PDA

View Full Version : gaudio vs ferrer WTF

Emma Knightley
05-05-2005, 11:46 PM
what happened? did anyone see the match? i know ferrer's been in good form lately but jesus ... that score is WTA-stylez!! was gaudio distracted? injured?

TwistServe
05-05-2005, 11:59 PM
When you're down 4-0 in tennis, often what happens is you tank the rest of the set... Thats why so often you see socres like 6-2, 2-6, 6-2.. Guadio is known for tanking a set/match when he loses a few games or a set or whatever..

Jack the Hack
05-06-2005, 12:25 AM
I didn't know Gaudio was a tanker...

It seems like he would have a hard time winning the French Open with that type of personality, especially since he isn't one of those super talented guys like Agassi, Safin, or Federer.

When I saw 6-0, 6-1... I thought the same thing = WTF?

Does anybody know the real story?

TwistServe
05-06-2005, 07:12 AM
I didn't know Gaudio was a tanker...

It seems like he would have a hard time winning the French Open with that type of personality, especially since he isn't one of those super talented guys like Agassi, Safin, or Federer.

When I saw 6-0, 6-1... I thought the same thing = WTF?

Does anybody know the real story?

Did you even watch the french open final? They were talking about how he has a problem of quitting a match so early... that if the crowd didn't keep encouraging him he would have quit the 3rd set too.. did you watch how he tanked the last set and lost to nadal 6-0 in Monte Carlo.. Gaudio has a big rep for tanking matches if he starts to lose them

Jack the Hack
05-06-2005, 08:30 AM
TwistServe,

I'm not being a smart@ass... I really didn't know that Gaudio had that reputation!

As for whether I watched last year's French Open, I was travelling on a business trip that day and was only able to watch the first couple sets or so in an airport bar and could not hear the commentary. When I went to board the plane, it looked like Coria was rolling on his way to a quick victory...

(When I landed later, I was absolutely shocked to hear that Gaudio pulled it out in 5!)