PDA

View Full Version : Venus's New Look

OddJack
03-26-2010, 09:40 PM
Motif is "sporty-sexy" she says...

More like sporty-ugly

http://sports.yahoo.com/tennis/blog/busted_racquet/post/Venus-Williams-debuts-new-Can-Can-corset-dress?urn=ten,230510

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/55/fullj.1806931b3472322be6914226b7965020/1806931b3472322be6914226b7965020-getty-93197968mh174_sony_ericsson.jpg

MichaelNadal
03-26-2010, 10:11 PM
Serena has definitely always been better at fashion.

decades
03-26-2010, 11:24 PM
you really know how to flatter a girl.

swissmiss
03-27-2010, 02:29 AM
I actually like it. I think it looks pretty cool.

ronalditop
03-27-2010, 06:48 AM
There's nothing sexy about Venus.

THUNDERVOLLEY
03-27-2010, 06:51 AM

..which can be accurately applied to 99% of the woman ever to play professional tennis.

hcb0804
03-27-2010, 07:37 AM
..which can be accurately applied to 99% of the woman ever to play professional tennis.
I think there are plenty of sexy/cuties out there on tour. Let's see: Dulko, Wozniacki, Radwanska, Szavay, Chakvatadze, Kirilenko, Cibulkova all come to mind.

THUNDERVOLLEY
03-27-2010, 07:41 AM
I think there are plenty of sexy/cuties out there on tour. Let's see: Dulko, Wozniacki, Radwanska, Szavay, Chakvatadze, Kirilenko, Cibulkova all come to mind.

You must be joking.

tennismsands
03-27-2010, 07:45 AM

Dont get me wrong i love aggie, but i wouldnt classify her under sexy or cute if u know what i mean :wink:

samprasvsfederer123
03-27-2010, 07:48 AM

sharapova, dementieva, kournikova

wtf are you talking about brother?

Ocean Drive
03-27-2010, 08:03 AM

Wozniacki, Radwanska, Szavay? Okay, the rest might be considered above average for tennis terms but those 3? No way.

THUNDERVOLLEY
03-27-2010, 08:03 AM

Think about how may women have played pro tennis from its origin up to the present day, then consider how insignificant your cited players are.

Ocean Drive
03-27-2010, 08:04 AM

3 vs thousands.....hmmmm? Can't you do mathematics?

MAX PLY
03-27-2010, 08:33 AM
Dress borrowed from RuPaul?

hcb0804
03-27-2010, 08:47 AM
Wozniacki, Radwanska, Szavay? Okay, the rest might be considered above average for tennis terms but those 3? No way.

Compared to Venus?? They are all gorgeous; they may not all have the most beautiful faces (remember they have little or no make up on court and their hair pulled back) but damn good bodies. Powder and paint makes a girl what she ain't!

Djokovicfan4life
03-27-2010, 08:49 AM
You must be joking.

There's something wrong with you if you don't think Dulko is at least mildly attractive.

MotherMarjorie
03-27-2010, 09:21 AM
Its a Madonna remake into a tennis outfit. Bad fashion can happen anywhere, without prior notice.

hcb0804
03-27-2010, 09:28 AM
There's something wrong with you if you don't think Dulko is at least mildly attractive.

Dulko is HOT!!

DRII
03-27-2010, 09:59 AM
you really know how to flatter a girl.

He's probably more interested in whats happening in the men's locker-room (he posts 'odd' updates every once in a while)...

Venus looked pretty hot in her skin sheer outfit a little while back.

She looks 'aight' in this new one. Not too bad, at least she getting some attention, without going too far.

DRII
03-27-2010, 10:00 AM

Now, South-American volleyball is a different story!

DRII
03-27-2010, 10:02 AM
Compared to Venus?? They are all gorgeous; they may not all have the most beautiful faces (remember they have little or no make up on court and their hair pulled back) but damn good bodies. Powder and paint makes a girl what she ain't!

Venus certainly has a nice body. Your judgment is clouded by hate!

Don't forget the autographed tennis ball...

Djokovicfan4life
03-27-2010, 10:07 AM
Dulko is HOT!!
I can see how some people might find her too skinny, but even then you can't say she isn't pretty.

TMF
03-27-2010, 10:18 AM

Of course Ivanovic belongs to that rare 1%

http://www.anaivanovic.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/node-gallery-display/1/Iconic0906.jpg

http://www.anaivanovic.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/node-gallery-display/1/Verano0901.jpg

Thank you.

Djokovicfan4life
03-27-2010, 11:14 AM
Second pic reeks of photoshopping, but yes, she's a looker.

Bhagi Katbamna
03-27-2010, 11:21 AM
At least she got rid of the Sham-Wow.

forthegame
03-27-2010, 11:29 AM
Motif is "sporty-sexy" she says...

More like sporty-ugly

http://sports.yahoo.com/tennis/blog/busted_racquet/post/Venus-Williams-debuts-new-Can-Can-corset-dress?urn=ten,230510

Nobody looks good while in the throes of hitting a tennis shot.

ALL the pros (women and men) look 'orrible while hitting a power shot.

OddJack
03-27-2010, 12:10 PM
Nobody looks good while in the throes of hitting a tennis shot.
ALL the pros (women and men) look 'orrible while hitting a power shot.

Rodge does, he is the only player in the world who's facial expressions does not change dramatically during the shot.

http://www.freewebs.com/duncfiehorne/federer%20forehand.jpg

By the way, I was talking about her dress, not her looks in the pic.

Atherton2003
03-27-2010, 01:09 PM
She looks like a cross between Sugar Ray Leonard and Dennis Rodman in a "can-can outfit".

Kick Serve 14
03-27-2010, 01:13 PM
Why all of the hate with the Williams Sisters? They aren't the best looking, but I assure you that in a match, 99% of us on these boards would be lucky to win more than one point off of them...

Dutch-Guy
03-27-2010, 02:02 PM
Why all of the hate with the Williams Sisters? They aren't the best looking, but I assure you that in a match, 99% of us on these boards would be lucky to win more than one point off of them...

How saying the Williams (brothers) sisters aren't attractive = hate?

sillymonkey
03-27-2010, 02:25 PM
She looks like a cross between Sugar Ray Leonard and Dennis Rodman in a "can-can outfit".

Agree. It's very "Lady Marmalade".

Kick Serve 14
03-27-2010, 05:01 PM
How saying the Williams (brothers) sisters aren't attractive = hate?

This further proves my point. Regardless, why make fun of them? In the end, their the ones with millions of dollars from playing tennis, because they have talent, and you don't...

CanadianChic
03-27-2010, 07:12 PM
Just when I am starting to think this section has taken a turn for the original we have yet another thread criticizing the looks of a female tennis player. Who cares? I have a feeling we're not dealing with a group of critical Brad Pitts here.

Justdoit10
03-27-2010, 07:31 PM
This further proves my point. Regardless, why make fun of them? In the end, their the ones with millions of dollars from playing tennis, because they have talent, and you don't...
We can say whatever the hell we want about them. Just because we cant make millions of dollars a year doesnt mean we are worthless human beings that dont deserve an opinion. A doctor, engineer, lawyer, etc. all have talents and are gifted individuals yet they dont ever get close to making the amount of money as the WS and other tennis players. These players are not gods and goddesses and neither are they above criticism. I couldn't careless about their million dollar pay checks.

OddJack
03-27-2010, 08:24 PM
We can say whatever the hell we want about them. Just because we cant make millions of dollars a year doesnt mean we are worthless human beings that dont deserve an opinion. A doctor, engineer, lawyer, etc. all have talents and are gifted individuals yet they dont ever get close to making the amount of money as the WS and other tennis players. These players are not gods and goddesses and neither are they above criticism. I couldn't careless about their million dollar pay checks.

This is a good response to that post. The fact that who makes what does not make them or their opinion better or worse than others and let me add that I respect what Serena and Venus have done to get where they are today. They come from a poor family, started tennis on a court where they had to step on broken beer bottles to get to the ball, but they had someone who believed in them and insisted they could succeed. And there is no doubt in my mind that there are numerous people in this world with more talent than today's top players but because of the circumstances either never picked up a racket as a pro or could not afford to follow up. They may watch tennis, write about it or even wander around forums like this so who are we to say that even their opinion has no value just because they are not making millions.

Justdoit10
03-27-2010, 08:31 PM
This is a good response to that post. The fact that who makes what does not make them or their opinion better or worse than others and let me add that I respect what Serena and Venus have done to get where they are today. They come from a poor family, started tennis on a court where they had to step on broken beer bottles to get to the ball, but they had someone who believed in them and insisted they could succeed. And there is no doubt in my mind that there are numerous people in this world with more talent than today's top players but because of the circumstances either never picked up a racket as a pro or could not afford to follow up. They may watch tennis, write about it or even wander around forums like this so who are we to say that even their opinion has no value just because they are not making millions.
This is a great post, oddjack! Well done.

Justdoit10
03-27-2010, 08:35 PM
lol Agreed.. Beer goggles are the only explanation.

darrinbaker00
03-27-2010, 08:48 PM

Neither of you have ever kissed a girl before, have you?

decades
03-27-2010, 08:50 PM
the color is all wrong for Venus. word.

Kevinfiji
03-27-2010, 11:10 PM
I think the outfit looks great and way better than most of her previous outfits. Whole buncha haters on these forums and it makes me sick!!

DRII
03-28-2010, 06:30 AM

I don't know if debasing someone's appearance is exactly criticism. I understand that fashion and image are apart of an athletes life who has reached a certain level of prestige or fame... (which in a way counters the point that some have made the Venus essentially looks like a gargoyle)... but making 'ugly' comments is not necessary and ultimately makes the player look better in most people's eyes.

Obviously appearance, and how it is judged, is more of a factor when it comes to female athletes - which can be an advantage (i.e. Kournikova) or a disadvantage for them....
And Venus is certainly not as universally accepted as 'pretty' such as Sharapova is, but I don't see how anyone would not put her at least in the 'realm' of athletically attractive. I mean she has a very nice body - tall, lean, statuesque, great legs and overall shape (and at least she has some breasts).

Lets be real - have any of you seen her in blue jeans?

Kick Serve 14
03-28-2010, 06:43 AM

Nice to know that your reading comprehension is amazing... My point about no talent was directed soley towards tennis talent. My post was not directed towards doctors or lawyers, because they have talent specifically different from tennis. THIS IS A TENNIS BOARD, I was referencing their talent on tennis...

larlarbd
03-28-2010, 09:08 AM
Line Judges BeWare - Here comes the williams ...:P

OKUSA
03-28-2010, 04:37 PM
Wozniacki looks so happy when she smiles, which is all the time. Best looking WTA player, it's all subjective anyways

Djokovicfan4life
03-28-2010, 04:50 PM
Wozniacki looks so happy when she smiles, which is all the time. Best looking WTA player, it's all subjective anyways

She looks like she could be the laughing sun in the Teletubbies after her tennis playing days are over. Not that it's necessarily a bad thing.

Big_Dangerous
03-28-2010, 04:59 PM
You must be joking.

You don't think Anna Chakvatdze is hot? Man you must be insane.

OKUSA
03-28-2010, 05:03 PM
it's the internet, anyone can act like they pull 10's every night like Barney Stinson

gpt
03-28-2010, 05:10 PM
Venus' new outfit looks like something from the best little *****house in tennis.

AllDownTheLine
03-28-2010, 05:12 PM
Dulko is HOT!!

Yes she certainly is!!

AllDownTheLine
03-28-2010, 05:18 PM
What point? You have no point as the talk in the thread is about her dress and naturally people talk about how people look.

TheTruth
03-28-2010, 05:22 PM
Of course we can criticize people's looks all day long, but let's be fair. They look better than a whole host of WTA players.

1. Kuzzy
2. Radswanska
3. Clijsters
4. Henin
5. Kleybanova
6. Azarenka
7. Suarez-Navarro
8. Petrova
9. Graf
10. Sanchez-Vicario
11. Pierce
12. Capriati
13. Spirlea
14. Raymond
15. Moriariu

I could go on and on, it's weird that we don't see threads bashing these players for their aesthetic.

DRII
03-28-2010, 06:39 PM
Of course we can criticize people's looks all day long, but let's be fair. They look better than a whole host of WTA players.

1. Kuzzy
2. Radswanska
3. Clijsters
4. Henin
5. Kleybanova
6. Azarenka
7. Suarez-Navarro
8. Petrova
9. Graf
10. Sanchez-Vicario
11. Pierce
12. Capriati
13. Spirlea
14. Raymond
15. Moriariu

I could go on and on, it's weird that we don't see threads bashing these players for their aesthetic.

who is they?

TheTruth
03-28-2010, 07:47 PM
who is they?

Most of them are current players. Pierce, Sanchez-Vicario, Capriati and Graf are former players. Kuzzy is Kuznetsova. Anyway, I was just wondering why people don't create threads to bash these players' looks. It's always the Williams Sisters, who are both cute to me, and never anyone else. I mean, Clijsters looks a lot like Princess Fiona, and not a peep.

DRII
03-28-2010, 07:53 PM
Most of them are current players. Pierce, Sanchez-Vicario, Capriati and Graf are former players. Kuzzy is Kuznetsova. Anyway, I was just wondering why people don't create threads to bash these players' looks. It's always the Williams Sisters, who are both cute to me, and never anyone else. I mean, Clijsters looks a lot like Princess Fiona, and not a peep.

Oh OK, I agree completely!

ronalditop
03-28-2010, 08:31 PM

The answer is simple. Those players you mention dont pretend to be seen as hot. On the other hand, both Venus and specially Serena have huge egos and both think they're beautiful, again specially Serena.

OliverSimon
03-28-2010, 08:34 PM
It looks like some ugly a** lingerie.

TheTruth
03-29-2010, 12:58 AM
The answer is simple. Those players you mention dont pretend to be seen as hot. On the other hand, both Venus and specially Serena have huge egos and both think they're beautiful, again specially Serena.

What? The issue is that Serena and Venus are often on this forum for their looks, while not one word is said about all these uglies. Serena and Venus look better than every last one on that list, imo. I think that they're very pretty. Different standards.

Darth_Timmaayyy!!
03-29-2010, 02:16 AM
Just when I am starting to think this section has taken a turn for the original we have yet another thread criticizing the looks of a female tennis player. Who cares? I have a feeling we're not dealing with a group of critical Brad Pitts here.

Well, you might actually have a chance to pick up here then! :wink:

cknobman
03-29-2010, 05:43 AM
I like the new look, very nice (for Venus anyways).

jones101
03-29-2010, 08:47 AM
I think she is looking sexy.

She also stated in her press conference that she has 'remixed' her infamous AO dress, which she will be previewing soon.

I think the AO 'remix' dress would cause a stir if she wore it @ Wimby.

http://www.sonyericssonopen.com/News/Tennis/2010/Interview-Transcripts/Interview-Transcripts/Extra-Column/Venus-Williams-Second-Round.aspx

Q. Do you have other colors for this tournament, or red all the way through?
VENUS WILLIAMS: Well, there is a dress that has been remixed.
Q. A remix?
VENUS WILLIAMS: There is a remix dress coming. Yeah, a lot of
Q. Stay tuned.
VENUS WILLIAMS: coverage earlier this year. But I was kind of excited about wearing the new one. I didn't bring the remix back. It will be back, though.