PDA

View Full Version : Sharapova vs Zheng - A couple of weeks ago

diamondgeezer
03-25-2010, 03:41 PM
I saw this match on Eurosport. And I was just gob smacked by the amount of double faults Sharapova made. I think she was averaging two a game in the third set.

This isn't a gripe at WTA, but surely a grand slam winner can kick a decent second serve in the court. Her serves were just flat and terrible.

After losing the first set, she fought back well in the second set, but then capitulated in the third. There didn't seem to be much fight out there from her.
I noticed she doesn't ever play any slice shots?

Sorry if these seem obvious remarks. Just interested in your thoughts and wondered if anyone saw the game.

OKUSA
03-25-2010, 03:45 PM
Well give Zheng credit, she steps in about 5 feet from the baseline and rips second serves harder than anyone I've seen.

Against Wozniacki she was ripping them as well. But Wozniacki didn't seem to care as she didn't serve many double faults

Annika
03-25-2010, 03:47 PM
I watched the whole match. Sharapova did make too many errors, esp on her serves. I liked the way Zheng played. Can someone that short now a days rise to top? Just wondered, after watching some lobs go over her head and over her stretched up arms. :oops:

scotus
03-25-2010, 04:17 PM
A shoulder injury can ruin anyone's serve.