mph ace, i bet the other player is like where did that come from lol.

NikeUp
07-18-2010, 11:12 AM
Dont you mean the adizeros which he will wear at the start of next year?

It is yea. Although he will debut them for the first time at the last Davis cup match of the year. And I'm fairly confident that there will be pink in next years edge range as one of the adizero shoes are pink and black. They're supposed to be the next generation shoe! Adidas have some cool things going on so keep an eye out!

You're right. Verdasco does this quite often when he loses his confidence he starts just rolling the serve in. It's a catch 22 for him because to win he has to hit the serve but he needs to win to feel confident to hit the serve...

Babolast
07-18-2010, 11:30 AM
It is yea. Although he will debut them for the first time at the last Davis cup match of the year. And I'm fairly confident that there will be pink in next years edge range as one of the adizero shoes are pink and black. They're supposed to be the next generation shoe! Adidas have some cool things going on so keep an eye out!

Yeah man, Strober said in the Adidas 2011 thread Verdasco will be in pink and have matching shoes. Have you seen the shoes?

NikeUp
07-19-2010, 02:18 AM
Only photos from when Verdasco was testing them after Wimby. I can't wait to get my hands on a pair! There were his red and yellow davis cup ones and then the pink and black and also a lime green pair. They really look aweome, especially with the colours! 2011 might be the year Adidas step up! But yea, when it comes to Adi knowledge, Strober's the man to go by!

Babolast
07-19-2010, 02:34 AM
Only photos from when Verdasco was testing them after Wimby. I can't wait to get my hands on a pair! There were his red and yellow davis cup ones and then the pink and black and also a lime green pair. They really look aweome, especially with the colours! 2011 might be the year Adidas step up! But yea, when it comes to Adi knowledge, Strober's the man to go by!

Any chance you can get pics brother?

Bartelby
07-19-2010, 03:19 AM
When I've seen Verdasco play in person his modus operandi has been to 'roll' serves in and then occasionally slam it down, so this is perfectly normal for him. Things may be different, however, when it comes to key matches.