PDA

View Full Version : Federer's Stringing Knot

NikeUp
03-26-2010, 10:01 AM
Does anyone know what knot Federer has on his rackets. I've heard that he has to have the tie-off parrallel to the string bed otherwise he won't use the racket.

I've tried searching but havent found anything. If there is something out there please point me in the right direction and i can take this one down.

NikeUp

p.s. have new pictures of the Special edition Rolland Garros Feathers to post later.

VGP
03-26-2010, 10:07 AM
You might want to scan through these threads:

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=313792

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=246366

There might be some residual discussion on how Federer gets his frames strung by P1.

The pictures (from ex-TW poster Fabfed) have been removed......

goran_ace
03-26-2010, 10:47 AM
Are you talking about the 'tail' of the knot lying parallel to the string on which its tied off? I used to use knot like that for cosmetic reasons because it looked neater. There's probably a name for the knot. Some customers notice and appreciate litle things like that. I personally don't like using the knot though because it is hard to cinch up tight to the grommet/frame so there is that extra little bit of tension loss on the last string when you release the clamp.

goran_ace
03-26-2010, 10:52 AM
Are you looking for information on if that is true that he won't use the racket if it doesn't have that knot or are you looking for information on how to tie the knot?

I'll look around for a picture of the knot. If I can't find one, then maybe next time I string a racket I'll use it and I'll take a picture of it.

MethodTennis
03-26-2010, 10:56 AM
this is soooooo sad, honestly i really dont know why you care but i guess its a tennis forum so this is just me trolling

Preston
03-26-2010, 01:24 PM
this is soooooo sad, honestly i really dont know why you care but i guess its a tennis forum so this is just me trolling

He cares because it's fun man. For most of us this is our hobby, so it's fun to research, talk about, post about, see what the pros use/do and possible try and mimic them.

It's just fun, not sad.

Cheer up man and enjoy it a little more.

insiderman
03-26-2010, 02:39 PM
go to priority one ('.' com) as they do everything for Rog and many, many others - they be Da' s*it on the Tour...

NikeUp
03-26-2010, 05:02 PM
Are you talking about the 'tail' of the knot lying parallel to the string on which its tied off? I used to use knot like that for cosmetic reasons because it looked neater. There's probably a name for the knot. Some customers notice and appreciate litle things like that. I personally don't like using the knot though because it is hard to cinch up tight to the grommet/frame so there is that extra little bit of tension loss on the last string when you release the clamp.

Yea these are the knots i think he uses. What exactly are they called. Or do you have a discription on how to do them.

I did check the P1 website and couldnt find anything exactly. The pics of his frame were from to far away.

I'm just curious, that's all.