PDA

View Full Version : Weiss Cannon Scorpion 1.22?

MuscleWeave
03-23-2010, 06:09 PM
I usually use Multifeel 16 for crosses, but I recently put Cyber Blue 1.25 in the mains in my AG200, at 55/58, and the hybrid of the two soft, muted strings didn't give me much control or bite.

I have a set of Scorpion 1.22 coming from TW, and I was going to try the same thing in my MW 200G 95, subing Scorpion in for the CB. Is the Scorpion as mushy as the CB? They are both soft, lively strings. If I can get the same power & comfort, but with bite & control, my MW 95 will be a happy camper.

If not, it might be a better idea to put the full set of Scorpion into the MW 95. The AG200 will be getting Pro Red code 1.25 (55)/ Multifeel 16 (58) next.

MuscleWeave
03-23-2010, 06:13 PM
I usually use Multifeel 16 for crosses, but I recently put Cyber Blue 1.25 in the mains in my AG200, at 55/58, and the hybrid of the two soft, muted strings didn't give me much control or bite.

I have a set of Scorpion 1.22 coming from TW, and I was going to try the same thing in my MW 200G 95, subing Scorpion in for the CB. Is the Scorpion as mushy as the CB? They are both soft, lively strings. If I can get the same power & comfort, but with bite & control, my MW 95 will be a happy camper.

If not, it might be a better idea to put the full set of Scorpion into the MW 95. The AG200 will be getting Pro Red code 1.25 (55)/ Multifeel 16 (58) next.

I have no idea how the smiley face w/ shades got there. Sorry about that. The tension there is 58.

(K)evin
03-23-2010, 11:49 PM
I've used scorpion and it was great and held tension well I think over all it was a good string it was soft but not to soft and had a nice amount of spin but I like match power better

MuscleWeave
03-24-2010, 07:55 AM
(K)evin

Did you hybrid the Scorpion, or use it in a full set? I suspect that soft polys offer a lot more spin & control as a full bed.

MuscleWeave
03-25-2010, 04:07 PM

---Bump...

(K)evin
03-25-2010, 10:24 PM
(K)evin

Did you hybrid the Scorpion, or use it in a full set? I suspect that soft polys offer a lot more spin & control as a full bed.

full set, though I think it would offer spin regardless of the set up it grabbed the ball well

Explorer3903
03-26-2010, 03:53 AM
I currently use the Scorpion 1.22 in a full setup and is a great string. very comfortable string, holds tension very well and offers great control, touch/feel, and has great bite on the ball. It actually enhances spin greatly compared to other polys. I used to use several lines of Luxilon and it does not compare to Weiss Cannon in the features mentioned above. On my second reel (1/2 through) of Scorpion and have popped only two sets so far. Durability is good but am not concerned with durability as I am in playability/feel.

MuscleWeave
03-26-2010, 01:04 PM
Thanks everyone

I think I'll use it as a full bed. I just experimented with Cyber Blue, with poor results, and now I have 1/2 a set of what would be good string going to waste. I'm more confident that the Scorpion will do well by itself than hybriding with it.