PDA

View Full Version : Prince Topspin and Prince Synthetic Gut Multifilament

WilsonFX
03-27-2010, 08:51 AM
Has anyone played with these?I heard the Topspin string is kinda crappy and I don't have any opinions on the Syn Gut Multi,but I kinda wanted to try it out.Thoughts on these 2 strings?

mikeler
03-27-2010, 09:11 AM
Has anyone played with these?I heard the Topspin string is kinda crappy and I don't have any opinions on the Syn Gut Multi,but I kinda wanted to try it out.Thoughts on these 2 strings?

The Topspin one is not great. I did not notice any extra spin potential with it. Also, it only lasted me 3 or 4 sets both times I used it. Never tried the other string.

WilsonFX
03-27-2010, 10:26 AM
Thanks,Mikeler.I don't think I'll try the topspin one then..anyone have opinions on the multifil?

Valjean
03-27-2010, 01:25 PM
Prince makes their textured topspin string in two flavors--Topspin Plus (16 gauge) and Topspin 15L with Duraflex, two very different strings. Which did you wish to consider?

PSGM has a higher rate of tension loss according to USRSA tests than some.

mikeler
03-27-2010, 01:29 PM
I used the 15L btw.

kcjim
03-27-2010, 07:38 PM
I bought a dozen sets of Prince Multifiliment syn gut on e-bay in 16 and 17g, and was somewhat surprised. I really was expecting more power and feel from this string. That is not to say i'm disapointed though. It has decent feel, is very much control oriented, and has a low cost. spin potential seems at the low end of the middle. To me, its a good choice for oversized racquets that have more power than is needed, or for low tension ranges (45-55lbs). I have a friend with a prince silver that i will be stringing with this, and we will see if it tones down that beast. By the way, my best comparison between prince multi and what i have used before would be tnt fatcore. about the same power, prince has a bit more feel, the fatcore has a bit more spin potential. that really isn't a glowing recomendation, as tnt fatcore is considerably cheaper.