PDA

View Full Version : Western grip players... String splits

monkeyisland90
03-25-2010, 11:16 AM
I have a extreme western grip and notice that after playing either my first match or even during the match (towards the end). I see the string bed shifting and can have small or large gaps and think that my extreme grip produces so much topspin it seems to have a saw effect and my strings sometimes look like moses departed the red sea :)

Now for all the western grippers with lot of topspin who string there own racquet.. do you experience this also? Or is my string job poor or maybe my calibration is off?

HOping to take some photos but hopefully you have mental image of what i mean.

Preston
03-25-2010, 11:31 AM
This happens to me when using synguts, and happens more so on open string pattersn. Polys are better about either not moving or snapping back, not sure which, but they stay straighter regardless.

I move the strings back a little after points, and I honestly can't say i've noticed the string bed playing worse due to the string movement. It seems like it definitely should play worse though.

bastorm0720
03-26-2010, 04:54 PM
Use a poly and this wont happen (usually) or at least itll happen on a much smaller scale. Pro Hurricane Tour and Luxilon are good options to try.

I hit a ton of spin (usually jumping up around the person's head/shoulders) and my strings never move (i use hurricanes).

mikeler
03-26-2010, 05:38 PM
Your string being a half millimeter out of place is not why you missed your serve by 5 feet. :)