PDA

View Full Version : Roger's 2008 and Rafa's 2009

odyssey
03-25-2010, 04:12 PM
Roger had been pretty good and unbeatable until the end of 2007. He got suddenly defeated by Djoko at 2008 Australian open, and lost confidence. He attributed his successive defeats to mono. In the meantime Rafa took his place and made a history.

Rafa had been pretty good and unbeatable until the beginning of 2009. He got suddenly defeated by Sod at 2009 French open, and lost confidence. He attributed his successive defeats to knee. In the meantime Roger took his place back and made a history.

Only difference of two similar situations is that Roger kept playing while Rafa stopped playing after loss of confidence.

If Rafa had kept playing like Roger, the situation would have been much more identical.

Li Ching Yuen
03-25-2010, 04:14 PM
Roger is a much more complete player, thus his pretty good record in his weakest year since he arise at the top of the ATP.

Nadal didn't have too much to back it up with after his physique gave up on him.

stapler
03-25-2010, 04:15 PM
Roger had been pretty good and unbeatable until the end of 2007. He got suddenly defeated by Djoko at 2008 Australian open, and lost confidence. He attributed his successive defeats to mono. In the meantime Rafa took his place and made a history.

Rafa had been pretty good and unbeatable until the beginning of 2009. He got suddenly defeated by Sod at 2009 French open, and lost confidence. He attributed his successive defeats to knee. In the meantime Roger took his place back and made a history.

Only difference of two similar situations is that Roger kept playing while Rafa stopped playing after loss of confidence.

If Rafa had kept playing like Roger, the situation would have been much more identical.

http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/1808/600107ohyousuperx.jpg

djokovicgonzalez2010
03-25-2010, 04:18 PM
I wish I could make a history!
No, Nadal's is permanent, and Federer didn't say that anyway.
And I don't think he said his loss to Nadal in Wimby 08 was an "accident"

jigar
03-25-2010, 05:21 PM
In 2008 Roger still reached to all three major Finals where as Rafa didn't reach to any finals. I think it is not about his confidence, the other players got a lot of confidence playing against him when they watched losing him on his own house.

Ocean Drive
03-25-2010, 05:41 PM
In 2008 Roger still reached to all three major Finals where as Rafa didn't reach to any finals. I think it is not about his confidence, the other players got a lot of confidence playing against him when they watched losing him on his own house.

Nadal won the 2009 Australian Open?

mcutilize
03-25-2010, 06:53 PM

he won french and wimb

OddJack
03-25-2010, 08:21 PM

According to you he stopped playing after loss of confidence. According to news, his doctor, live tv, he stopped playing because he was injured.

The situation is not identical at all. Rodge didnt just keep playing, he was in final of 3 out of four majors and won one. He never had a physical problem. The media was way more harsh on Rodge than Rafa because he fell down from top spot where he had hold for several years vs Rafa's downfall was persumably resulted from an injury.