PDA

View Full Version : BB Original versus ALU Power: which one provides the best spin potential?

Gustavo Kuerten
03-28-2010, 09:20 AM
For those who immediately think about the Rough version: I've tried it, but for some reason I didn't like it at all.

ericsson
03-29-2010, 12:10 AM
For those who immediately think about the Rough version: I've tried it, but for some reason I didn't like it at all.

Wait a minute here, you like regular ALU but you hate the rough right? very strange cos initially it is the same string, only some rough edges added that's all.

ClubHoUno
03-29-2010, 03:43 PM
Wait a minute here, you like regular ALU but you hate the rough right? very strange cos initially it is the same string, only some rough edges added that's all.

Yes and no :lol:

I play with both Alu Smooth and Alu Rough, and even though It's supposedly is the same string, the Rough feels a great deal stiffer and harder than the Alu Power Smooth does. In fact so much, that I will buy an extra reel of Alu Power Smooth and let the Rough reel I have go for sale.

ogruskie
03-29-2010, 06:04 PM
ALU Has better spin potential. However I prefer BBO because it has much greater control, for me at least. ALU might be thinner and more spinny, but I feel that it's too lively and unpredictable. On the other hand BBO is very low powered so I can rip the ball and still have it go in the direction I intended.

Gustavo Kuerten
03-30-2010, 12:24 PM
Well, I think i'm going to stick with the ALU then, since I don't want to give up extra power.