PDA

View Full Version : Grommet question, please help to save my old Prince Racquet

Columbus OH - Fairfax VA
04-14-2004, 11:38 AM
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/PPics/DB26.JPG

Grommet question, please help to save my old “Prince Synergy DB CTS 24” racquet

Couple weeks ago, a set of new string on my old “Prince Synergy DB CTS 24” Racquet broke without warning. It seems that it is caused by string directly touching the frame after the string has split the grommet. It will be easy if I can buy a new grommet for this racquet; however, it is an old racquet from the early 90’s.

I find the individual grommet and nylon tubing on the TW. I am not sure which method is better. Please share your knowledge and experiences on them. I usually go to Sports Authority or Galyan’s to get my racquets restrung, due to their low price, but I doubted that they would do this kind of work.

How long usually does a grommet last? I rarely scratch my racquets and also use the Gamma Guard Head tape to protect all my racquets. I always string my racquet within the recommeded range. Now I am worried to run into the same problems on my other new racquets and thinking about buying back up grommets, while they are still available. Does it make sense?

algaray
04-14-2004, 10:28 PM
Ask around tennis shops in your area that cater to advanced players. See if you find someone who recongnizes it. They may be able to find a set of grommets or adapt a set to fit.

I recently had my much older Head Pro Graphite (from late 1980s) restored with new grommets adapted from Wilson. They kept the racket for a couple of weeks, working on it little by little. I was shocked when the cost was only $10. I paid to have new strings put on and it feels as good as new and better feel than many of the rackets I have tried.

Look around. You'll need to find someone who is interested in the project.

Jeffrey Wang
04-15-2004, 11:06 AM
Have you call Prince to see if they can come up with something for you? Maybe they can fine something close to your model and you may restore it. Good luck!

Columbus OH - Fairfax VA
04-15-2004, 11:34 AM
Thanks (Xie Xie) for your hlep. : )
Lu

LoveThisGame
04-15-2004, 06:14 PM
Columbus-Fairfax, I have grommets for the Prince CTS Synergy DB 26 OS.

Email me at pIeIrIfIiIdIoIaATptdDOTnet if interested, and remove all caps in my address, first.