PDA

View Full Version : Serena Williams=GOAT?

samprasvsfederer123
03-25-2010, 06:16 PM
http://tennis.com/ticker/index.aspx

according to seles even though williams is 28 years old ya can still go on and win 13 more titles

thalivest
03-25-2010, 07:13 PM
I read what Seles had to say and all I have to say is ROTFL!!!

First of all Serena is 28 years old. In all likelihood she has until the end of 2012 max to win more slams considering even the latest blooming great in history- Martina Navratilova, won only 1 slam after turning 31. Considering she has no chance of ever winning another French that leaves her 8 more possible slams. If she wins 4 of those to reach 16 I think she will have done well.

Secondly Serena playing her greatest tennis ever? I am dissapointed a former great would make such a clueless statement. Serena of 2002-2003 was infinitely better than today, maybe indeed better than any women in history. The Serena of that year would destroy the Serena of today. If the womens field was as strong overall as 2002-2003 as well, Serena might well not win anything. Serena benefits from the crap field, especialy the last 2 years.

It would be hard for any great in history to beat the Serena of this years Australian Open? Please Azarenka would have done so without a huge pathetic choke which defines much of the embarassing state of womens tennis today. Henin played a terrible tactically clueless final, has no serve, is still very rusty so soon in her comeabck, and still nearly won.

Seles has gotten her own butt whooped by Serena so many times this is program a form of ego massage. Trying to make her feel better about herself as she nears closer to dropping out of the top 10 women players all time, all due to wasting the last 8 years of her own career on donuts, cake, and self pity. I wouldnt be surprised if she and Serena are good buddies, they probably shared many trips to Krispy Kremes together.

TMF
03-25-2010, 07:58 PM
Monica Seles is a **********!

thalivest
03-25-2010, 08:07 PM
Seles is one of the few champions who was ever unprofessional enough to allow herself to be in even worse shape than Serena has at times allowed herself to get:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2zwAz9fvrI&feature=related

Good grief she looks like a women on maternity leave.

rolandg
03-25-2010, 08:19 PM
Don't think she'll reach Court, but she is one of the greatest of all time. What that says about the state of women's tennis is debatable.

Cavaleer
03-25-2010, 10:17 PM

First of all Serena is 28 years old. In all likelihood she has until the end of 2012 max to win more slams considering even the latest blooming great in history- Martina Navratilova, won only 1 slam after turning 31. Considering she has no chance of ever winning another French that leaves her 8 more possible slams. If she wins 4 of those to reach 16 I think she will have done well.

Secondly Serena playing her greatest tennis ever? I am dissapointed a former great would make such a clueless statement. Serena of 2002-2003 was infinitely better than today, maybe indeed better than any women in history. The Serena of that year would destroy the Serena of today. If the womens field was as strong overall as 2002-2003 as well, Serena might well not win anything. Serena benefits from the crap field, especialy the last 2 years.

It would be hard for any great in history to beat the Serena of this years Australian Open? Please Azarenka would have done so without a huge pathetic choke which defines much of the embarassing state of womens tennis today. Henin played a terrible tactically clueless final, has no serve, is still very rusty so soon in her comeabck, and still nearly won.

Seles has gotten her own butt whooped by Serena so many times this is program a form of ego massage. Trying to make her feel better about herself as she nears closer to dropping out of the top 10 women players all time, all due to wasting the last 8 years of her own career on donuts, cake, and self pity. I wouldnt be surprised if she and Serena are good buddies, they probably shared many trips to Krispy Kremes together.

>>>>

ROTL....I couldn't have said it better myself. hahaha

Serena got distracted by all that bullshat and Seles couldn't find the pair to get out of the pity, BOTH when they were in their primes.

Serena's distraction was a colossal waste of talent whereas Seles' was just a waste.

YouJaySoup
03-26-2010, 06:01 AM
Nah,hell no. Wait til Serena wins more than 22 slams then we'll talk.

I consider Graf,Evert,Navratilova ahead of her.

dropshot winner
03-26-2010, 06:10 AM

Wow, you're not holding back :)

boredone3456
03-26-2010, 06:17 AM
Serena is currently playing her best tennis ever? I would have thought Seles would have known better than to say something as obviously incorrect as that. 2003-2003, even 2004 US Open Serena was way way better than Serena today. Hard to see any of the greats living with Serena playing like she did at this Australian Open, Are the all time greats all worse than Azarenka(up like, a set and 4-0, then completely fell apart after losing the 2nd set) or Li Na (who lost in 2 tiebreaks and had chances to close out both sets)? Serena playing the best tennis of her life despite going a mediocre 4-4 on clay last year, 0-3 before the french including losing to number 90 something zakopalova and almost losing to her again at the french? Serena getting outplayed by fresh of a comeback clijsters at the US Open and almost getting outplayed by Henin at the Australian. I wouldn't even say Serena is playing that much better she was when she won her first slam at the 1999 US Open, the reason she looks so good today is because the field is much worse. Serena of 02-03 would probably straight set the serena of today. As for breaking Courts record of 24? LOL she would be incredibly lucky to move ahead of Evert and Navratilova in terms of slams, catching Court...even with todays lackluster field....I doubt it.

bruce38
03-26-2010, 07:06 AM

Martina Navratilova, won only 1 slam after turning 31. Considering she has no chance of ever winning another French that leaves her 8 more possible slams. If she wins 4 of those to reach 16 I think she will have done well.

The difference is when Martina was in her 30s, there were a whole bunch of good up and coming women's players. Today, the field is pathetic. Proven by how well Clijsters and Henin have done. She certainly won't get 24, but she can probably get close to Martina's record.

forzamilan90
03-26-2010, 03:49 PM
the thing about the female game, you have Steffi Graff and Martina Navratilova as the measuring stick and they got a lot of titles, Serena won't come even close to reach either's singles titles count, forget about Court. top 5 potentially, goat nope.

rossi46
03-27-2010, 04:29 AM
In this case is GOAT short for the Greatest Oversized Arse in Tennis ??

samprasvsfederer123
03-27-2010, 06:17 AM

classic god bless you:)

pjonesy
03-27-2010, 10:29 AM
Serena is very strong mentally/emotionally WHEN she wants to be. It is obvious that she is not in HER best shape at this point. The fact that she does not play as many tournaments as the other players and only brings her best game to the slams, may extend her career longer than the public anticipates. Serena will not touch the records of Navratilova, Graf, Evert or Court but she will be considered the best player of her era. Regardless of the level of competition, Serena will be in the conversation of GOAT. She has played (and beaten) enough great players in the past to cement her career. In my opinion, she can probably hang around another 4 years and with the lack of premium competition she could rack up quite a few more titles. At this point, I do not put her in the same class as Graf or Navratilova.

Gustavo Kuerten
03-28-2010, 07:11 AM
GOAT ***, i'd tap that every day.

hcb0804
03-28-2010, 07:22 AM
classic god bless you:)

Serena has the IQ of a goat, that is about it. Martina Navratilova is hands down the greatest female player of all time.

DownTheLine
03-28-2010, 07:25 AM
GOAT ***, i'd tap that every day.

I hope your kidding.

Gustavo Kuerten
03-28-2010, 07:35 AM
I hope your kidding.

http://www.uncoached.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/williams_sisters_5.jpg

rommil
03-28-2010, 05:55 PM
http://www.uncoached.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/williams_sisters_5.jpg

A goat is too shapely of an animal to compare Serena to unless we are talking about a whole herd of them.

Sentinel
03-29-2010, 08:28 AM

A goat is too shapely of an animal to compare Serena to unless we are talking about a whole herd of them.
ROTFL !

Look, if you guys are trying to kill innocent people with laughter, this could escalate to genocide.