PDA

View Full Version : Spoiler: Verdasco Vs Arod

sandiegotennisboy
05-05-2005, 07:13 PM
Umm, why did AROD give up match pt and end up losing the match? WHY! I'm speechless. I don't know anyone in their right mind that would do that....Verdasco's serve looked out. AROD was so cocky about it too, cuz he had 2 more match pts to close out Verdasco. tsk tsk tsk.

Max G.
05-05-2005, 09:23 PM
Umm, why did AROD give up match pt and end up losing the match? WHY! I'm speechless. I don't know anyone in their right mind that would do that....Verdasco's serve looked out. AROD was so cocky about it too, cuz he had 2 more match pts to close out Verdasco. tsk tsk tsk.

Because if he HADN'T given it, the umpire would have come down, looked at the mark, and call the ball good. Andy spared him the hard work of coming down and looking at the mark by doing it himself.

sandiegotennisboy
05-06-2005, 12:10 AM
the umpire had a puzzled look....almost wondering why andy did it. i wish someone taped it...

and andy was acting like he did verdasco a favor, like who cares, i still have 2 match pts and im kicking your butt right now. the british commentators were shocked when he gave the point away.

also, the umpire had no problem going down to check. andy looked down at the dirt and gave the pt away and stopped the umpire midway down the ladder. ALSO, the umpire called it roddick's match, he wouldnt have called it good like youre saying.

what a dumb move.

GRANITECHIEF
05-06-2005, 06:46 AM
I watched this last nite on tape and couldn't believe it. I thought it was out for sure. I replayed it and froze it and it was definitely close enough to at least let the umpire check it.

I bet it will be a long time, if ever, before we see Andy do that again.