PDA

View Full Version : Rafa's facebook preparing new shoes ... IW past champs pics.

chillyice9
03-25-2010, 10:54 AM
Hey guys,
If you're on facebook and a fan of nadal's page, check out his "Preparing new shoes to play." It's kind of neat.

But the really interesting part is when the camera guy looks over the pictures of the past champions. Why is Sampras's picture upside down?!?!
If someone knows why, please enlighten me.

nadalfan4life
03-25-2010, 10:59 AM
Ya I would like to know also and great video.

Rjtennis
03-25-2010, 03:14 PM
Does Nadal have some kind of ritual with his shoes like he does with the water bottles?

chillyice9
03-25-2010, 04:47 PM
It seems so. he also uses the same soles in his shoes. in the video, he takes out the sole from his old shoes and puts them in the new shoes ... despite the fact that those soles are worn out at the heel and big toe.

JerrYMeeE
03-25-2010, 04:56 PM
awesome.
10char

OKUSA
03-25-2010, 05:05 PM
Nadal = flat footed. Probably what makes his knees susceptible to injury

CMM
03-26-2010, 02:00 AM
The title is wrong.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isMAZw9VRRc

chillyice9
03-26-2010, 05:53 AM
Hmmm, the title might be wrong. On Rafa's facebook page it only says "Preparando zapatos nuevos para jugar / Preparing new shoes to pla [HD]" But the pictures in the background are definitely past Indian Wells champions.

And Sampras's picture is UPSIDE DOWN!!! Why is it? Does someone not like Sampras? Was it Agassi that flipped the picture?

rommil
03-26-2010, 07:49 AM
It was the valet driver that tipped it upside down.

rommil
03-26-2010, 07:56 AM
I know this is interesting for some people but why would Nadal have somebody take a video of this and post it? He's a wingnut. I saw him practice at IW this month and a crew of camera people shot the session. It followed him the minute he exited the lounge all the way to the practice courts. It seemed like it was his own entourage of camera men following him around. Whatever. Next thing we see is Rafa doing his laundry and pouring in the detergent. BTW, Rafa's stroke are as boring in person as on TV. He looks much taller in person though, darker complexion.

E36BMWM3
03-26-2010, 08:35 AM
Hmmm, the title might be wrong. On Rafa's facebook page it only says "Preparando zapatos nuevos para jugar / Preparing new shoes to pla [HD]" But the pictures in the background are definitely past Indian Wells champions.

And Sampras's picture is UPSIDE DOWN!!! Why is it? Does someone not like Sampras? Was it Agassi that flipped the picture?

I was wondering who it was in that picture!! I can't believe he's upside down like that hahahaha...

namelessone
03-26-2010, 08:49 AM
I know this is interesting for some people but why would Nadal have somebody take a video of this and post it? He's a wingnut. I saw him practice at IW this month and a crew of camera people shot the session. It followed him the minute he exited the lounge all the way to the practice courts. It seemed like it was his own entourage of camera men following him around. Whatever. Next thing we see is Rafa doing his laundry and pouring in the detergent. BTW, Rafa's stroke are as boring in person as on TV. He looks much taller in person though, darker complexion.

How do you know it was even his suggestion to tape this? I watched the vid and he seems to be ignoring the camera,so much that the camera man is panning over the pics of past IW champions after a while.

How do you know it was his own entourage? Did they speak spanish? And if so,it could have been one of the dozens of reporters from spanish and latin tv stations that follow him around,not necessarily from team rafa. And it's not that unusual for pro's to tape their sessions(those that have coaches) should they want to look at them later to see what they need to improve in their game(and obviously in some of their strokes).

I have relatives in NY who went to USO and they were telling me that when fed and rafa went to practice there was a veritable sea of people rushing towards those courts,not to mention the actual matches. They are stars dude,people want to film them,even do they are doing everyday things in those things. Some PR people seem to think it that by showing us their day to day lives we will warm up to them or something. I just saw a athlete preparing his shoes for competition. Nothing more,nothing less.

Yeah,his strokes are boring,God knows what people swarm to his practice for :)

rommil
03-26-2010, 09:05 AM
Yes, any TV crew can get in the player' dressing room all the time and film any player when they are bending their sneakers. Geesh, yes the crew in IW spoke Spanish and had Spanish last names in their IDs. A lot of Spanish speaking people were watching too, you know, the fanatical kinds. Yeah, go ahead and flame away. It is what it is.

A million people can swarm him when he is taking a dump, it doesn't change the fact his strokes are boring and uninteresting, nothing aesthetically pleasing about it . Of course, everybody wants to see a player live. See how they are. I first saw Nadal in 2004 at the US Open during a match. His movement was what caught my attention and his racket made a swooshing sound everytime he swung it.

namelessone
03-26-2010, 09:17 AM
Yes, any TV crew can get in the player' dressing room all the time and film any player when they are bending their sneakers. Geesh, yes the crew in IW spoke Spanish and had Spanish last names in their IDs. A lot of Spanish speaking people were watching too, you know, the fanatical kinds. Yeah, go ahead and flame away. It is what it is.

A million people can swarm him when he is taking a dump, it doesn't change the fact his strokes are boring and uninteresting, nothing aesthetically pleasing about it . Of course, everybody wants to see a player live. See how they are. I first saw Nadal in 2004 at the US Open during a match. His movement was what caught my attention and his racket made a swooshing sound everytime he swung it.

You would be surprised how many tv crews follow Nadal and his boring strokes and yeah,there are a few spanish tv crew that have access to Rafa and follow him around so they have something to report on that respective nights sports news.It is nothing unusual.

Anyway,if it is their facebook account,what's the problem? Pico(monaco) posted a vid of him all bummed out after being defeated by ljubicic. Is there something wrong with that too? Here we have a vid of Nadal preparing his equipment and we see posters of old champions? What's so weird about that?

If Nadal's celebrity is all that is drawing them why do they go see the match after they got a autograph? Why to they come for practice again the next day? Weird as it may sound for you,there are plenty of people who like Nadal's tennis.

rommil
03-26-2010, 09:20 AM
You would be surprised how many tv crews follow Nadal and his boring strokes and yeah,there are a few spanish tv crew that have access to Rafa and follow him around so they have something to report on that respective nights sports news.It is nothing unusual.

Anyway,if it is their facebook account,what's the problem? Pico(monaco) posted a vid of him all bummed out after being defeated by ljubicic. Is there something wrong with that too? Here we have a vid of Nadal preparing his equipment and we see posters of old champions? What's so weird about that?

If Nadal's celebrity is all that is drawing them why do they go see the match after they got a autograph? Why to they come for practice again the next day? Weird as it may sound for you,there are plenty of people who like Nadal's tennis.

I'm not questioning that there are a lot of people out there who watch Nadal, whatever their reasons are. Again, it doesn't change my perspective on is strokes. He looks like he is always laboring and doesn't look like he is having fun out there.

vllaznia
03-26-2010, 09:25 AM
Weird as it may sound for you,there are plenty of people who like Nadal's tennis.
Actually i think most of people who like Nadal's game have never played tennis,they like the athleticism of his game.

dmt
03-26-2010, 09:28 AM
Actually i think most of people who like Nadal's game have never played tennis,they like the athleticism of his game.

and u have any statistics to prove this? Because every single Nadal fan must be an idiot right? Some people prefer Federer, others Nadal, others Djokovic or Murray. Its not a crime. Just because you dont like a certain players style doesnt mean other people cant.

namelessone
03-26-2010, 09:37 AM
I'm not questioning that there are a lot of people out there who watch Nadal, whatever their reasons are. Again, it doesn't change my perspective on is strokes. He looks like he is always laboring and doesn't look like he is having fun out there.

You have just described many spanish players including verdasco,ferrer,robredo and of course Nadal(there are rarities such as almagro and JCF whose strokes look more textbook). Their philosophy is consistency first,form later,the opposite of the french school which teaches classical tennis form so to speak but as you can see their players aren't really consistent and even the top one,tsonga,is the epitomy of inconsistency. Gasquet...we all know what happened to him. PHM is the master choker. Llodra plays beautiful tennis but is more of a doubles player than anything else. Simon and Monfils have not achieved anything worthwhile.

Guess what,the players who look like they are having fun are usually on the losing end of the match,cause they have realised that they have nothing to lose anymore and are enjoying themselves or are natural showmen(it is not that important for them to win) while champions like Nadal try to be focused 100% cause they want to win matches no matter the score,and obviously the tourneys later on. I've seen novak and monfils goof around no matter what the score,not to mention clowns like korreler. While the crowd appreciates this,these guys have mostly lost when they have done this(not that there is a direct correlation between the two things).

I think Nadal's personal philosopgy says a lot about his approach to tennis:

"I like fighting to win more than the win itself"

Nadal would have been good in most sports cause he has a winners mentality. Not that guys who have fun are losers but if you look at the guys who defined the sport like laver,sampras,federer they were stone cold killers on court 99% of the time with the occasional funny moment thrown in.

vllaznia
03-26-2010, 09:39 AM
and u have any statistics to prove this? Because every single Nadal fan must be an idiot right? Some people prefer Federer, others Nadal, others Djokovic or Murray. Its not a crime. Just because you dont like a certain players style doesnt mean other people cant.

I did not say that if you like Nadals game you are an idiot, most of my friends who dont play tennis cheer for Nadal when he is playing because he runs for every ball and his game is very athletic.

namelessone
03-26-2010, 09:45 AM

Athleticism is the reason why people watch sports dummy. Sports are replacement for war in society,we want to see guys(and girls) push their bodies to the max for our enjoyment,whether they do it with a racket and ball,a hockey stick,a football(soccer) etc.

Nadal's athletic brand of tennis has jump started the sport since 05' cause it was getting a bit stale with one guy winning all the time. And even now,when he isn't exactly at his career high,people still want to see him,in practice and in matches and pay big bucks to do so.

Using your logic,I could say that Fed's game appeals to lazy people who don't want to run much and who want the ability to end points quickly(though this would be false since Federer is one of the fittest in the game and has VERY UNDER-RATED defense) so as to not exert themselves too much.

rommil
03-26-2010, 09:52 AM
You have just described many spanish players including verdasco,ferrer,robredo and of course Nadal(there are rarities such as almagro and JCF whose strokes look more textbook). Their philosophy is consistency first,form later,the opposite of the french school which teaches classical tennis form so to speak but as you can see their players aren't really consistent and even the top one,tsonga,is the epitomy of inconsistency. Gasquet...we all know what happened to him. PHM is the master choker. Llodra plays beautiful tennis but is more of a doubles player than anything else. Simon and Monfils have not achieved anything worthwhile.

Guess what,the players who look like they are having fun are usually on the losing end of the match,cause they have realised that they have nothing to lose anymore and are enjoying themselves or are natural showmen(it is not that important for them to win) while champions like Nadal try to be focused 100% cause they want to win matches no matter the score,and obviously the tourneys later on. I've seen novak and monfils goof around no matter what the score,not to mention clowns like korreler. While the crowd appreciates this,these guys have mostly lost when they have done this(not that there is a direct correlation between the two things).

I think Nadal's personal philosopgy says a lot about his approach to tennis:

"I like fighting to win more than the win itself"

Nadal would have been good in most sports cause he has a winners mentality. Not that guys who have fun are losers but if you look at the guys who defined the sport like laver,sampras,federer they were stone cold killers on court 99% of the time with the occasional funny moment thrown in.

Robredo's game is boring to watch but at least his backhand stroke is a beauty to see. Yes I do not care for most of the Spanish players, they are too intense looking on court. I despise Almagro, he gets very miserable on court, his face and his expression does not help. Ferrero I like, he has clean strokes and maintains calm out there.

vllaznia
03-26-2010, 09:55 AM
Athleticism is the reason why people watch sports dummy. Sports are replacement for war in society,we want to see guys(and girls) push their bodies to the max for our enjoyment,whether they do it with a racket and ball,a hockey stick,a football(soccer) etc.

Nadal's athletic brand of tennis has jump started the sport since 05' cause it was getting a bit stale with one guy winning all the time. And even now,when he isn't exactly at his career high,people still want to see him,in practice and in matches and pay big bucks to do so.

Using your logic,I could say that Fed's game appeals to lazy people who don't want to run much and who want the ability to end points quickly(though this would be false since Federer is one of the fittest in the game and has VERY UNDER-RATED defense) so as to not exert themselves too much.

If you ask the pro players whose game they would rather have Nadals or Federers i am pretty sure that most of them would choose Federers.My point is a person who plays tennis watches the game in a different way that the one who has not ever played the game.

namelessone
03-26-2010, 10:07 AM
If you ask the pro players whose game they would rather have Nadals or Federers i am pretty sure that most of them would choose Federers.My point is a person who plays tennis watches the game in a different way that the one who has not ever played the game.

Well that is obviously true but Nadal's strokes,while not appealing to some,are very unorthodox and very efficient usually. Nadal and Fed have different styles. And it is clear why people would want Federer's game: it is aesthetically pleasant AND it gets results. I want to emphasise on the "it brings results part". There are many,many people who play textbook tennis but whose results suck. They don't get as many people at their matches and they aren't held in high esteem,even though they play classical tennis.

Federer is loved because he mixes old school tennis with results and he appeals to many people because of these two reasons.

Nadal is loved because he has fighting spirit,is very athletic(best running shots in the game when on and perhaps the best passer out there) who is also loved by many,but disliked by quite a lot of people because he has unorthodox strokes and some peculiar habits on court. But legends of the game like and/or respect Rafa because they know the kind of passion he brings on court is good for tennis.