PDA

View Full Version : Is it true that Djokovic was booed?

babbette
03-27-2010, 04:13 AM
Does anyone know more about this? Apparently he was booed as he walked out.:confused:

rovex
03-27-2010, 04:15 AM
Not surprising really. His form has been poor and a world number 2 should never lose in the 2nd round.

swissmiss
03-27-2010, 04:23 AM
The articles I read said that people started to groan and a few booed in the third set when he was playing so badly. Then when he walked off there were a few jeers.

I feel bad for him. I would never boo a player even if he was playing like my grandmother. I don't think it's very nice!

FlamEnemY
03-27-2010, 05:11 AM
It's stupid if it happened. Like it's his fault and he decided to play poorly just to screw them.

Anaconda
03-27-2010, 06:44 AM
^^^LOL. I have seen guys like Safin get warnings for 'not trying' and 'losing on purpose'. I kid you not.

sh@de
03-27-2010, 07:16 AM
I don't think it's nice to boo a player when they play poorly. I mean, they're probably disappointed/angry with themselves already, why add salt to the wound?

However, I am one of the more... outspoken types of people, so I would boo the player if they did something inappropriate, but definitely not if they played poorly.

People who boo players who play poorly are pathetic.

wangs78
03-27-2010, 07:24 AM
I don't think it's nice to boo a player when they play poorly. I mean, they're probably disappointed/angry with themselves already, why add salt to the wound?

However, I am one of the more... outspoken types of people, so I would boo the player if they did something inappropriate, but definitely not if they played poorly.

People who boo players who play poorly are pathetic.

Well, the thing is Djokovic has a reputation of throwing in the towel. Not so much by tanking the match but by more suspicious means (retiring, basically) or medical timeouts, etc. When it happens so much, and I think he's become the poster boy for this kind of behavior bc the other top players don't do this) fans stop giving you the benefit of the doubt. If Fed or Nadal was playing poorly I don't think anyone would think they weren't trying. With Djokovic you feel like he's given up.

angiebaby
03-27-2010, 07:38 AM
Poor Novak. The hits just keep on coming don't they.