PDA

View Full Version : Kblade Tour Strings

dantheman
03-26-2010, 04:51 PM
i've been using babolat revenge 16G at 60lbs
i love the of the strings for the first week
but after that the strings feels like ****
i was wondering if i should hybrid my strings or maybe just switch ?
what are your opinions

JT_2eighty
03-26-2010, 07:05 PM
sadly this is how polys will fare. Play great at first, then after 6-10 hours of play time, they lose resilience, playability, etc.

I would give signum's pro poly plasma a try, it is one of the best in terms of long-term playability.

otherwise, full gut is great as it plays good until breakage, but costs a chunk more. the upside is that with the KBT, it's tight string pattern will keep those babies alive for a good while. String it a few pounds higher than your poly, i'd say 64-66 lbs.

armsty
03-26-2010, 07:16 PM
I've got a KBlade which I used for a bit with Spinfire Ignition mains and PSGD cross. Great string if you can find a reseller. Loved it in the Blade.

My mate who uses a KBT uses Big Banger Original mains and Tecnifiber Synthetic Gut Crosses. Probably not the best setup but he likes it. Maybe try something like ALU if you got the funds, otherwise Cyberflash/blue.

ogruskie
03-26-2010, 11:59 PM
Silverstring mains and Forten sweet crosses...best hybrid I've ever used. Crisp feel but with tons of touch when you need it. Control is superb.

armsty
03-27-2010, 12:22 AM
Silverstring mains and Forten sweet crosses...best hybrid I've ever used. Crisp feel but with tons of touch when you need it. Control is superb.
Sounds really expensive.

ogruskie
03-27-2010, 08:29 AM
Sounds really expensive.

Not really, unless you're a string breaker. I hit flat with moderate power and it takes me about a month to break a set of strings, and that's only if I play a lot within that month. I bought a reel of SS and Sweet more than a year ago and I still have plenty of string left. The total cost is less than a single reel of ALU, and considering some people do ALU/nat gut hybrids, I really don't feel like I'm losing a lot of money...

dantheman
03-27-2010, 01:51 PM
im fine paying for luxilon and such but i'm just wondering what would be the closes thing to babolat revenge with long playability

natural gut is quite expensive since my stringer charges alot for them but im fine paying for anything else except natural gut

my style of play is mostly flat but i usually throw in acouple top spin shots
i mainly camp around the baseline and rarely go up
im about a 3.5 player i have a huge flat serve and a heavy 2nd kick serve

armsty
03-27-2010, 02:02 PM
Not really, unless you're a string breaker. I hit flat with moderate power and it takes me about a month to break a set of strings, and that's only if I play a lot within that month. I bought a reel of SS and Sweet more than a year ago and I still have plenty of string left. The total cost is less than a single reel of ALU, and considering some people do ALU/nat gut hybrids, I really don't feel like I'm losing a lot of money...
I was kidding haha. Damn internet and no sarcasm button.

A Big Ace/Maxim Touch Hybrid if you want some control with comfort is always nice and cheap

dantheman
03-27-2010, 02:12 PM
i was wondering if i used babolat revenge and hybrided it with wilson NXT both at 16

what would the result feel end up in ?

jamauss
03-27-2010, 02:15 PM
Black Code Mains & NRG2 crosses (both 17g) played great for me.

dantheman
03-27-2010, 03:54 PM
would it benefit me in anyway if i change my 16G revenge to 17G revenge
since i dont really break them

jamauss
03-27-2010, 05:38 PM
I think 17g is a good gauge for the KBT because of such a dense string pattern. 17g gives the right amount of spin for my game.

BOZO
03-28-2010, 12:20 AM
Go Big Ace 17 or 18 ... if you still like poly, you will get a bit life longer but twice cheaper than the current one. But if you want hybrid, all of them will fit though coz, I don't think KBT is not a string picky ... just don't go more than 58 ......

dantheman
03-28-2010, 07:54 AM
thanks for the advice guys i normally string it at 60 so im gonna test out 58 next time

do you guys know how babolat revenge 16G compares to Luxilon Adreniline ?

mto
02-15-2014, 11:04 AM
Alu power rough 1.25 mains 26kg, Luxilon Adreniline 1.25 crosses 25kg.
(4gr leadtape @ 3 and 9)

Arthuro
02-16-2014, 07:12 AM
I used to play with the KBT before I was sponsored. The frame works best with a full bed of multi, or a hybrid of multi-mains and a good power/spin poly cross.