PDA

View Full Version : IW & Miami TV coverage sucks

fedfan08
03-26-2010, 04:56 PM
These are supposed to be premier events yet seeded players are on court and there is no TV coverage. What a joke. Nadal and Djokovic on court today/tonight; Justine vs Lena D on the WTA side and none of it is on TV. And it's not even on tennistv.com, which is for paying customers. :roll:

forzamilan90
03-26-2010, 04:57 PM
really? in the south here, they show southern events on fox sports south on something local

fedfan08
03-26-2010, 05:09 PM
really? in the south here, they show southern events on fox sports south on something localSo you're watching it right now on tv?

Fee
03-26-2010, 05:35 PM
Coverage starts tomorrow.

Coverage for Indian Wells was EXCELLENT between Tennis Channel and Fox Sports, the best its been in YEARS.

samprasvsfederer123
03-26-2010, 06:03 PM
i hate how the us is so stupid, last week instead of showing indian wells, they were showing these ******** golf players play there little stupid games, i cant see tennis on normal tv, and when i do it is a blessing if it is a good match, thank god they make up for that in wimby,the french, and the us open, and cincy, those are the ones i remember seeing off cable

OKUSA
03-26-2010, 06:22 PM
I can understand that Golf is popular because it requires 2 things, a set of working hands and legs (I guess you could swing from the cart), which most people possess.

I don't know how people can man the attention span to watch it

fedfan08
03-27-2010, 07:08 AM

Coverage for Indian Wells was EXCELLENT between Tennis Channel and Fox Sports, the best its been in YEARS.Er, no coverage is excellent when Justin Gimelstob is behind the microphone.

gully
03-27-2010, 07:08 AM

I completely missed this -- I was looking for coverage on Tennis Channel, which doesn't start until Sunday night. But my Fox Sports affiliate lists it as being on today, tonight, and tomorrow (Sunday) afternoon.

I do wonder why there's no early round coverage, though -- I would have loved to have seen some of yesterday's matches.

Fee
03-27-2010, 09:21 AM
I completely missed this -- I was looking for coverage on Tennis Channel, which doesn't start until Sunday night. But my Fox Sports affiliate lists it as being on today, tonight, and tomorrow (Sunday) afternoon.

I do wonder why there's no early round coverage, though -- I would have loved to have seen some of yesterday's matches.

This surprised me that even the ATP didn't provide a feed for yesterday's matches, and considering what happened, I bet at least a few of them are kicking themselves.