PDA

View Full Version : Anyone heard of Eagnas Combo 3800?

BradThomas2121
03-25-2010, 03:36 PM
an offer has been given to me for an Eagnas combo 3800 for $750 and $75 for the set of tools. It is electric and I was wondering if it was any good. The deal almost seems to good to be true. Is the stringer worth it. I would appreciate any input.

jim e
03-25-2010, 04:01 PM
an offer has been given to me for an Eagnas combo 3800 for $750 and $75 for the set of tools. It is electric and I was wondering if it was any good. The deal almost seems to good to be true. Is the stringer worth it. I would appreciate any input.

If you go to the manuf. web site, you will see that great deal you feel is too good to be true, is not that great, as it sells new from the company for $759.00 plus you get free string.
I have heard before on these boards from someone qho visited the Eagnas warehouse, and this person sounded very knowledgable about electronics, stated that the eagnas electronics used poor electronics in those machines, most likely to cut costs. I'm sure if yoiu have extra time and use the search function on this site you will find that post. From what I heard Eagnas better deals are with thwe manual machines as less to go wrong, but thats your decision!

BradThomas2121
03-25-2010, 04:03 PM
okay because that deal is just to good.

Lambsscroll
03-26-2010, 04:38 AM
I'm very happy with my Eagnas Hyper 480. Every 30 string jobs or so I calibrate the tension puller to see where its at. I've done this at least 3 times and every time the tension puller is spot on. So the Manual crank spring tensioning system from Eagnas is pretty good.

ericsson
03-26-2010, 05:19 AM

Brad, from my personal experience i would say stay away from it!!!
It is crap and cheap made, i had to send it back three times, i'm talking about the electrical unit, it is constant pulling but it didnt work out that way, that thing kept pulling over tension, even till the string snapped. Maybe i had bad luck but that dont take away it's a cheap made machine, better off with a good manual machine. Just my two cents...

brownbearfalling
03-26-2010, 05:40 AM
Good thing you decided to research before you bought the machine. From what I have seen also, Eagnas electronic machines are not reliable and will cost you more than what you initially paid. If the seller is really desperate to get rid of the machine, you should shoot him a reasonable offer depending on the condition of the machine and replace the electronic tensioner with a mounting a wise head.

film1
03-26-2010, 06:58 AM
I got one about three years ago, strung a racquet with it yesterday, worked fine.

XFactorer
03-26-2010, 08:05 AM
Eagnas does not promote itself as customer service friendly. They take a very snarky tone to anyone who questions anything. Look it up in their FAQ section.

It's not a company I would feel good giving my money to.