PDA

View Full Version : Interesting question

David123
03-26-2010, 05:05 PM
I've always been wondering how come the pros never really react to what the fans chant say when they pratice? For example, i was watching roddick pratice, and he he went to sit down so he was exactly across from me. He picked up his gatorade blue, and i had the exact same gatorade blue so i put it up trying to make him laugh while drinking it at the same time as him because roddick is a funny guy, and he looks at me and ignores me like them all lol ,cant they show something back lol?

i8myshirt
03-26-2010, 05:09 PM
Can't really say that I'd agree that this is an interesting question. I will try to answer it.
They've probably become calloused to it since it happens to them all the time.

bruce38
03-26-2010, 05:11 PM
I've always been wondering how come the pros never really react to what the fans chant say when they pratice? For example, i was watching roddick pratice, and he he went to sit down so he was exactly across from me. He picked up his gatorade blue, and i had the exact same gatorade blue so i put it up trying to make him laugh while drinking it at the same time as him because roddick is a funny guy, and he looks at me and ignores me like them all lol ,cant they show something back lol?

Maybe you just weren't that funny.

David123
03-26-2010, 05:51 PM
haha funnyy.. but they don't react to anyone lol..

kishnabe
03-26-2010, 06:19 PM
He must have thought you were a ******!

Kobble
03-26-2010, 06:26 PM
Not true all the time. However, these guys have to focus on their practice. Obviously, another thing, most fans are only paying attention to them because of their current rank or looks. I'm sure many people were gathered around Guga years ago, but the last time I saw him practice it was almost morbid, hardly anyone there. So with that in mind, I can see why some may not want to engage much. They may feel the affection is fake, and the real appreciation almost non-existent.

Back to my original sentence. Not all ignore you. Todd martin was engaging the time I met him. Some kid was chatting with him as he was taking a break during the practice session. Another poster on here almost got Andreev's racquet. He did have the racquet, but his coach made him get it back. Safin talks to fans during the match. Some guy said, "Focus, Marat." He replied, "Why don't you come out here."

samprasvsfederer123
03-26-2010, 06:36 PM
ya you are right that is a very intersting question, maybe they find that talking to the audience fades their concentration so they just space out, knowing me if i were a pro i would have smiled, roddick does seem a little bit like one of those mean guys sometimes

Dilettante
03-26-2010, 09:07 PM

You only meet Roddick once, but Roddick meets fans all the freakin' time.

I would be totally sick of fans if I was him, honestly.

ahile02
03-26-2010, 09:13 PM
Now I'm not saying Roddick's a bad person or anything like that, but from friends that have met him/ seen him in person he's kinda one of those players that isn't the nicest/most pleasant towards fans. Just his personality.

Toxicmilk
03-26-2010, 09:16 PM
You only meet Roddick once, but Roddick meets fans all the freakin' time.

True, also, he was prob. just trying to concentrate on practice.
Last time I saw him play, though, someone yelled "ANDY 150!!!!" and he yelled back "trust me i would if i could" or something along those lines.
in any case, the last few times I've seen him in any of his matches, he would be really friendly and talk to the crowd.