PDA

View Full Version : MSV focus hex 1.10 vs MSV hepta twist 1.15.

big bang
03-24-2010, 09:05 AM
anyone who can compare these two?
Im ordering a reel of one of them soon, but would like to know the difference.
Im looking for the softest and the one with most spin potential of the two.

hescobal
03-24-2010, 10:08 PM
I hit with both and there differences are negligible. Hepta is just slightly stiffer because its a bigger guage.

If you're not a string breaker, save yourself $20 and get hex. Any advantage the hepta twist gives due its design would wear away after maybe 5 hours of hitting.

An alternative to msv heptatwist at about the same price is weiss cannon scorpion. It has good spin and is soft

big bang
03-25-2010, 04:39 AM
thanks, I heard from a few ppl that it allmost played like it was the same string, I will order the hex then.
normally I play with multi (reaction 16g) in my PSC but I have been testing head speed pro for a few months now and think I will switch, but it seems like I could use the extra control that poly adds to tame the extra power from the speed pro. I want a very thin and textured string to maximize my spin on clay.. hex 1.10 seems like a good choice!
I do break a lot of strings, but I string myself so it doesnt matter to me if I break a few strings every week.

HitItHarder
03-25-2010, 10:05 AM
I found the two strings played very similar as well. Neither are the best for tension maintenance, but Hex is a good string considering the performance you get at the low cost. It allows me to restring more often.

The only thing bothering me lately is the lack of control on volleys. I am sure it is more my form or a bad habit I have picked up, but (like most people) in my head I like to blame the equipment. :)

brownbearfalling
03-25-2010, 10:36 AM
I found the two strings played very similar as well. Neither are the best for tension maintenance, but Hex is a good string considering the performance you get at the low cost. It allows me to restring more often.

The only thing bothering me lately is the lack of control on volleys. I am sure it is more my form or a bad habit I have picked up, but (like most people) in my head I like to blame the equipment. :)

I found MSV 1.10 hard to hit volleys with also. I suppose it is just in my mind but it seemed like the strings bit the ball everytime I hit a volley.

big bang
03-25-2010, 11:23 PM
I never come to the net if I can avoid it, so as long as I can generate max spin with it Im satisfied:)

jayserinos99
03-27-2010, 12:19 AM
I found them to be quite similar too and not enough of a positive effect on my game to switch; I only used Heptatwist 1.15 Black once, strung at my normal tension of 52 lbs. As for volleys I don't seem to have too much of a problem of having too much spin as I use a more abbreviated volley stroke; more like a block and let the loose tension do the work for me, especially in doubles.