PDA

View Full Version : where do you take your racquet to be restringed

ynnek20
03-23-2010, 10:56 AM
so where can you go to have your racquet restrung i live in california and wondering if theres a place that does it or do you half to send it somewhere.

drakulie
03-23-2010, 11:03 AM
do a search of local tennis shops in your area, or call some of the tennis centers, and they will be able to assist you.

When your racquet needs to be re-strung, you take it to one of the shops and leave it there. They will typically have it ready for you by the next day, although some place takes longer, and still others will re-string it for you while you wait.

DonBot
03-24-2010, 05:19 AM
Try to avoid the big box stores like Sports LackofAuthority or Dick's typically their stringers have little experience and they may scratch, scuff, or even crack your frame. Probably your best bet is to find your closest raquet club. They will also be able to make recommendations regarding tension and string choice.

rich s
03-24-2010, 08:49 AM
I take mine to my basement......

mikeler
03-24-2010, 09:47 AM
I take mine to my basement......

Mine go to the garage first to cut out and throw away the old strings. Then they go into my bedroom usually accompanied by a cold beer after my kid goes to bed.

Orion
03-24-2010, 02:02 PM
Mine go to the garage first to cut out and throw away the old strings. Then they go into my bedroom usually accompanied by a cold beer after my kid goes to bed.

Mikeler HILARIOUS!!!! I had to chuckle out loud after I read. I could just hear cheezy music playing in the background. Sounds like a line straight out of a Will Ferrell tennis movie.

Nanshiki
03-24-2010, 03:41 PM
Klippermate, Alpha String Pal, ATS Super Stringer, Gamma X2.

Pick one.

(I've been stringing for myself for 1.5 years. I've paid for my machine 10 times over.)