PDA

View Full Version : Lux ALU Rough for spin?

LightningZI
03-24-2010, 03:56 AM
Alright so I went to get my racquet strung, I asked the person what the best spin string combo would be and he reccomendded Hollow Core + Lux ALU Rough in mains.

I just wanted to know would this be a good setup for creating a lot of spin?

ClubHoUno
03-24-2010, 05:48 AM
Best setup for spin would be Rough mains and VS TEAM GUT crosses :)

drakulie
03-24-2010, 06:25 AM
rough is definitely a good string for spin. As for the crosses, I'm surprised he said Hollow Core. Is this person working at a shop?? What are they charging you? Reason I ask is because you could get away with a very inexpensive string like Gosen in the crosses, save money, and get the same if not better performance.

ericsson
03-24-2010, 06:39 AM
My latest set-up is Alu rough in the mains and polystar in crosses, that gives me the best of both worlds, because i am mainly a flat hitter this set up suits me better then a gut hybrid, gut gives me too much power/elasticity for my likings.
Conclusion: Alu is not only a great spin string but also great for flat hitters!

aangstman01
03-24-2010, 12:30 PM
how is Alu rough as a full bed?....getting one strung up today, never tried lux, but all i ever hear about is lux as a hybrid

ericsson
03-24-2010, 12:45 PM
how is Alu rough as a full bed?....getting one strung up today, never tried lux, but all i ever hear about is lux as a hybrid

Just great, hands down one of the best strings made but it's expensive, that's why many people hybrid.

aangstman01
03-24-2010, 12:57 PM
yeah, i agree, i will more than likely hybrid it in the future, but yeah it's spendy, i may try their new adrenaline string because it is a big cheaper, and it comes in 17 gauge as well, but thank you

ClubHoUno
03-24-2010, 01:24 PM
Just great, hands down one of the best strings made but it's expensive, that's why many people hybrid.

I hybrid Alu Rough with VS TEAM 17, and Rough is cheap compared to VS.
:LOL:

Sephiroth619
03-24-2010, 01:53 PM
I'd love to try Alu Rough and Prince Topspin.

ericsson
03-25-2010, 01:13 AM
I hybrid Alu Rough with VS TEAM 17, and Rough is cheap compared to VS.
:LOL:

Yeah, the only string more expensive then ALU is Natural Gut :-)