PDA

View Full Version : Pacifc X-Force vs PHT

bastorm0720
03-26-2010, 02:58 PM
Hi all so I posted a thread earlier this week wondering about the comparison between Pacific X-Force 17g and PHT. Seeing as nobody responded and I was getting a new racquet from tennis warehouse anyway, I decided to get my racquet strung with some pacific and try it out myself. I got the babolat aero storm gt strung up with x-force at 59lbs.

I noticed upon my first outing (i just hit against my garage today because I don't have a ride to tennis and I was excited to try out the string lol) that the string is much softer than hurricane. Like, MUCH softer. Hurricane is harsh as hell and has almost no pop when you string it at 60 lbs, but at 59 lbs the x-force has much more pop and comfort than the hurricane. As far as I can tell x-force has much slightly less spin potential, but from hitting against a wall it's not really a good indicator of the spin.

I'll update this later when I actually hit on a court, the big thing I noticed today that x-force is much more comfy.

bastorm0720
03-26-2010, 04:54 PM
Update:
I just went out to hit with the x-force and these strings are really soft... however they don't have nearly the spin potential of hurricane. As comfortable as they are, I'd rather play with the hurricane because my game is based on heavy topspin and it's really quite difficult to hit that with these strings. However, I'm thinking about trying a mix between the 2 strings w/ hurricane or something similar to hurricane in the mains and x-force in the crosses.
Honestly this string feels a lot more like a synthetic than a poly

Steve Huff
03-26-2010, 10:07 PM
I'm not a big poly user, but have tried some in the crosses with Klip Legend mains. So far, Pacific X-Force 18 has been my favorite. It seems to be easier on the arm than the others I've tried, and plays great. I've tried some of the thinner strings from MSV, Signum Pro, Pro Supex BA Micro, Head Sonic Pro and a few others that don't come to mind right now.

dekko1
03-27-2010, 06:42 AM
I have XForce on my racquet now. I dont know about them, they did not offer much power, spin, feel, comfort; they just felt like a cheap Polyester. There are a lot of cheaper strings that are better. I want to try PolyForce, but from what I have been reading, I also want to try PolyStar.