PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone tried Topspin Cyber Twirl or Cyber whirl?

beneszilo
03-23-2010, 01:52 AM
How are these strings?

drummerdan
03-23-2010, 06:11 AM
I was sent a mini reel of "twirl" a month ago or so and I strung it up as a hybrid with Gosen Micro Sheep 16ga. I found it a bit harsh at 57/60 but the spin is def there. I cut it out pretty quickly because of the harshness on my arm. Next time I test this string out, I'm going down in tension. Otherwise, it appears to be a very nice "spin" string with excellent potential. I just need to test it more.

BTW, it was very rough when stringing but otherwise, it was pretty easy to string.

W Cats
03-23-2010, 08:47 AM
Cyber Twril Red 1.28 I strung it up on one of my Dunlops 2 weeks ago at 52lbs on a constant pull machine. Obviously very different from my usual set-up. More crisp, significantly more spin and less power on serves and groundies, pockets with more control on volleys - this was all playing indoors with good temp. conditions. Since it's coaching season for me I find this string to be more accurate on feeds. Will see what this plays like as it warms up. i tend to like a little softer feel so will probably drop it to 48 lbs.

Stringing was average. It doesn't have any coil memory but what it does do is tend to get really twisted up when you pull your strings through the grommets.

drakulie
03-23-2010, 09:25 AM
Stringing was average. It doesn't have any coil memory but what it does do is tend to get really twisted up when you pull your strings through the grommets.

I find this more and more as new strings are introduced. The coil memory is not as present as with other poly strings, but it tends to get twisted/tangled.

To the OP, I am trying this string out for the first time. Just strung up my frame 2 days ago, and played yesterday. Very lively string, great spin. Ball was taking off on me a bit, but my hitting partner commented my shots were heavy. This is a very early review, but so far-so good.

W Cats
03-23-2010, 10:33 AM
Drak

Sure would like to hear a comparrison of the Twirl and the Gen Spin X.

Thanks, Gary